#1 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 18:30

IMDb: The Thing (2010)

Universal wants a sequel to The Thing
Posted on Tue, 4-May-2004

A bit of a weird scoop floated Aint it Cool's way about the status of "The Thing 2", which according to a recent article in Australia's Empire, is something John Carpenter would actually like to do.

"At restaurant in Orlando right now. On wireless PDA. Two guys behind us talking about The Thing 2. One older in 50s? Other younger in mid 30s? Listening...younger guy is talking about game? Nothing in pipeline, JC was too stubborn, bad story. Original writers dead????? Universal still wants sequel JC track record sucks. Talking about EFLA now, ugh, bad movie! Older guy says he would consider if JC did a screen test or proof of concept with KR and it was good. DAM! Was hoping something in pipe. Someone call JC and talk sense into that man. Older guy said Larry Franko approached him a year ago? Who is Larry Franko? Older guy says did not like JC story about sub. I Agree, bad story with sub. Needs to be present day, KR flying choppers for tourists in Caribbean when MIBs show yes? Posted Image Mcreedy scapegoat for 20 years now they want help? Posted Image I'm getting carried away, loved that movie. One of my all time favorites. Will give more detail later, typing on this thing is a bitch."

Last we heard of a "Thing 2" was that it was pretty much D.O.A, because Carpenter and the studio had different ideas - but hopefully there's something in this.

Tyckte den förste var läskig nog Posted Image

Edited by Georgia, 02 April 2012 - 15:36.

Xena doesn't just have a warcry. She made war cry. Just ask Ares

For Xena, death is never permanent. Its just a slight set back and always part of her plan.

If you're going through hell, keep going.Winston Churchill

Combat Information Center

Min avatar samling

#2 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 17 September 2008 - 20:13

4år senare... :lol:

THE THING Follow-Up is a Prequel? | Mania.com
By: Jarrod Sarafin
Date: Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Source: Latino Review
It seems that we are moving forward with a possible The Thing follow-up from Universal Pictures. For years, there have been whispers of another incursion into the world we last saw on the big screen in 1982 from director John Carpenter's remake. But we didn't know whether it would be a direct sequel or a remake.

It turns out it could be neither, says Maniac Joeybaloney who sent this our direction. George "El Guapo" Roush from Latino Review had a chance to talk to producer Marc Abraham about the the progress and here's what he had to say.

"This is more of a prequel than a sequel, there is your exclusive. Its going to be taking place in the same time frame."

He also went on to say that the prequel would focus on the Norwegian research team that we saw dead at the beginning of Carpenter's version, the same team which originally thawed the alien creature out of the ice.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#3 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:54

Ingen verkar veta om det är en remake/prequel/sequel. Bloody Disgusting har lite mer info som verkar peka åt remake-hållet. Intressant om det stämmer, att Ron D. Moore har skrivit manus. Dock har jag svårt att se hur den här filmen skulle kunna bli bra.

"In the screenplay by Ronald D. Moore, the prequel takes place from the Norwegian camps point of view. An American scientific expedition to the frozen wastes of the Antarctic is interrupted by a group of seemingly mad Norwegians pursuing and shooting a dog.

The helicopter pursuing the dog crashes leaving no explanation for the chase.

During the night, the dog mutates and attacks other dogs in the cage and members of the team that investigate. The team soon realize that an alien life-form with the ability to take over bodies is on the loose and they don't know who may already have been taken over."

Edited by Cartman, 29 December 2008 - 15:21.

#4 Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Senior Commodore

• Aktiv member
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:36

Är det en prequel så är den onödig. Vi vet redan vad som hände med det norska forskarteamet och vem vill se det händelseförloppet i detalj? Det skulle bara bli en efterapning (även om en Hollywoodfilm där alla pratar norska kanske vore sevärd bara för den sakens skull).

Är det en sequel så är den också onödig. Det finns redan ett PC-spel som utspelar sig efter Carpenters film (och som Carpenter själv anser vara canon).

Är det en remake... så kommer den sannolikt att suga hårt. Men eftersom det redan finns två bra filmer baserade på Campbells berättelse så tycker Tinseltown väl att det behövs en skräpversion också. Enda möjliga förklaringen.

Edited by Mjolnir, 05 January 2009 - 01:37.

#5 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:36

Heja Mjolnir! Det är alltid lika kul när du ser positivt på något. ;)
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#6 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 16 January 2009 - 19:02

Film news Director attached to The Thing prequel? | TotalFilm.com
John Carpenter’s classic looks set to become a franchise

Relatively unknown director Matthijs van Heijningen Jr is in talks to direct The Thing prequel for Universal Pictures, inside sources have claimed.

The director, currently attached to Zack Synder’s Army Of The Dead, is looking to make a movie set before the John Carpenter classic, according to Bloody-Disgusting.

The Thing prequel will apparently follow the ordeals of the Norwegian research camp, seen briefly in the first flick.

Keeping it in the (Macready) family

It looks like Heijningen is also pushing for the lead character to have a direct link to the 1982 movie. The director is keen to make the protagonist the brother of R.J Macready, the character played by Kurt Russell.

