• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 25 July 2008 - 21:57

TRON: Legacy (2010) - IMDb

Tron 2 Revealed At Comic-Con

Disney unveiled computer animation that for a sequel to its classic 1982 animated SF movie Tron in a surprise announcement to more than 6,500 fans at Comic-Con International in San Diego on July 24.

The sequence opens with a camera twisting through the clouds during a thunderstorm, then down and across a grid. In the center, a figure in a new version of the blue light suit runs and jumps, and a new version of the lightcycle materializes under him.

He engages a second lightcycle rider in yellow-green in a chase, down stairs, up ramps, over planes of transparency, hurtling toward the grid's edge, beyond which loom gray mountains, split by a narrow crevasse.

The cyclists speed side by side toward the crevasse, each trying to sideswipe the other one and throw him off balance.

Blue reaches the mountain and disappears into the gap. Green skids to a stop, perpendicular to the opening, and then takes off in a different direction.

Blue travels on a twisting path through the mountain; beyond lies a bridge leading to a vast cityscape.

Blue crosses Green's laser trail, and his lightcycle shatters into a million pieces, throwing Blue through the air.

The footage then cuts to a vast, white live-action room in which sits an older version of what seems to be Kevin Flynn from the original film, still played by Jeff Bridges. He looks out a broad window and sees Green below him on the bridge.

Green, carrying a collapsed version of his lightcycle, approaches the crumpled body of Blue

Green stops and looks up, toward a gigantic mountain rising above them. We can see white light shining from a rectangular window cut into the mountainside. Is this where Flynn is watching?

Blue says to Green, "This is just a game!"

Green replies, "Not anymore."

Green throws his cycle at Blue and the footage cuts to black. The footage ends with a stylized "2," which merges into the word "Tron."

Var säker på att det redan fanns en tråd om Tron 2, men jag hittar den inte. Om det är så att jag missat den säg till så slår jag ihop trådarna.

Edited by Georgia, 05 October 2011 - 22:04.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#2 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 22:08

Har sett cam-versionen av teasern, och den är riktigt häftig. :)

http://play.tm/wire/click/2029567

Definitivt nåt som jag kommer kolla på.

Ryktas att tydligen kommer Disney släppa en hi-rez version snart, och det skulle ju verkligen inte komma en sekund för tidigt.

#3 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 28 July 2008 - 13:34

Total Film - News: Tron sequel revealed at Comic Con
Jeff Bridges is back for Tr2n…
25 Jul 2008 11:05am

The Wolverine footage wasn’t the only shock at Comic Con so far this year. Disney sneakily brought some footage from the long-developing Tron sequel to its panel for kid adventure Race To Witch Mountain.

The footage, which features the original film’s classic light cycles and its riders given a 21st century update, also shows that Jeff Bridges Flynn bearded and showing his age, is clearly still involved with all things digitised.

Hopefully the footage will be officially released soon, as this looks like a lot of fun. Check out MTV for a full description.

MTV Movies Blog » BREAKING: ‘Tron’ Sequel Teaser Revealed, Jeff Bridges Returns For ‘Tr2n’
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#4 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 31 July 2008 - 19:20

TRON 2: The Story Behind the Comic Con Teaser Trailer | /Film

#5 Supertreck

Supertreck

Senior Commodore

• Aktiv member
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 15:49

Är det här filmen när hans program blev stulet och han hoppade in i den binära världen för att leta rätt på den?
Han hittade ju den till slut.

Vad ska den här filmen handla om i så fall?

#6 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 12:27

Ain't It Cool - Tron 2 Is Crewing Up!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Last week, Disney informed us that Tron 2 (or TR2N) is indeed heading into production. While this was reassuring after the maybe/maybe not announcement at Comic Con (that eye-popping teaser was essentially test footage), the lack of specificity (aside from director Joseph Kosinski and writers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis) bothered me. If this is really happening, shouldn't there be some additional talent already attached?

Well, there is. And it's some seriously talented talent. Tonight, Watchmen and 300 costume designer Michael Wilkinson confirmed to me that TR2N is his next project (after Terminator Salvation). He couldn't offer up any precise detail on what he'll do with those iconic outfits, but it's comforting to know that he's approaching the film as a fan of the original. (He seemed impressed that I own a "Flynn's" t-shirt. Impressed or quietly sickened. Hard to tell when you barely know someone.)

Hopefully, we'll have more names to pass along over the next few weeks.

#7 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 13:45

First Showing - Jeff Bridges Finally Talks About Working on Tr2n!

October 6, 2008

So I don't think we're the only ones who start salivating when we hear any mention of Tron 2 aka Tr2n, which is why I couldn't more happier to write this news today. I finally got the chance to see the teaser trailer that was shown at Comic-Con on the glorious big screen a few weeks ago and it still blows my mind every time.

