Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:02

Det här kan bli intressant att följa utvecklingen av. smile.gif

The Hollywood Reporter - Stephen King's It heads to theaters

March 12, 2009.

Dave Kajganich is adapting 1986 horror novel.

Warner Bros. is bringing Stephen King's landmark horror novel It to the big screen in an adaptation being produced by Lin Pictures and Vertigo Entertainment.

Dave Kajganich has been hired pen the script, which follows a group of kids called the Losers Club that encounter a creature called It, which preys on children and whose favorite form is that of a sadistic clown called Pennywise. When the creature resurfaces, the kids are called upon to regroup again, this time as adults, even though they have no memory of the first battle.

The novel is set in 1958 and 1985, though the feature version will be set in the present day.

It was the best-selling book of 1986 and in 1990 was turned into an ABC miniseries that starred John Ritter, Harry Anderson, Tim Reid, Annette O'Toole and Richard Thomas. Tim Curry played Pennywise.

The screen rights have bounced around town since then, and at one time landing at the WB and again at Sci Fi.

Kajganich, repped by UTA and Madhouse Entertainment, has stealthily made a name for himself with his dark materials, writing The Invasion for Warners and snagging gigs such as the Pet Semetary remake among others. He was recently tapped to write New Line's Escape From New York remake and is adapting True Story for Plan B and Paramount Vantage. The latter is a mystery drama.

Greg Silverman and Niija Kuykendall are overseeing for Warners.

Edited by Garm, 04 March 2016 - 19:51.
Tillägg av tagg. Korrigering av trådtitel.

#2 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 13 March 2009 - 13:38

Intressant.

Mini-serien var väl helt OK, var väl något som fick en att höja på ögonbrynet lite grann, men det är ett bra tag sen jag såg den så jag minns inte riktigt.
Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#3 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 13:43

Mja. Film, vad jag förstår? Till och med miniserien var 1000 gånger för kort för att göra boken rättvis, så jag vet inte riktigt hur det skulle kunna göra en film på boken. Det är ju trots allt (fortfarande, tror jag?) Kings näst längsta bok...

//Peak
* Sci-Fi Nytt * Sci-Fi Nytts Forum

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

#4 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 13:52

Jag tolkar det som film "to the big screen". Sedan vet man ju inte om det kan ändras under tiden eller om det kan bli mer än en film. Jag tycker att miniserien är helt okej, kanske inte lika bra nu som när den kom. Men jag tycker det känns lockande att se vad dom kan göra av det här. Vågar man hoppas på att Frank Darabont står för regi? Han är ju tveklöst den som lyckats bäst med att föra Stephen King till den vita duken. :)

#5 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 14:30

Problemet med miniserien och (nu då filmen) är att boken är på tok för komplicerad och lång för att göra nåt annat än.. kanske.. en TV-serie på 22 avsnitt eller så...

//Peak

sixty six."

#6 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:14

Får se hur detta blir. En film kanske kan fungera om den är lång samt att man tagit bort sådant som inte är nödvändigt för att berätta handlingen.

http://www.dreadcent...-remake-rated-r

Heard from Dave Kajganich, the writer of the upcoming theatrical remake of Stephen King's IT, recently, and he was kind enough to give us an update on how this massive story is being streamlined into one film.

"The remake will be set in the mid-1980s and in the present almost equally -- mirroring the twenty-odd-year gap King uses in the book -- and with a *great* deal of care and attention paid to the backstories of all the characters," says Kajganich.

"I think the real twist here is that my pitch to WB -- which they've assured me they're on board for -- is that this will not be PG-13. This will be R. Which means we can really honor the book and engage with the traumas (both the paranormal ones and those they deal with at home and school) that these character endure."

"I plan to be very protective of the book," Kajganich continues. "The reality, though, is that WB wants to do this as a single film, so I will have to kill a few darlings to make that happen. You have my promise, though, that I will do this with the utmost humility and respect for King's work. He's the King, after all, and I intend to continue to pledge to him my allegiance."

Dave has also assured us that even though what happens to the script is out of his control once he turns it in, the producers are top notch and willing to go to bat to bring the above to fruition.

#7 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 21:59

Ser fram emot den med skräckblandad förtjusning :unsure:

Älskar boken och gillade faktiskt miniserien där Tim Curry var ganska obehaglig som Pennywise *burr*

Intressant att se vad de hittar på!

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#8 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 21 August 2009 - 22:03

Personligen hade jag hellre sett en ny längre miniserie som tar med mer från boken än en film som klipper bort mer.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#9 Fiskrens

Fiskrens

Social kameleont

• 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy, Familj, Rollspel, Sci-Fi, Karate, Film, Musik, Gitarrspelande i varierande ordning.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:54

Personligen hade jag hellre sett en ny längre miniserie som tar med mer från boken än en film som klipper bort mer.

