20 replies to this topic

#1 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 16:04

Buffy won't be back for Angel finale
Posted on Fri, 26-Mar-2004

Its official – Sarah Michelle Gellar will not be reprising her role as Buffy for the series finale of “Angel”.

TVGuide.com reports today that Gellar won’t be in any of the season ending episodes. She was asked to pop up in the second last episode of the season – not the finale – and at that time was working on “The Grudge” in Tokyo, so couldn’t do it. She was available to do the season finale however, but Joss Whedon decided against it, because he didn’t want Angel’s bon voyage to "revolve around a guest star," he says simply. "We will deal with the issue of Buffy and how much she means to Angel and Spike, but I want to end the show with the people who’ve been in the trenches together, the characters who have lived - and occasionally died - together... the regulars."

Whedon’s Angel partner, Jeffrey Bell, adds that the idea of building the finale around the long-running Angel/Buffy/Spike love triangle "seemed to undermine the bigger picture. [So Gellar was left off the roster]in the same way that David Boreanaz wasn’t involved in the series finale of Buffy." (Boreanaz did, however, appear in Buffy’s penultimate episode.)

Apparently by the time Gellar said she could do the season finale, it was too late anyway. "We had already written and shot the episode [for which we originally wanted her] which emotionally dealt with [the romantic rivalry]," Bell says. "So, to go [back] and force her into the very last episode to retread stuff that we already dealt with didn’t make any sense. "By the time it became a possibility," he goes on, "the ship had sort of sailed."

So what will happen? "Angel and Spike arrive at an understanding - that’s all I’ll say about that," Bell teases. "And without her being involved, Buffy’s character has come to some sort of understanding, too." And, "We’re gonna get to the bottom of why we’ve been in Wolfman & Hart this whole time and what we’re gonna do about it," hints Bell. And, though he refuses to drop any clues as to who will be "left standing at the end," he does promise this: "It’s gonna be big!"

Meantime, Whedonesque and Variety are reporting that Sarah Michelle might be doing a musical soon. Writer-director Richard Kelly, who made his feature debut with indie pic "Donnie Darko," has written and will direct the comedy-musical thriller "Southland Tales" for Cherry Road Films. The film, which takes place in 2008 during a three-day Los Angeles heat wave leading up to a massive July 4 holiday celebration, looks set to star Seann William Scott. Gellar, Jason Lee, Janeane Garofalo, Tim Blake Nelson, Amy Poehler, Kevin Smith and Ali Larter are also in negotiations to join the cast.

The filmmakers are in discussions with Moby to contribute new music to the pic.

"This will only be a musical in a post-modern sense of the word in that it is a hybrid of several genres," said Kelly. "There will be some dancing and singing, but it will be incorporated into the story in very logical scenarios as well as fantasy dream environments."

Source Moviehole

Vet inte om jag egentligen är så ledsen för det. Vill inte ha att hon skal rampljuset från David ;)

Xena doesn't just have a warcry. She made war cry. Just ask Ares

For Xena, death is never permanent. Its just a slight set back and always part of her plan.

If you're going through hell, keep going.Winston Churchill

Combat Information Center

Min avatar samling

#2 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 16:07

Jo, jag läste det där. För mig spelar det ingen större roll egentligen, så för mig kvittar det... :)

*hoppas fortfarande på att säsong 6 av Angel skall inträffa*

//Peak
* Sci-Fi Nytt * Sci-Fi Nytts Forum

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

#3 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 16:08

Det hoppas jag med , i USA kämpar de ju helt vildt för at ha kvar Angel , hoppas det gir resultat :blink:

For Xena, death is never permanent. Its just a slight set back and always part of her plan.

Min avatar samling

#4 Mindphazer

Mindphazer

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • Interests:HardCore Sience Fiction!

Posted 26 March 2004 - 19:39

Någon som vet om proteststormar från fansen verkligen gett resultat någon gång? Jag menar, tv-bolagen borde ju göra allt annat än att lyssna på fansen...Där har dom ju redan givna tittare...Det gäller att få nya att komma till..

#5 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 21:05

Farscape fans har ju i alla fall fåt lite respons i form av en mini serie om den kommer nån gång :rolleyes:

Min avatar samling

#6 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 26 March 2004 - 21:12

Är också glad över att hon inte kommer tillbaka och förstör slutet av angel :P
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#7 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 21:15

ja faktisk , hon hör inte till där anyway ;)

Min avatar samling

#8 Mindphazer

Mindphazer

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 21:22

Ursäkta en oinvigd, men har det gjorts någon "crossover" mellan serierna sedan Angel drogs igång?