After that first hit, we wrote a very interesting follow-up regarding the real story behind the development of the project, which seems to have been given the greenlight after the tremendous reaction at Comic-Con. Today's update finally comes from Jeff Bridges himself, who made an appearance in the actual teaser trailer, courtesy of the Brits over at the The Guardian. Care to know more?

Will Lawrence of The Guardian interviewed Bridges about his upcoming appearance in How to Lose Friends & Alienate People and got a few questions in about Tr2n.

"That's another unique, wild experience that was too good to turn down. Engaging in that world again feels just like it did all that time ago. Basically, I'm still a child, I love being childlike, and here was another chance to play with these crazy toys. And the cutting-edge technology makes it exciting. Doing the teaser trailer for Comic-Con, I had my first experience of motion capture. And that's turning the industry on its head. It's amazing being part of that."

Bridges next answer to a question about modernizing Tron causes him to compare it to King Kong.

"Well, when we made Tron there was no internet, no cellphones. But now we have motion capture, so I think we'll get a far more successful version of the story, which is someone literally getting sucked into a video game. When we did King Kong in the 70s, one minute you'd have a shot of Rick Baker in this big suit and then you'd cut to this 80ft stiff model, and they looked nothing alike. Compare to that Peter Jackson's King Kong the technology is there and they did a wonderful job. I thought they created a beautiful Kong. So I hope that'll be the same for Tron."

Remember, the first Tron was made way back in 1982, when Bridges was 32. Now he's 58. I'm not so bold as to pick apart what he was saying about the motion capture elements and comparisons to King Kong, because I'm still in awe from the amazing teaser. I just really can't wait for this movie. I know I'm excited for Watchmen, but something about that teaser trailer still gives me the chills unlike anything else. And I think it has to do with the fact that Jeff Bridges was a part of it. I have a good feeling that he'll still be in the final film, which really makes it all the better. And as for his comparison to King Kong - I truly hope only mean that this has the potential to be another revolutionary film. Bring it on Joseph Kosinski!

#8 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 17:36

Kör hårt. :) Disney låter inte så dumma just nu.

#9 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:04

/Film - TR2N Will Be Released in 3D

Monday, October 6th, 2008

AICN got a chance to chat briefly with TR2N director Joseph Kosinski over the weekend, who revealed that not only was the Comic Con test footage filmed in steroscopic 3D, but the final film will also be filmed and released using the latest in 3D technology. If there is one movie I want to see in 3D, it is a sequel to TRON.

Kosinski was also able to confirm at TRON creator Steven Lisberger is involved as a consultant, and that the external riders seen in the Comic Con preview were actually part of his original design, but deemed too technologically challenged for the original 1982 film. The director also seems confident that the film could be ready for a late 2010 release. It should be noted that the original film was released in July, and TRON doesn’t really seem like a holiday film to me.

#10 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 01 December 2008 - 12:36

Tron 2 Renamed? Possible Plot Information Revealed! | /Film
I’m not sure how reliable this intel is right now. We’ve passed along information from the subscription trade magazine Production Weekly in the past is reporting that Disney’s Tron sequel has been renamed from the horrible Tr2n to the even worse TRZ. I have an idea, why don’t you call it… Tron 2? or Tron 2.0 Wow. I’m sure the brand and name probably still has value with today’s movie-going public. I’m pretty sure the little kids aren’t going to think it’s cool because its written in “cool” online abbreviations. Plus, when will companies like Disney realize that when they try to copy a “cool trend”, it always rubs the X-generation as “Dad is trying to talk like his kids in gChat.” There is really no reason for the change, but I digress.

Production Weekly also has a short plot synopsis: “After being transported into the surreal landscape of a mainframe computer to destroy an intruder, a programmer finds himself allied with the leader of a rebellion against a corrupt cyber-entity.” The early test footage/trailer shown at comic con featured Jeff Bridges, reprising his role as a programmer named Flynn from the first film, but possibly with a turn to the dark side. If the new plot synopsis is true, this would mean that Flynn is teaming with a new programmer to defend the system from his former friend Tron.

What do you think? And speaking of that test footage/trailer — when is Disney going to officially release it and name a release date?

#11 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 13:10

TRZ???

Låter ganska suspekt, för det är ju en ovanligt korkad filmtitel isåfall.

#12 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:19

Two Cast In Tron Sequel
Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett are the first to sign on for the sequel to Tron, called either TR2N or Tron 2.0, depending on which Hollywood trade paper is doing the reporting.

The sequel to the 1982 Disney movie is being directed by Joseph Kosinski, a commercial director.

Sean Bailey is producing along with Steven Lisberger, who co-wrote and directed the original film, and Jeff Silver.

The original centered on a programmer who is thrust into a computer and forced to fight in games he helped create.

