Photo

Prometheus aka Alien: Prequel

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Fiskrens

Fiskrens

Social kameleont

• 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy, Familj, Rollspel, Sci-Fi, Karate, Film, Musik, Gitarrspelande i varierande ordning.

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:28

Exclusive: Tony Scott Confirms Carl Rinsch is Directing ALIEN. And it's a PREQUEL!

A few days ago, Bloody-Disgusting reported that 20th century Fox was going to remake "Alien" and director Carl Rinsch would be helming the movie. Immediately fandom exploded with venom. I think one of the main reasons is that the original is a classic, and 20th Century Fox hasn't been making films of that caliber recently.

So at today's junket for Tony Scott's new film "The Taking of Pelham 123″, I went up Tony after the press conference ended to ask him what was up with the remake.

The big news is he confirmed Carl Rinsch would be directing it and that it's a prequel to his brother Ridley's classic!

Collider: 20th Century Fox is talking about remaking or redoing the original Alien. What's going on with that?

Tony Scott: Yes, Carl Rinsch is going to do the prequel to Alien. He's one of our directors at our company.

Collider: I'm going to be blunt about this. Fox has not been doing a great job recently with their movies. They haven't been an artist friendly studio. Are you guys going to have some creative control and make this a kick-ass film?

Tony: Yes! But Fox is our home. They finace our production company.

Collider: And I'm very happy that you guys have the financing. But a lot of the films they've been doing at the studio level, they've been nickel and diming and not giving fandom what they want. So I guess my question for you is…are you a little nervous about reengaging the franchise or are you excited.

Tony: I'm excited cause Ridley created the original and Carl Rinsch is one of the family.

Collider: When do you envision this film getting in front of cameras?

Tony: Hopefully the end of the year.

Collider: Will it be a summer of 2011 movie?

Tony: Honestly, I don't know.

While I wish I could give you more info, I only had moments to talk with him. Look for more "Alien" info as I get it.

Edited by Georgia, 09 October 2011 - 19:19.

"It's only called paranoia if you can't prove it" - William Gibson

"It's more the way it is now than it's ever been" - Dwight David Eisenhower

"Typisk otur, Krydolf! När det regnar flyglar har den fattige inga noter" - Don Martin

#2 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts
  • Interests:Serier, musik, konst, teckning.

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:52

Reboots, reboots och prequels. I vissa fall är det en bra idé, och direkt nödvändigt, där får man väl räkna James Bond, Batman och Star Trek. När jag först läste om det här ryktet (på filmtipset) pratades det om en reboot, men undrar om inte folk börjar röra ihop de här begreppen. Som sades i artikeln, FOX har inte gjort ett bra jobb med sina filmer i den här genren under senare år, inte med Alien-filmerna heller. Därför har jag i alla fall tappat förtroendet för den studion på många vis, och är inte alls säker på att en Alien-prequel är något att ha. Men ska de nödvändigtvis fortsätta med den här franchisen är det kanske enda sättet att gå vidare. Som bäst ljumt intresse av grodan i alla fall.
*Hockey och superhjältar*

#3 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:13

Samma här. Kan tänka mig att se en Alien prequel med en koppling till Ridley Scott,även om brorsan verkar vara mer involverad. Om det vore en remake skulle jag troligtvis inte ens se filmen gratis på DVD.
Proud member of ATNAG (Allegiance to Nolan and Goyer)
Batman Begins

2005&2008 Year of the Bat

2005 Evil feared the Knight, 2008 The Dark Knight Returns

The Dark Knight

#4 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 30 May 2009 - 14:47

Jag håller med. Hellre en prequel än en reboot iallafall.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#5 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 10 June 2009 - 13:38

Verkar som om FOX vill ha Ridley Scott annars får det vara.

Movies - News - Fox 'not interested' in 'Alien' prequel - Digital Spy
20th Century Fox reportedly does not want to make the proposed Alien prequel unless Ridley Scott directs it.

According to Entertainment Weekly, the studio is not prepared to let first time feature filmmaker Carl Rinsch take the reins of the franchise, preferring that original director Scott take his place.

