• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:07

Den smått legendariska saxofonisten från E Street Band fick en stroke för en vecka sedan vilket han aldrig återhämtade sig ifrån. Igår gick han bort, 69 år gammal.

Bruce Springsteens uttalande om sin vän och tillika bandmedlem sedan 1972:

“Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly forty years. He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band.”

R.I.P.

Edited by Garm, 16 March 2016 - 00:08.

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#2 Walker

Walker

Rear Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 20:26

Trist, inte många saxofonister man känner till men Clemons tillhör dom. Han var självklart del Springsteens framgång.
Förvånad att han var närmare 70, han hade inte riktigt den gubbiga imagen.

En av dom få låtar Clemons "sjunger" och givetvis spelar sax. Usel bildkvalitet men vadå..

Edited by Walker, 19 June 2011 - 20:30.