The new movie is acting as a "next chapter," according to The Hollywood Reporter. Plot details are being guarded closely, but Wilde will play a worker in the virtual world who tries to help fight Master Control Program, the villainous intelligence protocol that was the nemesis in the original film. Garrett will play a siren in the virtual world.

The male lead has not been cast, but the studio and filmmakers are screen-testing actors as it brings on other leads and supporting players.

Tron 2.0 is eyeing a spring shoot and is shaping up as one of the studio's most anticipated projects in years. Kosinski shot reels to test technology and showcase his vision for the film; the footage screened at Comic-Con in July and was one of the most buzzed-about films coming out of the geekfest.

Jeff Bridges is expected to reprise his role from the original movie.

#13 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 17:10

Kommer tydligen filmas helt i 3-D om man ska tro den här artikeln/ryktet. Svårt att veta vad man ska tro om ryktet och om tekniken då man inte sett något. Det vill ju till att det fungerar bra och att biografkedjorna här i landet vågar/vill uppgradera/byta ut sina nuvarande system så att så många som möjligt kan ta del av den här typen av film.

I think the masses would love this tidbit of info. Tron 2.0 is going to be shot ENTIRELY in 3-D. They are really excited about what they are going to be doing with the Tron world in 3-D.

With new technology, they can actually wear the glasses at the monitors as they shoot & it will show them exactly how the 3-D will look so that they can get exactly what they are looking for.

If there has ever been a world that 3-D would totally embrace, I think it would be the world of Tron. Specifically, we are going to get a first person view from inside of a light cycle in the film. That should be a lot of fun.

Edited by Cartman, 17 December 2008 - 17:11.

#14 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 03:14

Låter väldigt roligt. Är ju en hel del filmer som har den nya mer avancerade 3D-tekniken på G just nu, och som säkert kommer vara intressanta att se i en sån salong.

Men då får ni nog fara över till det stora landet i Väst mina vänner... för här i Sverige kommer det nog dröja ända tills 3D blir standard innan svenska biografer kommer börja ta till sig det.

#15 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 23 December 2008 - 23:37

Bruce Boxleitner Returning for Tron 2.0 - ComingSoon.net

Bruce Boxleitner, who played Alan Bradley and the title character in Walt Disney Pictures' 1982 film Tron, is currently filming a role for the studio's upcoming Tron 2.0. He joins fellow original cast member Jeff Bridges and newcomers Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett in the anticipated action-adventure.

In the original, hacker/arcade owner Kevin Flynn (Bridges) is digitally broken down into a data stream by a villainous software pirate known as the Master Control Program (MCP) and reconstituted into the internal, 3-D graphical world of computers. It is there, in the ultimate blazingly colorful, geometrically intense landscapes of cyberspace, that Flynn joins forces with Tron (Boxleitner) to outmaneuver the MCP that holds them captive in the equivalent of a gigantic, infinitely challenging computer game.

Though plot details are being kept under wraps, it is know that the new movie will act as the "next chapter." Wilde will play a worker in the virtual world who tries to help fight Master Control Program, while Garrett will play a siren in the virtual world.

#16 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 07 January 2009 - 16:57

IGN: Tron 2 Gets Leading Man
Relative unknown nabs starring role.
by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, January 7, 2009 - Disney has cast relativity unknown actor Garrett Hedlund as the lead in the Tron sequel, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Heldund is probably most famous for playing Patroclus in Troy, with supporting roles in Eragon, Four Brothers and Friday Night Lights also on his CV.

Apparently Cloverfield star Michael Stahl-David was amongst those screen-tested by Disney for the project, with the likes of Ryan Gosling and Chris Pine also considered.

However it was ultimately Hedlund who landed the lead in the $150 million sci-fi follow-up, which will see him play a new man sucked inside a computer, and forced to retrace the steps of original programmer Kevin Flynn - played by Jeff Bridges in the original.

The trade mag also reports that the film has undergone yet another name change, with the sequel, previously known as Tron 2 and Tr2n, now called simply Tron.

Bridges reprises his role from the first movie, with his character now the CEO of software corporation, whilst Olivia Wilde and Beau Garrett have also been cast. Architect-turned-commercials director Joseph Kosinski will helm.

Verkar som om dom skippar alla förslag på titeln (Tr2n, Tron2) och bara kommer att kalla den Tron nu.

#17 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 25 July 2009 - 11:48

Comic-Con: Tron 2 Retitled TRON Legacy; IMAX 3D; Concept Art and New Scene Revealed | /Film

Posted Image Disney finally revealed the title to the Tron sequel at the Disney 3D panel at Comic-Con 2009 — TRON Legacy. Jeff Bridges explains that the title is in reference to the story's theme: "It's basically a story about a son's search for his father. It was also revealed that Tron Legacy will be released in both Digital Disney 3D (old news) and IMAX 3D (new news).

