• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#101 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 23:23

Kul att det äntligen är 100% klart att den blir av nu, man blir ju alltid lite orolig när det dröjer.

Winter is Coming

#102 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 09 January 2010 - 15:40

Carol Ferris kommer att spelas av Blake Lively enligt rapporterna på nätet.

Blake Lively Cast as Green Lantern's Leading Lady | /Film

The search for an actor to play Green Lantern famously came down to a few big names: Ryan Reynolds, who got the job, as well as Justin Timberlake and Bradley Cooper. Trades are now saying that the hunt for a leading lady has been down to a few names as well, which is exactly as you'd expect it to be. There's always a shortlist; no tentpole film gets made with a couple of names just picked out of the sky.

Current info says that the shortlist for Green Lantern's primary female character Carol Ferris — an aerospace company exec and the woman who hires test pilot Hal Jordan, who becomes Green Lantern — included Keri Russell, Jennifer Garner and Blake Lively. The gig has gone to Lively, and she'll prep to shoot the film in March in Louisiana.

This is pretty surprising. Lively has done well on Gossip Girl, but at 22 is rather young. THR says that, as written, Lively's role is more appropriate for an older actress, but that Lively impressed everyone with both her audition and work in Ben Affleck's new film The Town, now in post-production.

Her character is described by the trade as a woman who "who runs her father's aerospace company and hires cocky test pilot Hal Jordan (Reynolds), who later becomes the intergalactic policeman Green Lantern. In the comics, the romance became complicated when an alien race bestowed her the power of a crystal called the Star Sapphire." Most female leads in films based on male comic book characters don't get powers of their own, so Lively could have a more interesting job than most.

We don't know her exact character trajectory in the film, however. The script by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green has been kept generally under wraps, though THR reports that Michael Goldenberg is doing a rewrite now.

As the trade says the next big roles to cast are those of "the alien known as Sinestro" and Dr. Hector Hammond. Jackie Earle Haley has been rumored for Sinestro, who eventually becomes one of Green Lantern's biggest antagonists. Hammond was described in the film's casting call as "austere and impersonal," "real 'scummy,'" and "a pathologist and also the son of a Senator." With the shoot only ten weeks away, we'll have names to attach to those characters soon.

Read more: Blake Lively Cast as Green Lantern's Leading Lady | /Film http://www.slashfilm.../#ixzz0c7stdeO2

Her character is described by the trade as a woman who "who runs her father's aerospace company and hires cocky test pilot Hal Jordan (Reynolds), who later becomes the intergalactic policeman Green Lantern. In the comics, the romance became complicated when an alien race bestowed her the power of a crystal called the Star Sapphire." Most female leads in films based on male comic book characters don't get powers of their own, so Lively could have a more interesting job than most.

We don't know her exact character trajectory in the film, however. The script by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green has been kept generally under wraps, though THR reports that Michael Goldenberg is doing a rewrite now.

As the trade says the next big roles to cast are those of "the alien known as Sinestro" and Dr. Hector Hammond. Jackie Earle Haley has been rumored for Sinestro, who eventually becomes one of Green Lantern's biggest antagonists. Hammond was described in the film's casting call as "austere and impersonal," "real 'scummy,'" and "a pathologist and also the son of a Senator." With the shoot only ten weeks away, we'll have names to attach to those characters soon.

T.o.m svenska tidningar har snappat upp den nyheten.

Blake Lively i ny superhjältefilm | Kulturnyheter | SvD
Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#103 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 18:38

Jo, och superherohype postar The Hollywood Reporters nyhet om det.