#9 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 21:26

ja båda Angel och Buffy har besökt varandra :D

och det var ok tyckte jag . men just I serie finalen tyckar inte jag andra än de reguläre hör till :)

Min avatar samling

#10 Mindphazer

Mindphazer

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 21:29

F Ö är väl SMG upptagen med sin filmkarriär annars...

#11 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 21:31

Ju med The Grudge just nu om inte hon är färdig med den ?

Min avatar samling

#12 Mindphazer

Mindphazer

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 21:33

Hon skall göra Romantic Commedy nu. (Jo, den heter faktiskt så...) Så det kanske är möjligt att inspelningsdatum krockar med Angel.

#13 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 14:37

Som det stod ovan - The Grudge spelades fortfarande in då nästsista avsnittet spelades in. Då hon blev ledig var dock det färdigt redan så då blev det lite sent att ha med henne där. Alternativet blev då säsongsfinalen, men där var hon intressant för.

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#14 voddo

voddo

Cadet Second Year

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 00:36

Är knappast förvånad. Bra att Joss inte lät allt vara på SMG's villkor för en gångs skull.

#15 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 12:05

*applåder*

#16 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:39

Mera info

Will Sarah return to Angel after all?
Posted on Tue, 30-Mar-2004

“Sarah will Return”. Those are words uttered by Kristin over at E Online today, regarding SMG’s no-show for the “Angel” finale.

Here’s the guts :

From milesfrom730: Why isn't Sarah Michelle Gellar coming back?
Make sure you read the TV Guide Online article if you haven't. (Registration required, sorry.) Joss weighs in there. I'm told by a source, however, that it was somewhat of a "pissing match" between Whedon and Gellar. She apparently wanted the big guns, the finale (something I think we all wanted as well), and he wanted to keep her in the second-to-last episode so as to keep the spotlight on Angel. She no likey, so she no worky. We will get an update on Buffy...We'll see her from afar, in a crowd in episode 20, and find out what she's been up to. That said, I have this gnawing gut feeling that this could be the mother of all spoiler counteroffensives, and Sarah will return.

From txvoodoo: Some of us are glad SMG isn't coming back. The show doesn't need her--it stands on its own!
Well, how very adult of you. (Sticks out tongue with fingers in ears.)

From xeneri: Is there any word on whether other Buffy castmembers might appear in the Angel finale?
They had tried for Alyson Hannigan and Michelle Trachtenberg, but it doesn't look likely because Alyson is working on a play in London, and Michelle is working on an ice-skating film which requires a lot of training, not to mention doing several episodes of Six Feet Under.

From chloe1292: I have to ask, is there any news on whether or not all of our Angel efforts are making a diff?
Oh, how I wish I had some good news for you! I personally haven't heard of any progress with the higher-ups at WB, UPN or Fox. But I continue to be amazed at how massive this campaign has become. Just this morning, I saw the big "Save Angel" billboard truck drive by E! Online, and it brought a little tear to my eye.

Min avatar samling

#17 Mindphazer

Mindphazer

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:15

Nå, men då är det bekräftat allstå? Säkert till fansens stora förtret...

#18 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 15:07

jag antar det . man vet ju aldrig :blink:

Min avatar samling

#19 Mara Jade

Mara Jade

Senior Commodore

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 22:29

Faktum är att jag tror det blir bättre slut utan Buffy, annars lär det bara bli en massa jävligt upprörda fan när beslutet om vilken vampyr hon väljer utav Angel & Spike kommer...och jag orkar inte höra år efter att hon valde fel...or whatever..
Vad lyssnar och ser jag på?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Livet innebär naturligtvis många problem. Några av dom mest populära är. Varför föds vi? Varför dör vi? Varför använder vi så stor del av den mellanliggande tiden till att titta i skyltfönster? ~ Liftarens Guide till Galaxen

#20 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 07:55

Click For Spoiler

#21 Mara Jade

Mara Jade

Senior Commodore

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:32

Jaha, det ante mig...
Vad lyssnar och ser jag på?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Livet innebär naturligtvis många problem. Några av dom mest populära är. Varför föds vi? Varför dör vi? Varför använder vi så stor del av den mellanliggande tiden till att titta i skyltfönster? ~ Liftarens Guide till Galaxen