Hoppas du inte menar vad som hände med The Shining? :ph34r:
"It's only called paranoia if you can't prove it" - William Gibson

"It's more the way it is now than it's ever been" - Dwight David Eisenhower

"Typisk otur, Krydolf! När det regnar flyglar har den fattige inga noter" - Don Martin

#10 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 17:51

Nya miniserien av Shining gillar jag bättre än gamla Kubrik-filmen.. :P

Satt jämt och irriterade mig på alla skillnader mellan bok och film när det gäller gamla Shining, tyvärr.

Alla säger att den är så bra, och jag sitter bara och "sådär var det inte i boken, och varför gjorde de på det där viset..."

Miniserien följer boken mycket bättre.

//Peak

sixty six."

#11 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 22 August 2009 - 18:07

Jag håller med Peak. Filmen var en bra skräckfilm men som version av boken så var den värdelös. Där är Miniserien som Stephen King själv gjorde mycket bättre.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#12 dukeofnewyork

dukeofnewyork

Fleet Captain

• Aktiv member
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 19:02

Det må vara sant att Kubrick knappast gjorde någon bra filmatisering av Kings bok, vilket knappast var hans intention, men han gjorde en sjuhelvetes bra film som i mitt tycke var en bättre film än boken var som bok. Ärligt talat har jag lite bry av boken, men älskar filmen och skulle aldrig få för mig att jämföra dem. Det är två olika medium och två helt olika konstnärliga projekt på två helt olika nivåer. Och i mitt tycke är filmen ett par-tre nivåer vassare konstnärligt sett.

Att sedan King upplevde att hans historia blev kidnappad och förvandlad till oigenkännlighet har jag förståelse för men skiter egentligen i det när jag ser filmen.

Som en vis kvinna (XC) har sagt: skit i förlagorna och njut av filmerna istället.

(Vilket med förlov sagt är lättare sagt än gjort ibland.)
"I mean, violence is a big problem in our society today and I will not support it. That is the primary reason why I won't do anal. " – Krysta Now, Southland Tales

"Ingen magi, ingen profil, ingen stil, bara tjong i tvättbrädan och morr i mustaschen. " – Göran Sommardal om Xmen Origins: Wolverine (Kulturnytt 20090430)

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum." – Arthur C. Clarke

---

--- | filmtipset | ---

#13 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 15:21

Jag håller med. Skit i förlagan. Jag har gör det - jag har inte ens läst boken. Problemet var dock: jag kunde inte njuta av filmen. Den kändes inte särskilt skrämmande - jag blir mer uppjagad av en standard skräckslasher. Filmen känns mer seg än gastkramande för mig. Jag har inte sett remaken, men jag är rätt säker på att jag skulle hålla med majoriteten hittills i den här tråden: den är bättre.

I alla fall, jag ser fram emot en nyfilmatisering. Grejen är att It var bra, men när jag såg om den i dag märks den att den är daterad. Tyvärr. Samma med Pestens tid. De är fortfarande helt okej, men inte samma mästerverk man minns dem som.
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#14 Supertreck

Supertreck

Senior Commodore

• Aktiv member
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 19:28

Har man inte läst boken. Så kan jag ju inte få uppfattning att något saknas eller gå miste om något.
Det finns ju många filmer som inte följer så exakt efter boken.

Det här är ju film. En bok är alldeles för sofistikerad att göra om så exakt till film. Alltid är det saker och ting som inte kommer med.
I en bok så beskrivs det så mycket i detaljer. Beskrivningar som bara beskriver alla möjliga synintryck och stämningen omkring.

Ni som läser böcker. Har ni läst också läst Star Trek-böcker och hur mycket stämmer det överens med tv-serien?

Edited by Supertreck, 23 August 2009 - 20:00.

#15 Fiskrens

Fiskrens

Social kameleont

• 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy, Familj, Rollspel, Sci-Fi, Karate, Film, Musik, Gitarrspelande i varierande ordning.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 20:36

Jag tycker filmen är jäkligt bra. Miniserien försökte kopiera boken in till varenda mening kändes det som, och det gjorde den seeeeg i mitt tycke. SÅnt ska man akta sig för, och det är det jag är orolig för att det kommer göra med Det.
"It's only called paranoia if you can't prove it" - William Gibson

"It's more the way it is now than it's ever been" - Dwight David Eisenhower

"Typisk otur, Krydolf! När det regnar flyglar har den fattige inga noter" - Don Martin

#16 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 01 July 2010 - 19:32

Ett par månader senare
AHA! Intervjun kommer från Lilja :D
Här är en länk till hela intervjun: Intervju med David Kajganich @ Lilja's Library - The World of Stephen King [1996 - 2010]

Screenwriter Gives Update on Big Screen Adaptation of Stephen King's It | /Film

Posted Image

In early 2009, it was announced that Warner Bros was developing a big screen adaptation of Stephen King's novel IT. They hired screenwriter Dave Kajganich , who wrote the initial drafts of The Invasion, to pen the screenplay adaptation. We haven't heard much about the project since. But now we have an update, after the jump.