Sounds like an awful idea to us. Hopefully it’s either nothing more than a rumour or will be thrown out during development. We’ll keep you posted.

I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#7 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:42

Universal has officially announced today that Ronald D. Moore, the mastermind behind such groundbreaking shows as "Carnivale" and "Battlestar Galactica," will pen the script for the prequel which focuses on a Norwegian camp overrun by shape-shifting aliens. Geek-gasm. The film has commercial director Matthijs Van Heijningen attached to direct, as previously reported (if you head over to AICN, you can check out some of his ad work). (Källa)

Tror jag inte sett de tidigare filmerna f.ö. inte vad jag kan minnas iaf.

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#8 Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Senior Commodore

• Aktiv member
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:22

Moore: "Nej nej, det är inte alls skräck eller sci-fi eller nåt sånt barnsligt. Det är seriöst *drama* som helt enkelt råkar utspela sig i Antarktis, med ett shapeshifter-monster och lite gore... va, vad menar du med 'pretto'?"

#9 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:39

Valet av regissör var oväntat och jag har som jag sagt tidigare svårt att se hur detta skulle kunna bli bra.

Hoppas få möjlighet att läsa RDMs manus framöver och se vad han har hittat på, då han är bra på att skriva sådana i andra sammanhang.

#10 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 23:00

Japp, blir en prequel. Undrar hur den kommer att sluta? :blink: Inspelningen börjar 15 mars.
Carpenters version ligger mig varmt om hjärtat och nyfiken som jag är måste jag bara se denna och se om den har något att komma med :)

The Thing Prequel
Regissör: Matthijs Van Heijningen
Script: Eric Heisserer

Klicka på "the link is here" i artikeln så kommer du till spoilertv där det står info om karaktärerna.

Further Details On Thing Prequel
13 January 2010

The casting call for director Matthijs Van Heijningen’s soon-to-get-going Thing prequel is so detailed that it even tells you who gets replaced by the alien shapeshifter. We won’t share that with you (although the link is here if you want it) but we will tell you that the testosterone-heavy dynamic of the original will be thoroughly shaken up this time around: one of the three leads is *gasp* a woman!

What the call sheet also reveals is that, contrary to rumour, Eric Heisserer’s script doesn’t feature a role for the brother of RJ MacReady (played by Kurt Russell in John Carpenter’s film). That idea from Ronald D. Moore’s original draft has been jettisoned in favour of an all-new cast of characters at the ill-fated Norwegian base.

The main characters are Kate Lloyd, Sander Halvorson and Sam Carter, respectively a PhD student, an NYU microbiologist and a helicopter pilot. Support comes from Edvard Volner, the Norwegian geoscientist who discovers the crashed alien ship in the Antarctican crevasse, and his research team: Adam, Jonas, Juliette (another woman!) and Colin. Sam’s co-pilot Derek is also around. And remember, Dereks don’t run.

Given how Carpenter’s Thing begins, we might logically assume that we know how events will pan out for all the above, but hopefully there are still some surprises – and decent scares – in store. Shooting is scheduled for March, so cast details should start emerging before too long.

Edited by Synon, 14 January 2010 - 23:03.

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#11 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:24

Alec Gillis och Alan Woodruff Jr (monster/makeup FX experter som jobbat bl a med Alien filmerna) kommer att skapa den nya saken. Låter ju bra.
Mary Elizabeth Winstead (bl a Final Destination 3, Death Proof) ska spela Kate Lloyd och Joel Edgerton (bl a Star Wars II & III) ska spela Sam Carter.
Och kan lägga till att det är två manusförfattare inblandade, Eric Heisserer (A Nightmare on Elm Street,remake 2010 bl a) och Ronald D.Moore (Battlestar Galactica, Star Trek bl a). Den senare har mest erfarenhet från TV-serie manus så det är nog en fördel att han inte sitter helt själv med manuset till den här filmen. För viss skillnad är det att skriva manus till några avsnitt för en TV-serie kontra en hel film.

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#12 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:40

Joel Edgerton pratar lite om filmen i en intervju på ShockTillYouDrop.com:

It’ll be heaps better. (Laughs) What Matthijs has done I think is great, because he’s a massive fan of the original and he loves “Alien” and “The Thing.” They’re his two favorite horror movies. He’s not trying to reinvent the film. He’s certainly not trying to eclipse the film. He’s certainly not trying to remake the film. But, what he’s trying to do is tell the story “pre” that film. Whoever’s familiar with the film knows that very early on in the original the two Norwegian guys seem to have become crazy. One is blown up in a helicopter and the other one gets shot by the Americans and in order to find out why they went crazy, Kurt Russell goes in a helicopter to see and question the Norwegian base and when he gets there it’s been decimated and they find the carcass of this “Thing.” And this story tells what happened to the Norwegian base. What Universal and Matthijs are trying to do is make a partner piece to “The Thing” while also reinventing the aspect of — modern filmmaking has come a long way — so I guess they’re paying respect to the original while bringing a new time and different [approach] without throwing away what they did in the past.

