Photo

Dr Who - Spoilers säsong 4/30 | Spoilervarning

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#326 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts
  • Interests:Serier, musik, konst, teckning.

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:50

Ja, det var ett bra avsnitt, Waters of Mars. Särskilt slutet då, med hans storhetsvansinne, men också rädsla tror jag. Det känns logiskt, som att detta har byggts upp länge, Pompeji var traumatiskt för doktorn, likaså tog det nog hårt med alla han har förlorat, Rose, osv osv. Jag tror inte heller att det handlar om att hitta doktorns goda sida igen, utan precis som Ood:en i slutet antydde så kommer doktorn snart att dö...med den nya doktorn, Matt Smith som antagligen är mer som doktorn "ska vara". The Master ska tydligen vara med i julspecialen, och det kanske blir någon grej av det? Alltså just att doktorn verkar bete sig precis som the Master nu, tänk om mästarn istället bekämpar doktorn? Bara spekulationer, men...
*Hockey och superhjältar*

#327 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 01 January 2010 - 16:10

Intervju med David Tennant och Russel Davies på BBC Radio 2
BBC iPlayer Console - Who on Who?

Goodbye, Doctor Who: David Tennant's exit interview | SCI FI Wire

Posted Image

What could be better than actor David Tennant, Doctor Who's the Doctor, interviewing the show's master reimaginer Russell T Davies? The two sat down and offered up a fascinating interview on BBC Radio 2 called Who on Who? With both Tennant and Davies bowing out of Doctor Who after this Saturday's finale special, "The End of Time: Part Two," it ended up being a very special conversation about all things Who, and some things Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures.

A couple big bits of news came out of the conversation. Both Davies and Tennant are headed for Hollywood, a big loss for British television. And The Sarah Jane Adventures has been picked up for a fourth "series" or season.

You can listen to the entire interview at http://www.bbc.co.uk...onsole/b00pclt6. The link is only available until Tuesday, January 5. Here's a sampling of their conversation.

Posted Image

On leaving the series ...
"It's not like you wake up one day ... You're thinking all the time how much further to keep going," said Davies. "It just sort of coalesces, doesn't it. So with hindsight you look back and go, 'We decided.' It was always fluid. You were in a state of flux about it yourself."

"Oh, right up until relatively recently. Absolutely, I just kept hedging my bets," Tennant said with a laugh.

However, Davies said he's not sure how he'll feel about leaving the series next week. "This is all hypothetical. Still, we might be weeping, gutted, dismayed. I don't think so, but it could strike us in all sorts of ways. You just don't know. Cause it's still valid now, it's still viable."

"Well, it's still ours," added Tennant.

But would Davies consider writing the occasional episode now that Steven Moffat is taking over as executive producer? "He did ask me, but I sort of, well for a start I've done 60 episodes. Sixty Doctor Who's, plus all the Torchwoods, plus all the Sarah Janes. There are only so many ways to conquer the world. I didn't want to sort of write myself thin, but also they've got this brand new toy box ... that new team," said Davies. "Who wants to be a ghost hanging out. You wouldn't want to hover over Matt Smith's shoulder, although it's a good idea for an episode."

Matt Smith, of course, is taking over as the eleventh Doctor and will make his entrance on Saturday's episode, when Tennant regenerates into him.

As for Tennant and Davies, they are headed to Hollywood. It had been announced earlier that Tennant's doing an NBC pilot for a non-sci-fi series called Rex Is Not My Lawyer, about a lawyer who has panic attacks and begins coaching clients to represent themselves. As for Davies, no word on what he'll be doing yet. In the mean time, he's proud of the work he's done.

"Sixty episodes. I can't see where it went wrong, to be honest. That makes me sound terrible," said Davies.

"Is that why you've gone to America, because you've done Britain?" asked Tennant.

"I'll be exiled and thrown out," said Davies with a laugh. "But that's partly because actually there is no other job to match Doctor Who in this country. I feel I've learned so much about publicity and marketing, the business of television as well. There is no where else to apply that except in America and also they've got so much more to teach us. That's the real point of going is to learn. Not that I think their system isn't marvelous and completely brilliant. I'm very quick to realize that. It's as made up and improvised and as screaming mad panic as anywhere else, but there are ways of learning things and ways how not to do things out there. It is good to go and be a small fish in a big ocean. You can just soak it all up and it's fascinating."

On creating Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures ...
"It's not just Doctor Who you've ended up writing," said Tennant. "From that came another two shows."

"We just wanted to make more shows, have more output, and we had adult ideas that simply would never fit into Doctor Who," said Davies. "Torchwood was an idea that had been ticking away at the back of my head as a separate series anyway. Psychic cops, it was in my head. You know that sort of format you dream up now and again? It was all in the right time. It was serendipity. There was John Barrowman, who was leaving Doctor Who, temporarily we thought at the time, cause you were coming in and I thought the Doctor didn't need a space buccaneer at his side. So everything just fit into that place and low and behold there was Torchwood which is more work for more people."

"Sarah Jane after that," said Tennant.

"Yes, that came about because of the phenomenal children's audience for Doctor Who and again it was an appetite for more," said Davies. The children department asked them to do a show for them. "They wanted a young Doctor Who. I said absolutely not."

"What was the notion? The Doctor's young years?" asked Tennant.

"Like Harry Potter in the Time Lord Academy sort of thing, you know. It would have been you basically, but played by a young boy."

"I could have done it," joked Tennant.

"Yes, from a distance," said Davies.

"Exactly, if you just put me in soft focus."