Disney surprised nearly everyone by premiering a teaser trailer for the project (which was actually a test created to convince Disney not make the film) at last year's Comic Con. The footage was easily the most talked about thing of last year's con. The Tron crew returned to Hall H this year, but unfortunately weren't able to live up to their last appearance. That is not to say that what we saw of the film was not impressive, it is just they didn't have a lot to show since the film just wrapped production and they have a year of post production ahead of them.

"And the first Tron, when we made it in 81, there was no internet," explained Jeff Bridges. "Cell phones were things you carried around in a suit case, and what you saw was so new and fresh, and the same thing is true with this one."

Disney has released an official plot synopsis:

TRON is a 3D high-tech adventure set in a digital world that's unlike anything ever captured on the big screen. Sam Flynn (GARRETT HEDLUND), the tech-savvy 27-year-old son of Kevin Flynn (JEFF BRIDGES), looks into his father's disappearance and finds himself pulled into the same world of fierce programs and gladiatorial games where his father has been living for 25 years. Along with Kevin's loyal confidant (OLIVIA WILDE), father and son embark on a life-and-death journey across a visually-stunning cyber universe that has become far more advanced and exceedingly dangerous.

Because none of the footage from inside the computer world was finished, they premiered some cool concept images from the production. Art included the recognizer, which is a bit evolved from the original film. The world of tron has been sitting on a server for 20 years, not connected to the internet, evolvoing. The scale is much larger, "a photo real or photo surreal enviorment." We were shown a shot of the mile high tower in the center of the city, which we're sure is an important location in the film's plot. Another piece showed a scene on the streets of tron city, where we get to see what its like to be a program in this world.

Posted Image

A few concept photos were shown of Disc wars, which has also evolved from the original film into a 16-game tournament. The arena is set-up so that the game court organically evolves. All 16 games are going on at the same time, and the boards combine in real time, until the last two Disc warriors are connected. We were shown some test footage of an athlete who uses a form of martial arts athleticism I've never seen before called luke kicking or tricking. The disc warrior was jumping around doing insane flips while chucking a disc. Very impressive. The footage was shown in super slow motion, having been shot with the phantom camera in 3D (a first) at 1000 (?) frames a second.

TRON Legacy Teaser Trailer | /Film

Tron Legacy Viral - Lightcycle - Trailer Addict

Tron Legacy Trailer - UGO

#18 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 03 September 2009 - 22:53

Tron: Legacy release date set for December 17, 2010 | SCI FI Wire

Walt Disney will be releasing Tron: Legacy, its highly anticipated 3-D sequel to Tron, on December 17, 2010, the studio said in a press release today.

The follow up to the 1982 cult classic is directed by Joseph Kosinski, who is making his feature debut with the film. Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner return from the first film, which was released in the summer of 1982. Bridges and Boxleitner will be joined in Tron: Legacy by Garrett Hedlund, Michael Sheen, John Hurt, Olivia Wilde, James Frain and Beau Garrett.

Currently scheduled for release on the same date are The Green Hornet, The Smurfs and Yogi Bear.

#19 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 16:19

Trailer: http://www.program-glitch-esc.net/

Looking good.

//Peak
* Sci-Fi Nytt * Sci-Fi Nytts Forum

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

#20 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts
  • Interests:Serier, musik, konst, teckning.

Posted 09 March 2010 - 16:26

Cooooool!!! :thumbsup:
Och Bruce Boxleitner är också med! (ja, jag vet att han var med i originalet, men visste inte att han skulle vara med nu)
*Hockey och superhjältar*

#21 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 16:41

Jo, jag håller med. Jag stönade och rullade med ögonen när jag fick reda på att filmen skulle komma, men det här ser ju riktigt bra ut... Så jag får nog äta kråka på den fronten.

//Peak

sixty six."

#22 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 16:55

Tron känns som gjord att göras i 3D också, så det lär bli en massiv upplevelse att se sen. Hade inga tidiga åsikter, för jag hade ingen riktig koll på att den här skulle komma. Och Tron har väldigt länge varit den där filmen man kan köpa sjukt billigt i en maffig dvd-utgåva utan att det riktigt blivit av. Så kanske inte har det där "emotionella" bandet heller, vilket kan vara skönt ibland.

#23 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 17:09

Ser rätt läckert ut.
Jag är inte ens säker på att jag sett hela första filmen det var säkert 15 år sen jag den och vad jag minns då var att jag inte gillade den. Men nu finns det anledning att se om den. Det är inte alls omöjligt att jag ändrar uppfattning om Tron idag :)

Winter is Coming

#24 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 17:15

Kan ju jämföra med trailern för originalet från 82:

//Peak

sixty six."

#25 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 18:07

Men då var det säkert minst lika häftigt som vi tycker Tron Legacy-trailern är iofs? ;)