Mycket lovande att läsa att regissören är ett stor fan av tidigare versioner vilket bäddar för att en katastrof kanske kan undvikas :P

#13 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 20:25

Viss likhet med Carpenters version kan skönjas... :thumbsup:

Inspelningsplatsen i Toronto.

Posted Image

Källa: /Film

#14 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 22:11

Nästan alltid så brukar man ju alltid snacka om originalet (eller i det här fallet så är det ju en prequel till..typ en remake) och dess storhet när man rebootar eller gör en prequel eller vad man nu gör med någons film. Hittils låter det här faktiskt rätt ok måste jag säga. Hoppas att den blir värd att se.
Proud member of ATNAG (Allegiance to Nolan and Goyer)
Batman Begins

2005&2008 Year of the Bat

2005 Evil feared the Knight, 2008 The Dark Knight Returns

The Dark Knight

#15 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 22:23

Jag är mest lättad att det inte handlade om en remake för jag älskar verkligen Carpenters version. En prequel kan jag ta.

#16 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 22:31

Det kunde ju ha varit en uppföljare på originalet med James Arness. :D

"I see them long hard times to come."
-Gangstagrass

last.fm | filmtipset | twitter

#17 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:49

Åh, har du sett den? The Thing from Another World? Jag vill se den. Bara tanken att få se Zeb som saken :popcorn: :lol:

#18 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 12:14

Jodå jag har sett den. Den var bra som jag minns det. Inte i klass med Carpenters film men klart sevärd.

"I see them long hard times to come."
-Gangstagrass

last.fm | filmtipset | twitter

#19 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:20

Måste bara säga att intresset har stigit för min del nu när jag sett färdigt BSG. Riktigt nyfiken på att se vad RDM knåpar ihop för spännande manus :)

En till skådis har blivit castad: Jonathan Walker (Land of the Dead, Smallville). Lägger även till ytterligare några namn som jag inte kunde se någonstans i tråden. Tror det är några skandinaver (norrmän kanske t.o.m?) som ska öka trovärdigheten kan tänkas :P Dennis Storhøi, Trond Espen Seim, Jørgen Langhelle, Eric Christian Olsen, Stig Henrik Hoff, Jan Gunnar Røise, Kristofer Hivju och Jo Adrian Haavind.

#20 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:19

Och en till har joinat de övriga: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (säg det snabbt och få en guldstjärna :P). Filmer han har varit med i tidigare är bl a G.I.Joe: Rise of the Cobra och The Mummy Returns. Och i dessa Lost-tider så är det säkert fler som känner igen denne man...

#21 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 15 June 2010 - 22:29

Premiärdatum satt till den 29 April 2011

Universal Unthawing Thing Prequel April 29, 2011

Who ain't 'fraid of no Thor?That would be Universal, it seems. ERC Box-Office says the studio is set to unleash their prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing on April 29, 2011.

You can't help but think they might be all but dumping the horror film just before the summer film season kicks off with Marvel's Thor. It's a move not unlike what Warner Brothers did this year placing their Nightmare on Elm Street reboot the week before Iron Man 2 kicked this summer in high-gear – not quality-wise judging by the films we've sat through thus far.

Matthijs van Heijningen Jr. is directing based on a script by Eric Heisserer and Ronald D. Moore (of which you can check out the plot details via Corona Coming Attractions).

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World), Joel Edgerton and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Eko from Lost) star as members of the Norwegian crew who first discovered the shape-shifting before the events of Carpenter’s 1982 masterpiece.

#22 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 22:45

Intet är som väntans tider. :P

Undrar om den kommer att få biopremiär här?

#23 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 22:44

Officiell synopsis, lyder som föjer:

""Antarctica: an extraordinary continent of awesome beauty. It is also home to an isolated outpost where a discovery full of scientific possibility becomes a mission of survival when an alien is unearthed by a crew of international scientists. The shape-shifting creature, accidentally unleashed at this marooned colony, has the ability to turn itself into a perfect replica of any living being. It can look just like you or me, but inside, it remains inhuman. In the thriller THE THING, paranoia spreads like an epidemic among a group of researchers as they’re infected, one by one, by a mystery from another planet. Paleontologist Kate Lloyd (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) has traveled to the desolate region for the expedition of her lifetime. Joining a Norwegian scientific team that has stumbled across an extraterrestrial ship buried in the ice, she discovers an organism that seems to have died in the crash eons ago. But it is about to wake up. When a simple experiment frees the alien from its frozen prison, Kate must join the crew’s pilot, Carter (Joel Edgerton), to keep it from killing them off one at a time. And in this vast, intense land, a parasite that can mimic anything it touches will pit human against human as it tries to survive and flourish.""

Källa: BD Horror News

Skönt, låter som att de är trogen Carpenters film och tar sig inga Hollywood-friheter :P

@Georgia: kan inte du lägga till premiärdatumet i underrubriken för jag glömmer jämnt bort att det faktiskt finns ett sådant :D

#24 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 01 July 2010 - 22:47

Fixat :)

#25 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 22:50

Oj, här går det undan! :lol: Tack!