Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 13 November 2008 - 14:19

Det verkar som om 'Welcome to the Jungle' blev en hit, så nu kommer 'Storm Front'

Dabel Brothers Publishing :: News :: Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Storm Front 5 Page Preview
Dabel Brothers Publishing is thrilled to show the five page-lettered preview for the first issue of Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files: Storm Front. The comic is written by Mark Powers and drawn by Dresden veteran, Ardian Syaf.

Storm Front is Butcher's very first Dresden Files novel, and follows Harry through the investigation of a double murder committed by the use of black magic. The Dabels promise a non-stop, and action packed story in typical Dresden fashion leaving the readers on the edge of their seats.

"As excited as we were with the art on Welcome to the Jungle, we feel like Ardian has stepped it up even more for Storm Front," says Dabel Brothers' Business Manager Rich Young. "He has really hit his stride drawing Harry and all the characters and environments from the Dresden universe with this book. We think fans will be very pleased with the translation from novel to comics here."

Be sure to get your copy at your local comic book store on November 12th before they disappear!

And while we have your attention, it would be a shame not to share some of the milestones that the Dresden Files: Welcome to the Jungle hard cover graphic novel (published by Del Rey and produced by Dabel Brothers) has passed. The Graphic Novel cracked the USA TODAY Best Seller list at number 80. The book was also listed as Number 4 for Amazon's "Customer's Choice" Top 10 of 2008 graphic novels. And it hit #3 on Book Scan for top-selling graphic novels in October. Thanks again to our fans for their support of this project…we appreciate it greatly!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Dabel Brothers Publishing :: News :: The Dresden Files: "Storm Front" Creative Team Announced
The Dabels follow up Welcome to the Jungle with adaptation of Jim Butcher's Storm Front.

Dabel Brothers Publishing announced today that Mark Powers and Ardian Syaf will be the creative team adapting Jim Butcher's Storm Front to comics. Considering the success of Harry Dresden's first comic book appearance in Jim Butcher's original story, Welcome to the Jungle, the Dabel Brothers couldn't wait to begin production on Storm Front.

"With Welcome to the Jungle, each new issue sold more than the previous one," says Dabel Brothers Vice President, Les Dabel "We've sold out of the first two issues and have already re-printed the 1st issue…I'd say that qualifies as a hit."

Storm Front is Butcher's very first Dresden Files novel, and follows Harry through the investigation of a double murder committed by the use of black magic. The Dabels promise a non-stop, and action packed story in typical Dresden fashion leaving the readers on the edge of their seats.

"Harry Dresden is one of the coolest characters to be introduced in fantasy fiction in the last ten years. Everyone knows that the Dresden Files is a bonafide publishing phenomenon, and I'm excited to have the opportunity to bring Jim Butcher's baby to comic book life," says Mark Powers. "I've been fortunate to work with a lot of talented newcomers over the course of my career, and I'm looking forward to collaborating with Ardian. We're determined to do justice to Harry and company."

After spending a decade at Marvel Comics, Mark Powers moved to Devil's Due, where he oversaw the GI Joe line of books as well as the first several volumes of the company's Dungeons and Dragons line. Nowadays, he is focused on his own writing projects, most notably Drafted.

Ardian Syaf continues to amaze everyone with his work on Welcome to the Jungle: "Drawing Welcome to The Jungle is a big jump in my career as a newcomer artist, since it's my very first published work. And its success, of course is all because of Jim, but I think my pencils have improved in every issue. I will try hard to get Storm Front to feel like the novel, because I know that is what the fans want."

"Mark Powers is very good at what he does," says Les Dabel, "and Ardian has done a terrific job bringing Harry Dresden to life in Welcome to the Jungle. I can't wait to see what they both do on Storm Front."

The first issue of Storm Front ships October 2008, available in comic book stores everywhere. Look for the Welcome to the Jungle graphic novel also coming in October from Del Rey.

About Jim Butcher
Jim Butcher, best known for The Dresden Files and The Codex Alera series, has written an original Dresden Files story for Dabel Brothers Publishing called Welcome to the Jungle, which takes place before the first Dresden Files book, Storm Front. Butcher's newest book, Small Favor, is the tenth book in the Dresden Files series and was just released on April 1st by Penguin Putnam, Inc. us.penguingroup.com/.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#2 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 10 September 2010 - 21:53

En fråga till de som har läst serierna eller vet mer om dem. Hur många nummer består Storm Front av?
Orsaken jag frågar är att på SF-Bokhandlen så finns den som 2 album: "Storm Front" och "Storm Front Vol. 2 - Maelstrom". Någon som vet hu det ligger till med det? Har Storm Front serierna delats i 2 eller?

Edited by Crusader, 10 September 2010 - 22:12.

Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#3 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 21:57

Japp, enligt min USA-grossist så är det så. Ja, eller minst två iaf, del 2 kommer i december.

Mitt pris (inklusive frakt):

The Dresden Files Storm Front, Volume One: The Gathering Storm 171 :-
Jim Butcher's the Dresden Files: Storm Front Volume 2 - Maelstrom 186 :-

//Peak
* Sci-Fi Nytt * Sci-Fi Nytts Forum

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

#4 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 10 September 2010 - 22:15

OK, tack. :) Jag ska köpa dem sedan när jag har läst ut boken samt "Welcome to the Jungle". Men då väntar jag tills alla 3 finns. :P
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts

#5 Magnus

Magnus

Fleet Captain

• Aktiv member
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 17:23

Ifall jag kommer ihåg rätt så har det sagts att det kommer vara ca 12-16 nummer för varje dresden bok, så jag skulle nog räkna med minst 3 volymer, eftersom jag tror varje volym innehåller 4 nummer.

#6 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 00:17

Ifall jag kommer ihåg rätt så har det sagts att det kommer vara ca 12-16 nummer för varje dresden bok, så jag skulle nog räkna med minst 3 volymer, eftersom jag tror varje volym innehåller 4 nummer.

Enligt SF-Bokhandlen så är det bara 2 Volymer. :)
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts

#7 Magnus

Magnus

Fleet Captain

• Aktiv member
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:23

Ok, vi får hoppas det är så :) Så att inte alltför mycket pengar försvinner sedan. :P

#8 Magnus

Magnus

Fleet Captain

• Aktiv member
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 21:32

Vol 2 har kommit ut i U.S.A nu, så förhoppningsvis kommer den till Sverige snart om den inte redan kommit.

#9 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 21:39

Japp, det plingade till från min grossist idag att den är på g.

//Peak
* Sci-Fi Nytt * Sci-Fi Nytts Forum

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

#10 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 03 February 2011 - 21:59

Ingen som läst rollspelet än då? :P
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#11 Magnus

Magnus

Fleet Captain

• Aktiv member
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 22:07

Ingen som läst rollspelet än då? :P

Inte än, men jag har funderat på att köpa det, bara för att göra min samling av TDF-material komplett*(om man bortser från att jag inte har alla ljudböcker)

*Även om det vore kul att testa att spela det någon gång.

Edited by Magnus, 03 February 2011 - 22:11.

#12 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:50

Spelet verkar rätt intressant i sig och ha en del häftiga inslag som andra spel saknar. Jag har inte köpt det, men jag får säga att det faktiskt känns lockande. :)
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«