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=8969

Väldigt ung tjej, och känns nästan en filmbolags grej att göra. Att man castar en ung tjej eftersom "Megan Fox är ung och Transformers blev jättepopulärt". Jag tror inte att jag sett Blake Lively i nånting och hon jag säger inte att hon kommer att göra rollen dåligt. Tycker bara att Carol Ferris är en sån karaktär som jag gärna hade sett spelas av någon lite äldre, t ex i ungefär samma ålder som Ryan Reynolds. Carol Ferris ska ge intrycket av en vuxen kvinna som leder ett stort företag, inte en College-tjej. Men ja jag har aldrig sett Lively agera, och nu blir hon även regisserad av en regissör som jag respekterar. Hoppas hon färgar sitt hår.
Proud member of ATNAG (Allegiance to Nolan and Goyer)
Batman Begins

2005&2008 Year of the Bat

2005 Evil feared the Knight, 2008 The Dark Knight Returns

The Dark Knight

#104 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 18:59

Oj, missade den här sidan och höll på att notera att Blake fått rollen när jag plötsligt såg att Georgia redan gjort det tidigare :blink:

Edited by Synon, 09 January 2010 - 19:01.

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#105 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 23:41

Nja, alla andra skådisar det talades om hade nog varit ett bättre val känner jag rent spontant.

Winter is Coming

#106 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:16

Peter Sarsgaard lär få rollen som Dr.Hector Hammond

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=8980

Helt ok casting där. Jag gillar Sarsgaard i de filmer jag sett honom i och karaktären han ska spela är riktigt vidrig i den versionen jag läste.

Edited by super85, 13 January 2010 - 02:16.

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#107 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:32

Ett rykte som rapporterats en massa på internet de senaste månaderna har varit att duktige Jackie Earle Haley skulle vara skådespelaren som WB vill ha som Sinestro.Det nämns t ex här http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43637 Haley är en riktigt bra skådis,men väldigt kortvuxen och inte riktigt den typen jag tänkt mig som Sinestro

Nu har regissören Martin Campbell sagt att ryktet om Haley inte alls stämmer och att man istället förhandlar med Mark Strong.

http://splashpage.mt...s-kilowog-more/

Allt han säger om filmen låter kanon, och Mark Strong är precis som Campbell säger lik Sinestro.
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#108 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:52

Faktiskt kan man ju skönja en viss likhet :)

Posted Image

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#109 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:38

Har känt på mig att filmen skulle vara Emerald Dawn inspirerat rätt mycket och Campbell bekräftar detta när han pratar om filmen och Hal Jordan

http://chud.com/arti...DAWN/Page1.html
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#110 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 16:34

Campbell pratar lite mer om GL filmen och skurkarna. Spoilers för de som inte vet så mycket om GL.

http://movies.ign.co...deos/ninja.html
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#111 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 19:34

Intervju med Martin Campbell om "Edge of Darkness" där han också pratar om Green Lantern

http://www.comingsoo...ws.php?id=62408
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#112 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 18:35

"Kanske äkta" concept art på Kilowog, en manip på Ryan Reynolds som GL (baserad på concept art ) och lite annat.

http://www.cosmicboo...les/glm_report/
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#113 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 16:58

Sony Imageworks gör specialeffekterna till Green Lantern

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=9020
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#114 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:22

Geoff Johns twittrar följande:

"Back from an amazing trip to Green Lantern town a.k.a. New Orleans!! Ryan IS Hal. And Mark Strong is going to be a brilliant Sinestro."

#115 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 04 March 2010 - 20:11

Green Lantern i 3D

Kan säkert bli läckert när han använder sin ring :D
Tänk er t.ex. en jättestor grön hammare som kommer flygandes ut ur duken :popcorn:

Green Lantern Coming to Theaters in 3D - Superhero Hype!

Source:Warner Bros. Pictures
March 4, 2010

Warner Bros. Pictures confirmed today that the Martin Campbell-directed Green Lanter will be coming to theaters in 3D on June 17, 2011.

Written by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green, the action-adventure stars Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard, Tim Robbins and Mark Strong.

I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#116 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 13:53

Misstänkte att den här skulle bli 3D. Är ju en sån superhjälte som verkligen passar i en 3D värld. Kul.
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#117 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 08 March 2010 - 17:11

Bild på Ryan Reynolds i GL dräkten och en kort intervju

Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern Costume Is Snug In All The Right Places - green lantern - io9

#118 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts
  • Interests:Serier, musik, konst, teckning.