It was revealed last week that Scott, brother Tony Scott and Michael Costigan will produce the new Alien, which takes place before the events of the first film, with Rinsch in the director's chair.

Rinsch, a commercials and music video director who has worked for Scott Free Productions, is also said to be dating Ridley Scott's daughter Jordan.

Scott helmed the original Alien, considered a sci-fi/horror classic, in 1979. James Cameron, David Fincher and Jean-Pierre Jeunet have directed subsequent instalments.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#6 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 17:58

Helt rätt! :) Ridley Scott or bust.

#7 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:47

Ridley Scott verkar faktiskt regissera den här :), manus av Jon Spaihts

http://www.variety.c...egoryid=13&cs=1

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41887
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#8 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 18:25

Nu verkar den här filmen genast intressantare :)

Winter is Coming

#9 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 19:51

Som jag skrev i GR:s kommentarer: Prequel? Hell yeah!

:D
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#10 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 06 March 2010 - 16:08

Alien kommer bli i 3D och ev. en trilogi

Ridley Scott's Alien will be 3-D and—a trilogy, too? | SCI FI Wire

Ridley Scott's Alien will be 3-D and—a trilogy, too?
Posted Image

All the Alien reboot news that's slowly been coming out over the past year has been exciting, but now we're really starting to salivate.

First we learned there was going be a prequel, and that Tony and Ridley Scott would be involved, though neither would direct. Then we found out that Ridley Scott was stepping in to direct after all. And a few months ago, he let slip a few details about the plot—that the film wouldn't deal with the backstory to that giant alien ship the crew of the Nostromo discovered in his 1979 original movie.

But now it all gets even more interesting, because Roger Christian, art director for the original Alien, spilled big news over at shadowlocked: "Ridley's doing the next Alien in 3D."

And in even bigger news than that, the film may turn out to be the first of a trilogy:

Ridley told me some of his ideas when we were here in Toronto. He has a very clear understanding of where this should go. They kind of stopped dead one of the greatest horror franchises there's ever been, and it had legs to go on. So I'm hoping he'll revive another three. The world certainly wants it, and the fans want it—everybody.

Now, perhaps Christian is only speaking for himself and not Scott with his talk of a three-quel. But it does make us wonder whether the two have discussed the possibility, and whether it could be more than just idle speculation.

In any case, even if the trilogy talk is just a rumor, the 3-D sounds solid, so—can you think of any scene better suited for 3-D than an Alien chestburster? Not us!

I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#11 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 16:13

Wow. Alla Hollywoods trender just i ett? Prequel, trilogi OCH 3D? :rolleyes:

#12 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 16:17

Fantasin flödar i drömfabriken...

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#13 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 16:19

Särskilt Fox är ju kända för att vara enormt imaginativa, så jag är inte förvånad. ;)

#14 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 06 March 2010 - 16:24

Wow. Alla Hollywoods trender just i ett? Prequel, trilogi OCH 3D? :rolleyes:

:lol2:

#15 Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Senior Commodore

• Aktiv member
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 19:10

Om Alien-serien måste återupplivas så passar väl få människor bättre åt uppgiften än Scott. Men jag ser nog hellre att en man av hans talang och inflytande filmatiserar klassiska SF-romaner som The Forever War och/eller Brave New World än ägnar sin karriärs svanesångår åt att försöka blåsa liv i en gammal franchise som genom åren har misshandlats till leda. Han är trots allt 72 år och blir inte yngre.

#16 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 19:12

Jo, men visst är det så. Det bästa för Alien som franchise är med all säkerhet Ridley Scott, men det är inte nödvändigtvis det bästa för Ridley Scott.

#17 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:16

Ridley Scott säger att han kommer att plocka upp storyn med The Space Jockey. Minns ni i första filmen när Kane stöter på ett skelett av en jättevarelse i en stol? Den varelsen fick smeknamnet The Space Jockey och Ridley Scott är förvånad att ingen annan plockat upp den delen i någon av uppföljarna. Manuset är klart till den storyn. Han säger även att de två filmerna kommer att utspela sig långt innan den första filmen, dock finns ingen tidslinje än. Kan väl vara vettigt att ha lite tidsspann så man kan klämma in två filmer. :P

Källa: Collider

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#18 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 22:54

Har faktiskt tänkt på The Space Jockey (utan att veta att den ens kallades för det) och varför den aldrig fått nån uppföljning. Kan vara en intressant idé.