"Pull the camera back," joked Davies. "You can imagine how dreadful that would have been. I was like, 'No way are you doing that.' All the mystery and majesty of the Time Lords would just disappeared into high school pranks at the academy."

However, Elisabeth Sladen had just come off of a guest role in Doctor Who, he added. "It was again just all these pieces in the right place ... We are now into fourth year commissioned and fifth hopefully."

On how Doctor Who has changed his life ...
"There's opportunities you get," said Davies. "Unashamedly doors open within the industry because of those successes, which is good for me and annoying for other people who don't get that. But it is different with Doctor Who because it was always my favorite show. To see it being number one, all the time, to see it just being at the top of people's conversations. You can say to anyone in this country I think, 'I work on Doctor Who,' and they know what you mean. And that's brilliant. You and I worked on a million shows and that's not true of any other show actually."

"No, it is completely unique the kind of reach it has, cross cultural generational appeal that it has," said Tennant. However, he added, "Apparently it carries on without us." Doctor Who's fifth season on BBC is scheduled for 2010 with its new team in place.

After toying with the idea of working on Merlin, another popular British show, Davies added, "we will be watching like good faithful fan boys."

Tennant and Davies do their final work on Doctor Who in "The End of Time: Part Two," which premieres on BBC America on Saturday, Jan. 2 at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#328 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 02 January 2010 - 03:21

The End of Time - Part One

OK avsnitt. Det var inte så bra som det kunde ha varit. Men det kunde också ha varit sämmre.
Problemen är förmycket på förlite tid med förlite förklaraingar. Och scenen när The Doctor helt plötsligt går mot The Master medans han skjuter blixtar mot honom var bara löjlig. Men jag är glad att RTD fixade hela grejen med "The Master begår självmord för att trotsa The Doctor" för det skulle The Master aldrig göra. Det kändes bra att det var hans plan helatiden även om det hela var av en nödlösning hur de återuppväkte honom.

Jag trodde att Dalton spelade Black Guardian först. Känns lite underligt att Time Lords kanske planerar något ondskefullt.

Multi-Master grejen var rätt kul även om åter igen, den nya Master är klart galnare än den gammla. Hur kul det än är så saknar jag gammla The Master. Hoppas Moffat ger oss lite av honom sen.

The End of Time - Part Two

Jag tyckte att avsnittet var bra. Bättre än förra.
Grejen när han gick och träffade sina gammla vänner var mycket bättre gjort än jag trodde. och jag gillade att Doktorn för en gångs skull inte går modigt in i döden. Jag rös när han sa att han inte ville dö precis innan han regenererade.
Jag vet inte riktigt det där med Time Lords där alla, utom 2, nu helt plötsligt var villiga att offra allt i universum för att överleva. The Time War ska ha orsakat att de blev så men det låter ändå en aning ologiskt. Och att The Doctor medvetet avrättade alla Time Lords för att stoppa deras plan, det stämmer inte riktigt med hur det beskrivdes innan. I säsong 1 så sa The Doctor att Time Lords räddade hans liv och undrade varför han liv hade räddats och fick det att låta som att Time Lords frivilligt offrade sig för att rädda universumet.

Kul, och underligt, att se Alonso igen.

Jag undrar vem den mystiska Time Lord kvinnan var. Varför fick vi aldrig veta? Var det Susan? Eller möjligen Romana? Susan känns troligare eftersom hon var orolig att Doktorn inte skulle kunna stoppa Rassilon om han visste att hon fanns.

Hur kan föresten Rassilon vara Time Lord President? Har han blivit återuppväkt eller något? Lite konstigt om det är så med tanke på att vi aldrig fick en förklaring. Kan det vara så att Moffat har bett om det och att det här inte var slutet på den historian?

Jag gillar att Wilfred äntligen fick vara Companion på riktigt och hade en sådan stor roll. Det kändes passande.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#329 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:14

För intresserade så finns nu manusen uppe till specialavsnitten + några till avsnitt:

http://www.thewriterstale.com/scr.html

//Peak
* Sci-Fi Nytt * Sci-Fi Nytts Forum

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

#330 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:57

Doctor Who vann "Best Drama" igen i "National Television Awards"

Prisutdelningen (varning för spoilers för sista specialen i länken):

//Peak
* Sci-Fi Nytt * Sci-Fi Nytts Forum

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."

#331 Sparks

Sparks

Commander

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 21:59

Härligt! :)

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

#332 GaterGirl

GaterGirl

never bore your audience

• Aktiv member
  • 8,323 posts
  • Interests:Luleå Hockey. Sci-Fi. Tv-serier. Tv-spel. Fiska. Sällskapsspel. Photoshop. Fan-art. Grafik.

Posted 31 December 2010 - 21:37

Har man BBC Entertainment kan man se säsong 4 av DW igen, eller för första gången. Ett säsong 4 maraton, 13 avsnitt på 2 dagar. 16.00 i morgon (1/1) sänds det första avsnittet, sen följer 6 avsnitt till. På söndag kl 16 börjar resterande avsnitt sändas. :)
Nikola Tesla "All the subtlety of brain surgery with a chainsaw." ~ Sanctuary 2007-2011  Parker - how did you know? Non-sequential serial numbers? My favorite. (parker får pengar i julklapp) "the ho ho ho job - leverage"Sofia Sorto - "Who are you, messere?", Ezio - "Only the most interesting man in your life." Assassins Creed - Revalations I will, I very much I will. - dr Julia Ogden, Murdoch Mysteries <p>Luleå Hockey  Murdoch Mysteries  Stargate SG-1  Jonathon Young  Nikola Tesla  Tv-serier