When I was younger, I read a lot of Stephen King books. Over the years, Hollywood has turned a lot of King's library of work into crappy horror adaptations — The Shining and Carrie might be the two exceptions. For a writer known primarily as a horror novelist, it's surprising that the movie adaptations of his non-horror stories, like Green Mile, Stand By Me and The Shawshank Redemption, are probably better known, and definitely more revered. But if you asked me when I was 11-years old, what my favorite Stephen King movie was, I would quickly tell you — the 1990 television miniseries adaptation of It. It scared me, kept me up, and I loved it. I remember rewatching the VHS copy that I had recorded off of cable, over and over again.

My biggest concern of a big screen adaptation is that I'm not sure that the property could be cut down to fit into the standard 90 or 100-minute movie. The paperback is 1,104 pages, and the miniseries clocked in at 192 minutes (over 3 hours). And if the idea of a 100 minute movie worries me. I haven't seen It in years, and I'm sure its one of those films that doesn't live up to my childhood memories. Could It benefit from a redo? Probably. But as a 120-minute feature film?

Screenwriter Dave Kajganich talked recently to the Stephen King fansite Lilja's Library, providing an update on the big screen adaptation. Here is an excerpt:

When I heard Warner Bros. was going to give the novel a go theatrically, I went after the job hard. I knew the studio was committed to adapting IT as a single film, so I went back and reread the novel to see if I thought this was even possible, and to try to find a structure that would accommodate such a large number of characters in two different time periods, around 120 pages, which was another of the studio's stipulations. Had I not worked with the producers before, I might have been more tentative about trying to pull off such a massive undertaking, but I'd worked with Dan Lin, Roy Lee, and Doug Davison on our original version of The Invasion, and I knew they would fight for good storytelling, and would also give me the time I needed to work out a solid first draft, which they did. They really went to bat for that. We've done some tinkering with it and I am just about to turn that draft in to the studio, so we'll soon know a lot more. In all of my talks with the studio, it has only ever been discussed as a single feature film. The book's length is clearly more suited to a mini-series—and I understand very well why they went that route the last time around—but I think the book's content is really more appropriate for cinema. I told the studio from the beginning that I felt I needed to be able to write for an R rating, since I wanted to be as candid as the novel about the terrible things the characters go through as kids. They agreed and off I went. … I think the biggest difference [between the big screen adaptation and the miniseries] is that we're working with about two-thirds the onscreen time they had for the miniseries. That sounds dire, I know, but it doesn't necessarily mean two-thirds the amount of story. I'm finding as many ways as I can to make certain scenes redundant by deepening and doubling others. To me, this is an interesting process because it has the effect of thematically intensifying the whole, but it can lead to dramatic surprises. Certain scenes I thought would be crucial to the coherence of the whole ended up cut, while other scenes, which were somewhat cursory in the book, ended up being pivotal in the script. I know I'm being vague, but there's not a lot I can tell you at this point about the specifics, since we're still very much in development on it. I'll just say for now that we're really swinging for the fences.

And while Kajganich doesn't know if or when the project will go into production, he says that he's "been told the project is a priority for Warner Bros. and the plan is to go big with it, so I assume it will be as soon as possible." Read the whole interview which features much more discussion on the topic, on Lilja's Library.

The official book description follows: "They were just kids when they stumbled upon the hidden horror of their hometown. Now, as adults, none of them can withstand the force that has drawn them all back to Derry, Maine, to face the nightmare without end, and the evil without a name." The book is availabe for around $9 on Amazon.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#17 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 21:53

Cary Fukunaga ska regissera filmen (eller filmerna då den ska bli uppdelad i två) och skriver manuset tillsammans med Chase Palmer.

http://www.hollywood...apted-by-334899

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#18 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 20:40

Jag är fortfaranade jätteskeptisk över om det går att göra något vettigt av boken ens med två filmer. Den är lång och komplicerad, och till skillnad från andra långa böcker så är det inte speciellt många transportsträckor där just ingenting händer.

//Peak

sixty six."

#19 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:35

Just nu är det aktuellt för Cary Fukunaga (Sin Nombre, Jane Eyre) att regissera filmen. Han skriver filmens manus tillsammans med Chase Palmer.