Photo

Children of the Corn - Remake (Stephen King)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 16 September 2008 - 18:54

'Children of the Corn' Harvests 'Heroes,' 'BSG' Stars - David Anders and Kandyse McClure are heading to the Sci Fi Channel - Zap2it

Some brave actors have signed on to venture into Nebraska's cornfields once again.

"Heroes" actor David Anders and "Battlestar Galactica's" Kandyse McClure will star in Sci Fi Channel's remake of Stephen King's "Children of the Corn," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

They'll star as Burt and Vicky, respectively, the couple who drives through a rural community in which adults are sacrificed to a demonic cult. Joining them in the creepy shenanigans are Preston Baily, who plays the boy preacher Isaac, and Daniel Newman, as the right-hand man Malachai.

The two-hour telepic is shooting around Davenport, Iowa, to air sometime in 2009.

"Children of the Corn" was originally one of King's short stories that was later compiled in the anthology "Night Shift." The 1984 film based on the story starred Peter Horton and Linda Hamilton. Many sequels have followed.

Anders is best known for playing Sark on "Alias" and as Takezo Kensei/Adam Monroe on "Heroes." McClure is Lt. Anastasia Dualla on "Battlestar Galactica."

Edited by Garm, 04 March 2016 - 19:45.
Tillägg av tagg. Korrigering av trådtitel.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#2 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 16 September 2008 - 19:16

Jag är positiv. Children of the Corn-filmerna lider av dåliga effekter, dåliga manus och så vidare. Jag ser fram emot det här! :)
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#3 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:51

SCI FI Wire: Children of the Corn's hot Kandyse McClure will make you forget Dualla
Battlestar Galactica's Kandyse McClure (Dualla) may have wrapped that series, but she returns to SCI FI Channel as the leading lady in the upcoming original movie Children of the Corn.

A remake/re-imagining of the original film, which was based on the Stephen King novel, Children of the Corn stars McClure as Vicky and David Anders (Heroes) as Burt, a couple at a marital crossroads who wind up driving into the middle of nowhere, only to encounter some deeply strange and deadly kids out there among the corn rows.

The movie, written and directed by Donald P. Borchers (who produced the original film), will premiere later this year on SCI FI. SCI FI Wire recently spoke with McClure about the project, and the following are edited excerpts from that exclusive interview.

/.../

I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#4 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 13 August 2009 - 20:55

BD Horror News - 'Children of the Corn' TV Remake Gets DVD Date

Arriving on DVD October 6th from Anchor Bay/Starz is the TV remake of Children of the Corn, which premieres on Syfy Saturday, September 26 at 9pm. Former Vietnam vet BURT's marriage to VICKY is on the rocks, but Burt hopes to rekindle their old flame with a second honeymoon driving trip. Unfortunately, their journey takes them into the heart of darkness -- a seemingly deserted rural community that conceals a grim secret among its rows of tall corn...

#5 Lilja

Lilja

Commander

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:03

Här är DVD omslaget.

Posted Image