Posted 08 March 2010 - 17:21

Ser mucho cool ut! Ryan Reynolds får chansen att revanschera sig för sin flopproll som Deadpool! :thumbsup:
*Hockey och superhjältar*

#119 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 17:36

Kul intervju,tack för fyndet :) måste dock säga att den där bilden är fan-art som dock är baserat på riktigt concept art. Jag har sett den på olika forum rätt länge. Tror att den är också med i nån av de olika länkarna jag postat på den här tråden.
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#120 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 08 March 2010 - 17:38

Jaha :lol: har missat att det var en fan art.

#121 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 23:44

Heh jo men det är lätt att tro att den är riktig, den bilden som varit med i många internet-tidningar nu :).
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#122 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:29

Och idag går startskottet för filminspelningen i New Orleans!

Har du vägarna förbi så finns en karta upplagd här: On Location Vacations :P

#123 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 14:56

Taika Cohen & Temuera Morrison nya i gänget.

Green Lantern Production Begins Today!

Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment’s first ever live-action adaptation of the Emerald Knight is taking a big step forward today with the start of principal photography for Green Lantern. With that news also comes some final casting announcements for the supporting cast, including the actor who will play the part of passing the Green Lantern ring to Ryan Reynolds’ Hal Jordan.

According to On Location Vacations, Geoff Johns, recently named Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment, made a trip to the Green Lantern set in New Orleans and came back with nothing but praise. They’re now reporting that the official start day for the project is today and that they’ll be filming a bar scene at the Old Point Bar downtown.

Says Geoff Johns:
“Back from an amazing trip to Green Lantern town a.k.a. New Orleans!! Ryan IS Hal. And Mark Strong is going to be a brilliant Sinestro.”

As for casting the supporting characters for the film, Empire is reporting that they’ve chosen who will play fellow Green Lantern Abin Sur as well as who takes the part Hal Jordan’s best friend and co-pilot.

Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett and the clones in the second and third Star Wars prequels has been selected by director Martin Campbell to play Abin Sur, the alien who crash lands on Earth, passing the Green Lantern Ring to Ryan Reynolds’ character. In late January we got what may be our first look of the design of Abin Sur through some concept art that made its way online. Abin Sur is the character seen on the left below.

Posted Image
Abin Sur (left) and Tomar-Re (right)

The other actor who signed on is Taika Waititi (goes by Taika Cohen) who is lesser known but has dome some writing, directing and acting work, including helming a few episodes of the comedy series Flight of the Conchords.

Waititi and Morrison join Ryan Reynolds as the title character, Blake Lively as his love interest, Mark Strong as Sinestro, Peter Sarsgaard as the villain Dr. Hector Hammond, and Tim Robbins as the villain’s father, Senator Hammond.

With shooting for Green Lantern starting today the big question on everybody’s mind is how they’re going to be bringing the 3D element to the project; Will they shoot in 3D or add it in post like Warner Bros. quickly did for Clash of the Titans recently? For obvious reasons, I hope that if they’re adding the 3D for the higher ticket prices that they shoot from the beginning in that way. That being said, it’s cheaper for them to add it in post so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the route they take.

What are you thoughts on the project, casting and 3D?

Green Lantern opens June 17, 2011. Director Martin Campbell and his award-winning crew get to work today.

#124 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 18:53

Vad kul för DC att ha ännu en seriös superhjälte-produktion på gång :). Eller jo den har varit på gång länge,men DC kan nog pusta ut nu att det inte blev Eddie Murphy som det ryktas om som Hal Jordan på slutet av 80-talet...eller Jack Black som det fortfarande ryktades om när Batman Begins just hade haft premiär.

Edited by super85, 15 March 2010 - 20:30.

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#125 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 15 March 2010 - 18:59

Eddie Murphy som Hal Jordan :wacko: skulle väl snarare ha sett honom som John Steward då, eller ja, knappt ens det.

Hade ryktena om Jack Black som GL stämt (eller blivit av) hade jag nog bojkottat den filmen.