Winter is Coming

#19 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 22:56

Tycker också det låter som en intressant idé. Ska bli kul att se vad herr Scott hittar på för något spännande.

#20 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 14 June 2010 - 23:03

Jag håller med. Det är påtiden att The Space Jockey får en uppföljning samt att Xenomorphs ursprung presenteras.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts

#21 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:44

Och prequelen har fått en titel: (trumvirvel) Paradise! Men... visst måste det väl även finnas en koppling i titeln till Alien-filmerna? Alien: Paradise.. Hm, njae.

Noomi Rapace ryktas medverka i filmen och kommer i sådant fall att gestalta karaktären Elizabeth Shaw (huvudroll, not bad at all). Ridley Scott hoppades att Michael Fassbender skulle tacka ja till rollen som androiden David (föregångaren till Bishop), men det verkar inte bli så (fast saker och ting kan ju ändras). Som den karaktären Vickers ryktas det om Michelle Yeoh. En annan karaktär i filmen blir en CGI-tillverkad sak á la Gollum (LotR), Engineer 1. Nåväl, vad gäller castingen så borde den väl bli officiell inom en snar framtid.

Och nej, ryktet stämmer inte att den flyttats fram pga anpassning efter Leonardo diCaprios schema för att han skulle kunna medverka (vilket han nog inte kommer att göra)... Utan produktionen sägs ta sin början i mars nästa år.

Källa: Vulture

#22 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 21:00

Så det är pågång nu, härligt :thumbsup:
Men titeln? Paradise?! :blink: Märkligt indeed. Ska bli kul med Aliens på bio igen, de har inte gjorts nått vettigt med dem på sen Alien 3.

Winter is Coming

#23 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:35

Så det är pågång nu, härligt :thumbsup:
Men titeln? Paradise?! :blink: Märkligt indeed. Ska bli kul med Aliens på bio igen, de har inte gjorts nått vettigt med dem på sen Aliens 3.

Rättade lite där. :P
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts

#24 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:55

Jaha, "faktan" om titeln etc stämde inte... Titeln Paradise kan dock vara arbetsnamnet, skådespelarna som nämns kan mycket väl vara på önskelistan, men viktigast av allt: filmen har ej officiellt fått grönt ljus än. :(
Ok, alltid säkrast att vänta tills det kommer en pressrelease och inte bli så exalterad över alla rykten som florerar!

Everything you've heard about Alien in the past 48 hours is WRONG
A corporate communications spokesperson for Fox by the name of Chris Petrikin took to Fox's Twitter feed to debunk two of the biggest items put out there about the movie, saying that it is not called Paradise as reported, and that it is definitely one movie and not two.
So what do we know? Pretty much that Ridley Scott is developing a prequel to Alien, which is what we've known all along. There is a script by Damon Lindelof, there is some preproduction going on, but so far there are no delays on actual production—because the thing is still not officially even greenlit yet. Until that happens, we'll take everything else we hear with an extra-large grain of salt.

Källa: Blastr

Edited by Synon, 10 December 2010 - 08:56.

#25 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 23:34

Alien: Paradise skulle ha låtit otroligt fel. Liksom en trailer med typisk episk musik, explosioner, en text med "In the beginning" , häftiga klipp, Ridley Scotts namn visas 5-8 gånger, och på slutet av trailern så dyker Alien texten upp, följt av att med ett hårt "KLANG"-ljud flyger undertiteln "PARADISE" på duken, gärna att den paradise texten är i regnbågens alla färger. Sen tror vi att trailern är slut , men den avslutas med att hela skärmen fylls med en gigantisk text som säger "IN 3D!". Följt av ett Alien-skrik.
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight