• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:53

I januari sades det att Guy Richie hoppade av Lobo för att i stället göra en uppföljare till Sherlock Holmes. Samtidigt kom nyheten att Robert Downey Jr hoppat av Cowboys & Aliens så allt talar ju för en uppföljare tongue.gif
Artikel från januari på Collider.com

Japp. Manus skrivs för fullt till en uppföljare av Guy Richies Sherlock Holmes. I artikeln nedan finns en intervju med manusförfattarna, Michele Mulroney och Kieran Mulroney, som främst handlar om deras nya film Paper Man, men lite info om kommande Sherlock Holmes 2 slank med smile.gif

Michele%20Mulroney%20and%20Kieran%20Mulr

Exclusive: SHERLOCK HOLMES 2 Update From Screenwriters Michele Mulroney and Kieran Mulroney
April 14th, 2010

We sat down with Michele Mulroney and Kieran Mulroney today to talk about their new movie, Paper Man, an inspirational comedic drama about an unlikely friendship between Richard (Jeff Daniels), a failed middle-aged novelist who has never quite grown up and Abby (Emma Stone), a 17-year-old girl whose role in a family tragedy years earlier has stolen away her youth. While we'll have the full transcript online soon, with Michele and Kieran writing the sequel to Sherlock Holmes (which is again being directed by Guy Ritchie), we got an update on that project. They talk about how they got the writing assignment, their love of the character, their favorite Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Sherlock Holmes story, and their thoughts on Brad Pitt possibly playing Professor Moriarty…

Hit the jump for what they had to say:

Collider: You're currently writing the sequel to Sherlock Holmes?

KM: We are. In fact, we were just doing that this morning.

MM: We were just doing that this morning before we got here. Yes, we are. We're deep in that and it's very, very exciting and interesting and a challenge.

KM: It's going to be a fun movie.

MM: It's going to be a fun movie. I grew up with those Conan Doyle books. So, for me, to be involved in writing this is so great. These characters have always been part of my childhood. The Watson and Holmes characters are just delicious. Of course, we have those two great actors to bring them to life - Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. It's a really interesting process we're neck deep in right now. (Laughs)

How did you get that project?

KM: Paper Man is the completely other side of the scale from what we do. We've spent a bunch of years writing studio films. Warner Bros., particularly, has been very good to us. They hire us to do all kinds of things.

MM: A lot of uncredited script doctoring is on our resume so most people don't know about it. We've worked on a lot of fun, big, old fat studio projects for the last 5 years so that's kind of our day job. It's what we do and we love to do. It's a huge challenge and these are smart people we get to work with in the studio system so we love it. You know, they just came to us and said, "Do you want to do the sequel?" and we were like, "Yes."

The studio came to you?

KM: Yes.

MM: Yes.

Do you write the script with a budget in mind or do you write the script and then change it based on the budget?

KM: (Laughs) Here's what usually happens. After we write our first draft, they always ask us to take $30-$50 million out of it.

MM: We always write too big.

KM: We tend to write big action sequence stuff. It'll still be a nice big whopping studio film. The story is they offered us the job. We came back to them with a story that they liked. It's just a process of finding with the director, the actors, the producers, the studio, a place where everybody is happy and wants to go to work. We're in the middle of that. I think everybody's happy and I think they all want to go to work. It's really an intensely collaborative process when you're in the studio system with a movie that has an expectation of going into production, which is great. We love working with directors. Guy Ritchie is a hoot and I think a really talented visual director who did a wonderful job on the first one.

MM: He's really great.

Were you writing the sequel while the first one was in post production?

KM: We started before it was released but after they had finished production.

MM: I think there's always an appetite, if possible, to do more with the stories and the characters because there's just so much stuff to mine. It's really fun and the thing that you realize every day is that it's really no different whether you're writing Paper Man at $4 million or Sherlock Holmes at a lot more than $4 million.

KM: That's right.

MM: I mean it's still story and characters and dialogue. It's the same process. It's the same exact process.

KM: Although with a lot more stuff that blows up.

MM: (Laughs) Yeah, and a tiny bit more pressure.

KM: Yes, with a little bit more pressure. (Laughs) Exactly.

MM: A little bit more pressure.

Do you have a favorite Sherlock Holmes story out of all the short stories that Conan Doyle wrote?

KM: I'm a Speckled Band guy.

MM: The Speckled Band is a good, really old school, classic Holmes story.

KM: "The Adventure of the Red-Headed League." That's sort of deep in the canon. I love it because it actually has to do with … it's a theft crime where they're hiring ginger-haired men. They're luring people in by sending out notices that say "If you have red hair," which of course in England is looked down upon still to this day, "then join our club." And then, that club becomes a front for a criminal enterprise.

MM: It's very silly.

KM: Yeah. It's such a bizarre and old fashioned thing. We're not making a version of The Red-Headed League, by the way. (Laughs)

MM: (Laughs) By the way, don't worry.

KM: It's not going to show up in the movie.

MM: The stories are very old school and creaky and weird, but so completely compelling and very inventive. The plots are just really seductive.

What do you think about Brad Pitt possibly playing Professor Moriarty?

MM: Well, of course, we're gigantic Brad Pitt fans. I think he's a brilliant actor and a particularly brilliant character actor. And certainly the role that you're talking about of Professor Moriarty is a big character to bite off. I hope Brad likes it. Let's leave it at that. To be political, we should say nothing. But, he's wonderful. We couldn't be bigger fans of Brad. So, we'll see what happens. It's going to be an interesting film to watch. We can say nothing about this.

Can you tell me anything about the story?

KM: No, it's a little bit of a secret.

MM: It's under wraps.

Edit: lagt till premiärdatum.
Edit: ny titel

Edited by Garm, 29 February 2016 - 01:48.
Tillägg av tagg.

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#2 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:00

Robert Downey Jr är självklart med och säger så här:

"I'm doing Sherlock Holmes again so I'm going back and reading all the Conan Doyle books again. I just finished them, so I'm gonna start over again - at Volume 1". Downey also joked that there'll be a "pantsless" nude scene between him and co-star Jude Law in the sequel.

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#3 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 14:10

Sci Fi Wire har snackat lite med Joel Silver om filmen och nedan kan du läsa vad som sades (föga överraskande egentligen vad de plockar upp i tvåan):

What we know (and you need to know) about Sherlock Holmes 2
05/25/10

Sure, Iron Man is awesome, but what's up with Sherlock Holmes, that other franchise starring Robert Downey, Jr.? Turns out Warner Bros. is gearing up a sequel right away.

We spoke with producer Joel Silver while he was promoting Splice in a roundtable interview, and during the interview we uncovered a few details about the eagerly anticipated sequel.

The start of shooting is not that far away.

First off, Silver thinks it will be ready to shoot before the end of this year. "We'll start shooting in the fall and coming out maybe the following year," Silver said on May 22 in Hollywood.

The clues to the sequel are already buried within the first film.

It ends with Holmes identifying his arch nemesis Moriarty. That will be where the second film picks up, says Silver, making the first film a blueprint for who Moriarty will be.

"We want it to be really bold and strong and Moriarty has got to be a really incredible character," Silver said. "We spent a movie setting up a character and now we can make the next movie where we pay that character off."

Rachel McAdams will return, but ...

If he's planning to shoot in the fall, Silver will have to cast his Moriarty soon. Downey is back as Holmes and Jude Law returns as Dr. Watson. Silver even said Rachel McAdams would reappear, but she that wouldn't be the central leading lady this time.

"She'll be present," was all Silver would say.

Who do you think should play Moriarty? And for that matter, which Arthur Conan Doyle character could pick up the baton from McAdams?

#4 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 14:56

Det mest spännande är ju vem dom kommer att casta som Moriarty.

"I see them long hard times to come."
-Gangstagrass

last.fm | filmtipset | twitter

#5 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 15:04

Jo jag läste om det nånstans och de flesta verkar vara överens om att det bör vara en engelsman. Ett förslag var Alan Rickman, och det kan jag hålla med om att han vore perfekt! I like him :)

#6 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 15:30

Alan Rickman skulle inte vara helt fel men jag skulle gissa att dom är ute efter någon lite yngre, närmare Downey Jr.s ålder. Gary Oldman skulle nog vara rätt klockren men han börjar också vara till åren kommen. Varför inte Johnny Depp?

Är förresten Brad Pitt ute ur leken? Hoppas det. Och jag vill inte se Christian Bale heller.

-Gangstagrass

#7 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:15

Jo, fast de flesta säger att han är äldre än Holmes, men man vet ju aldrig vad filmfolket hittar på. Nej, Pitt är absolut inte ur leken. Tvärtom skulle jag vilja säga efter att läst artikeln som jag bifogat nedan.

Premiären är förresten satt till 16 december 2011. USA, ja.

SHERLOCK HOLMES 2 on December 16, 2011; Rachel McAdams to Return
May 27th, 2010

Warner Bros. has set December 16, 2011 as the release date for Sherlock Holmes 2. Heat Vision reports that Warner Bros. chairman and CEO Barry Meyer spoke to investors today provided the film’s release date along with other movies on their 2011 slate (although most of these dates had already been revealed). Sci-Fi Wire also spoke with producer Joel Silver who said that Rachel McAdams would be “present” as Irene Adler, but wouldn’t be the leading lady in the sequel. Silver once again confirmed that Moriarty would be the antagonist this time around. Shooting is set to begin this fall.

Producer Dan Lin told Steve last year that the rumors of Brad Pitt cameoing in the first movie as Moriarty was just Internet chatter and that he was not in that movie. We recently spoke with screenwriters Michele Mulroney and Kieran Mulroney talked about whether or not Pitt would be in the sequel.

Here’s what the Michele Mulroney said about Pitt:

Well, of course, we’re gigantic Brad Pitt fans. I think he’s a brilliant actor and a particularly brilliant character actor. And certainly the role that you’re talking about of Professor Moriarty is a big character to bite off. I hope Brad likes it. Let’s leave it at that. To be political, we should say nothing. But, he’s wonderful. We couldn’t be bigger fans of Brad. So, we’ll see what happens. It’s going to be an interesting film to watch. We can say nothing about this.

I like Brad Pitt, but Moriarty is supposed to be older than Holmes. I’m sure Brad Pitt could pull off the daunting nature of the character, but I would rather see a more left-field choice that gets people talking.

Edited by Synon, 28 May 2010 - 08:16.

#8 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 03 August 2010 - 21:50

Verkar som om skurken kommer bli Daniel Day-Lewis i nya filmen

Daniel Day-Lewis klar för "Sherlock Holmes" - Extra - Expressen Extra | Kändisar Hänt i Veckan Skvaller

Daniel Day-Lewis ska försöka sätta stopp för Sherlock Holmes. Den 53-årige britten är nu klar för den eftertraktade rollen som professor Moriarty, skriver The Sun.
Regissören Guy Richie hade först hoppats på kompisen Brad Pitt, men han blev för dyr. Uppföljaren till "Sherlock Holmes" från förra året väntas gå upp på biografer i slutet av nästa år. De två huvudrollerna, Sherlock Holmes och Doktor Watson, spelas av Robert Downey Junior och Jude Law.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#9 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:34

Brad Pitt för dyr... Guy Richie fick mao inget kompispris? :P

Edited by XC, 04 August 2010 - 07:34.

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#10 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 14:07

Efter separationen från Madonna kanske Guy måste hålla hårt i varje slant? :P

#11 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 15:57

Går bra för Noomi Rapace, först ska hon spela mot Jeremy Renner i "Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters", och nu har hon fått en roll i kommande Sherlock Holmes! Inte illa.

'Tattoo' Girl Lands 'Sherlock 2' (exclusive)
September 11, 2010

Noomi Rapace, the Swedish star of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," has booked her first English-language role: the plum part of the female lead in Warner Bros.'s "Sherlock Holmes 2."

The sequel reunites most of the team from the original: Robert Downey Jr. as Holmes and Jude Law as Dr. Watson. Guy Ritchie is back as director while Joel Silver, Susan Downey, Lionel Wigram and Dan Lin return as producers.

The logline is being kept under wraps, although it is known Holmes will face off against Moriarty. Also making an appearance will be Holmes' brother, Mycroft.

Rapace's role is shrouded in mystery although sources say the character may be a French Gypsy. It is unclear if the role is romantic in nature.

Warners is looking to start production later this year.

Off the strength of her breakthrough performance in the Swedish-language "Tattoo," Rapace snagged representation with UTA and Magnolia Entertainment. She made a well-publicized trip to LA mid-August, meeting with top producers and directors to discuss making an entry into the American film scene. "Holmes 2" is the first acting gig to come to fruition from those meetings.

#12 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 11 September 2010 - 16:07

Läste om det i SvD precis.
Ska bli intressant att se :)
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#13 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 17:26

Sverige invaderar Hollywood. (Snart en rubrik i en aftontidning nära dig)

-Gangstagrass

#14 Walker

Walker

Rear Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 18:06

Vilken roll kommer hon spela?! Ska hon ta över som Holmes strul Irene Adler, eller blir det som Moriartys onda sidekick Helga :lol:

#15 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 18:25

Verkar vara oklart.

Rapace's role is shrouded in mystery although sources say the character may be a French Gypsy. It is unclear if the role is romantic in nature.

-Gangstagrass

#16 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 22:05

Roligt! Hon var ju riktigt duktig i Millenium-triologin, i del 2 och 3 var hon nästan det enda sevärda rentav.

Winter is Coming

#17 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:29

Jared Harris (Mad Men, Fringe) kommer att spela Moriarty. Och tidigare meddelades det att Stephen Fry kommer att spela Sherlocks bror, Mycroft.

Källa: THR

#18 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 15:23

Verkar vara oklart.

Och den källan hade rätt: Noomi Rapace berättar själv nu att hon kommer att gestalta en zigenerska. :)

Källa: The Moviefone Blog

#19 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:32

Ny titel: "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows". Ny trend att skippa numrering?

#20 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts
  • Interests:Serier, musik, konst, teckning.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:58

Låter som en riktigt "Sherlocky" titel. Ska vi gissa att Downey utbrister "the game, Dr. Watson, is afoot!" vid något tillfälle? :)
*Hockey och superhjältar*

#21 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:05

Ny titel: "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows". Ny trend att skippa numrering?

Inte särskilt förvånande. Står det en siffra innan så är det en indikation för folk att man bör sett filmerna (filmen i det här fallet) innan. Det i sin tur innebär att färre personer ser filmen. Utan siffran saknas det hindret, vilket gör att man trimmar chansen till högre publikintäckter. Rätt enkelt att göra, så det förvånar mig inte.
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#22 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:45

Jo, jag tänkte mer på att förr i tiden var det vanligt med en nuffra, men nu är det populärt att lägga till en undertitel. Och jag har absolut inget emot det kan tilläggas. :)

#23 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts
  • Interests:Serier, musik, konst, teckning.

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:48

Det beror lite på för mig. Ibland blir det bara krystat, som med X-Men-filmerna. Jag tror också att det där med uppföljare har haft en dålig stämpel på sig från förr, att man kör samma koncept igen så att säga. Man vill ju mycket hellre visa att det är "nästa kapitel".
*Hockey och superhjältar*

#24 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 15:04

Fullängstrilern finns nu att beskåda om man vill. Även högupplöst hos Apple om man nu föredrar det.

Svensk biopremiär är satt till den 16 december enligt SF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHBHMtl9YWw

#25 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 19 October 2011 - 19:08

Ny trailer ute

Sherlock Holmes and Moriarty face off in explosive new trailer | Blastr

Posted Image

It's an exciting and explosive ''Holmes vs. Moriarty'' face-off in this thrilling new Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows trailer. Once again, there are plenty of explosions to see. Add to that a bit of romance and a good dash of cross-dressing and it's all in a day's work for the greatest detective of all time.

Sherlock Holmes (Robert Downey Jr., who clearly is having the time of his life playing Holmes) and his trusted sidekick Dr. John Watson (Jude Law) are once again embarking on a new and thrilling adventure when they find themselves facing the evil machinations of Professor James Moriarty (Jared Harris), Holmes' archenemy.
Here's the synopsis:

Sherlock Holmes (Downey Jr.) has always been the smartest man in the room... until now. There is a new criminal mastermind at large--Professor Moriarty (Harris)--and not only is he Holmes' intellectual equal, but his capacity for evil, coupled with a complete lack of conscience, may actually give him an advantage over the renowned detective. When the Crown Prince of Austria is found dead, the evidence, as construed by Inspector Lestrade (Marsan), points to suicide. But Sherlock Holmes deduces that the prince has been the victim of murder--a murder that is only one piece of a larger and much more portentous puzzle, designed by Professor Moriarty. The cunning Moriarty is always one step ahead of Holmes as he spins a web of death and destruction--all part of a greater plan that, if he succeeds, will change the course of history.

As always, our favorite bromantic duo will be getting themselves into a $#!@load of trouble (we wouldn't have it any other way), but this time they'll be joined by a mysterious fortune teller played by Noomi Rapace, as well as by Watson's new, not-so-blushing bride, Mary (Kelly Reily), and even Holmes' main love squeeze, Irene Adler (Rachel McAdams), gets in on the action.

As Watson said: Oh, how we've missed you, Holmes!
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows will hit theaters in time for the holidays on Dec. 16.

(via Coming Soon)