• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 14:14

Nåt emot att jag stjäl nyheten (och länkar till dig?)...

//Peak
* Sci-Fi Nytt * Sci-Fi Nytts Forum

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

#27 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 12 November 2009 - 14:36

Låter intressant att det kommer en till bok i Dark Tower serien :thumbsup:

Edited by Georgia, 12 November 2009 - 14:37.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#28 Lilja

Lilja

Commander

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 15:00

Stjäl på du Peak :-)

Lilja

#29 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 12 November 2009 - 23:32

Postar den här artikeln här så länge.

Stephen King News Pile-Up: Under the Dome to HBO, More Dark Tower, Cell Screenplay By King and More | /Film

While signing copies of his new novel Under the Dome in a Dundalk, Maryland Walmart last night, Stephen King also took part in a decent-length, rapid-fire Q&A that has already been posted to YouTube. You can see the whole thing below the break, or leave it up to me to tell you which bits and pieces I found the most interesting.

• King says early on in the clip that he "thinks" Under the Dome is "actually" going to be a HBO series. There's no more info than that, and none more out there so far, but watch this space.
  • When asked if he'd continue the Dark Tower saga, King says that he has one more book to write and it will come between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla. Don't forget that we only just reported how JJ Abrams has stepped away from the proposed Dark Tower movie.
  • King promises that his upcoming American Vampire comic series "aint much like Twilight".
  • There are no plans for an adaptation for King's Insomnia.
  • King has himself just finished a screenplay for Cell so "maybe", he says, "it will be done. And I got so many complaints about the end of the book that I changed everything". Back in the Summer, we reported than John Harrison was writing a version of Cell for a TV miniseries and it's both possible that King has co-written with him or simply superceded him. I'm still mourning the scrapped Eli Roth version.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xl6ACmJtH0"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9xl6ACmJtH0[/url]

I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#30 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:36

Härligt, mera Dark Tower :P

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#31 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 14:58

Det här låter ju lite intressant.

dreadcentral.com - Stephen King: A Shining Sequel on the Way?

Following a 15-minute reading of King's latest book, Under the Dome, legendary director David Cronenberg hosted a special Q&A with the author who revealed to the audience that he plans on writing a sequel to The Shining entitled Doctor Sleep.

From the Toronto IST.

"King dropped a fan bombshell on the crowd by casually describing a novel idea he began working on last summer. Seems King was wondering whatever happened to Danny Torrance of The Shining, who when readers last saw him was recovering from his ordeal at the Overlook Hotel at a resort in Maine with fellow survivors Wendy Torrance and chef Dick Halloran (who dies in the Kubrick film version).

King remarked that though he ended his 1977 novel on a positive note, the Overlook was bound to have left young Danny with a lifetime’s worth of emotional scars. What Danny made of those traumatic experiences, and with the psychic powers that saved him from his father at the Overlook, is a question that King believes might make a damn fine sequel.

So what would a sequel to one of King’s most beloved novels look like? In King’s still tentative plan for the novel, Danny is now 40 years old and living in upstate New York, where he works as the equivalent of an orderly at a hospice for the terminally ill. Danny’s real job is to visit with patients who are just about to pass on to the other side, and to help them make that journey with the aid of his mysterious powers. Danny also has a sideline in betting on the horses, a trick he learned from his buddy Dick Hallorann.

The title for King’s proposed sequel? Doctor Sleep."

#32 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 15:15

Tackar inte nej till det ;)

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#33 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:07

King ska visst göra ett gästspel i serien Anarchy

Stephen King Joins ANARCHY - Mania.com

King lands a role on one of his favorite shows.

Best-selling pop author Stephen King has made numerous references to his youthful biking days. Naturally, when the creators of "Sons of Anarchy" found out he was a huge fan of their FX series, a part was set aside and King has taken it. Entertainment Weekly reports King will play a loner who comes to the aid of Gemma (Katey Sagal).

The show has been picked up for the third season after it garnered about 4.33 million viewers on the season 2 finale, with the network ordering a full 13-episode season. Creator/executive producer Kurt Sutter reached a deal on a two-year extension to continue his services as showrunner/writer and the full cast are in place to return with the premiere slated for September this year.

#34 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 21:34

King har nu meddelat att det bli ytterligare en Dark Tower bok. Arbetstiteln är The Wind Through the Keyhole och så här skriver jag själv på min egen sida (alltid kul att citera sig själv ;) ):

King stated he will write another Dark Tower novel. It will center around supporting characters and revolve around some important events between Wizard and Glass and Wolves of the Calla.

Lilja

Japp, och 2012 beräknas den finnas ute. Kings egna ord:

Dear Constant Readers,

At some point, while worrying over the copyedited manuscript of the next book (11/22/63, out November 8th), I started thinking—and dreaming—about Mid-World again. The major story of Roland and his ka-tet was told, but I realized there was at least one hole in the narrative progression: what happened to Roland, Jake, Eddie, Susannah, and Oy between the time they leave the Emerald City (the end of Wizard and Glass) and the time we pick them up again, on the outskirts of Calla Bryn Sturgis (the beginning of Wolves of the Calla)?

There was a storm, I decided. One of sudden and vicious intensity. The kind to which billy-bumblers like Oy are particularly susceptible. Little by little, a story began to take shape. I saw a line of riders, one of them Roland’s old mate, Jamie DeCurry, emerging from clouds of alkali dust thrown by a high wind. I saw a severed head on a fencepost. I saw a swamp full of dangers and terrors. I saw just enough to want to see the rest. Long story short, I went back to visit an-tet with my friends for awhile. The result is a novel called The Wind Through the Keyhole. It’s finished, and I expect it will be published next year.

It won’t tell you much that’s new about Roland and his friends, but there’s a lot none of us knew about Mid-World, both past and present. The novel is shorter than DT 2-7, but quite a bit longer than the first volume—call this one DT-4.5. It’s not going to change anybody’s life, but God, I had fun.

-- Steve King

Källa: stephenking.com

#35 Den Gröne Hämnaren

Den Gröne Hämnaren

l'Empereur des Lumières

• 2,579 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 13:12

"Under the dome" utspelar sig i en liten stad i amerikanska Maine, som en dag isoleras av en osynlig kupol i skyn.

Vad synd att Matt Groening hann tjuvkika över hans axel och göra Simpsons the Movie först :P

Va fan! Den här idén hade jag ju redan arbetat ut för att skriva om... Crap. :(

Jo, visst är det alltid irriterande när det visar sig att någon annan redan gjort det man tänker göra. Fast vi har väl konstaterat tidigare att det mesta redan har gjorts flera gånger i en och annan form, så man kommer aldrig riktigt undan vad man än vill berätta. Och den här idén är väl inte King heller först om. En liknande kupol finns till exempel i Girls av bröderna Luna. Och jag skulle inte gissa att de var först heller.