#1 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 20:38

Regissör: James Cameron
Manus: James Cameron
Skådespelare: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Michelle Rodriguez, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder

Den desillusionerade marinsoldaten Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) skickas till planeten Pandora för att med alla medel övertyga urbefolkningen att låta människan exploatera deras natur för att utvinna en ny energikälla. Allteftersom Jake lär känna planeten och folket blir han mer och mer osäker på sitt uppdrag och när kampen ställs på sin spets måste han välja sida.

SF Bio
Officiella trailer-tråden i forumet

Då den även kommer att visas i 3D så är jag lite sugen på att pallra mig iväg till biografen... Posted Image
På tal om 3D såg jag en notis att Fox samarbetar med Panasonic som passar på att släppa sin nya 3D TV i samband med filmen.

Längre ner har jag lagt in en artikel om "augumented reality" som används för att promota denna film, bl a av McDonalds och Coca Cola.
Finns även med på nya Transformers DVDn, men jag har ej hunnit utforska det än.

More 'Avatar' Featurettes Arrive Online

Two more featurettes for James Cameron's Avatar have arrived online today for your viewing pleasure. The first comes from Coke Zero and it centers on Stephen Ling's character Col. Quaritch, who's in charge of the entire Pandora mission and helps to train Sam Worthington and others on the planet and its dangerous indigenous species, the Na'vi. Ling takes us through a little of the plot without revealing anything we don't already know -- but there's also tons of footage I haven't seen before; stuff I'm sure you'll want to dive right into. Watch the clip after the jump.

In addition to the Coke Zero featurette, IGN UK has also released a behind-the-scenes featurette that focuses more on the human technology that's present in the film -- like the oxygen masks and the helicopter-like ships. It's all about how Cameron wanted the technology in the film to be realistic and down to earth even though most of our time is spent in another world. Watch it after the jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrzOUA3z9vA

Ryktas om att Cameron fått klippa ner filmen för att passa IMAX som har en begränsning i längd på filmer. Kanske DVD-utgåvan har den oklippta versionen i såfall? Posted Image

'Avatar' Watch: Running Time Announced and New Featurettes

Though early rumors suggested the film was going to clock in at over three hours, 20th Century Fox claims James Cameron's Avatar will instead clock in at 150 minutes (or 2.5 hours), or about 156 minutes if you count the credits. The main reason why the film will run under three hours is because of the IMAX showings. Avatar will open in about 180 domestic IMAX theaters on December 18th, and because of the way the IMAX system is set up, the theaters that aren't converted over to digital projection can only hold about 170 minutes worth of film. But while Cameron's final edit came in significantly under 170 minutes, there's no saying whether there will be a cut on the DVD that will run over 170 minutes. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Avatar will open on a minimum of 5,500 screens, with almost half of those screens equipped to show the film in 3D.

In other Avatar news, two new featurettes were released online toward the latter part of the week. IGN UK unveiled one behind-the-scenes video focused primarily on the realistic sci-fi equipment created for the film, and Coke Zero released a video that introduces Stephen Ling's character, Col. Quaritch, and reveals a whole bunch of new footage. You can watch both videos over at SciFi Squad.

The Hollywood Reporter | Heat Vision: THR sits down with James Cameron to talk 'Avatar,' sci-fi and the pressures of making a non-sequel film
July 24, 2009

Fresh from facing off with 6,500 fans in Comic-Con's cavernous Hall H, director James Cameron launches into orbit with THR's Borys Kit and Steven Zeitchik to talk about "Avatar," his first studio feature since "Titanic."

THR: Where does Comic-Con fit in for "Avatar"?

Cameron: I think it's Pad 39 for the Apollo moon mission.

It's the launchpad. We're firing this big Saturn 5 rocket into the zeitgeist and if you have the fans behind you, if you have that support, it makes huge difference.

And they are going to go online and talk about it. I'm sure they already are. And it will spread laterally through a broader fan base to all these fantasy and science fiction fans.

THR: Does that make you nervous?

Cameron: Not really. And I don't mean that to sound like hubris, like we knew this was going to slam-dunk or anything like that. It's more like, I make movies for the geek in myself. I like this film. It's the shit. I really enjoy watching it. So I knew that people like that, that enjoy fantasy and science fiction, the stuff that I grew up with, and all the new stuff out there, I knew they were going to dig it.

I also knew they'd be very critical. Like there's been a lot of discussion about the Na'vi (the aliens in the film) design, why isn't it more alien, things like that. I think when they see the full film, the emotional range of the story, they'll get why the decisions were made.

Because the first person I hired was Wayne Barlowe. And Wayne Barlowe designs the trippiest aliens out there. But we had to rein back, because it's also a love story. So there were narrative considerations.

THR: Are you afraid of people comparing it to "Aliens" because you do take on this otherworldly universe?

Cameron: We riff against it. Sigourney (Weaver) plays a character that is very different from Ripley (her character in "Aliens"). She is not a warrior at all. She's very different in demeanor and in her narrative purpose. We had fun with that. In a lot of ways, it's the anti-"Aliens."

We use the term Aliens twice. Once in (alien language) Na'vi, "Faketuan," and once spoken in English towards the end of the film. Both times, they are talking about us.

THR: Is that because you feel this could be happening here? You've mentioned this is a parable.

Cameron: Really what this film ultimately does is hold a mirror to our own blighted history, where we have a culturally advanced civilization supplanting more "primitive" civilizations. Some of these civilizations and cultures have a lot more wisdom than we've shown. We just have bigger guns. We have ships that can cross oceans, we have horses and armor. And this country we're in now was taken from its indigenous owners. And it's kind of owning up to our own human history.

Science fiction is for humans by humans. We're not trying to predict what will really happen when we go to an alien planet. We're trying to make some comment about our lives that we're leading right now.

THR: This is an original movie and it's very different from the prequels and the sequels and the remakes that we see these days. You could have gone and made an "Aliens 5" but you decided to make this. How hard was that?

Cameron: It's a very difficult proposal, in our modern marketing world, to make a big picture, the kind of picture I like to make where you have resources to build cool sets and do cool effects. To bring that kind of horsepower to bear without having the assured success associated with a franchise, it's very difficult to do.

THR: Fox is taking a big leap of faith financially. Does that put pressure on you?

Cameron: It puts pressure on us about the marketing because we have to create the equivalent value of an existing brand without there being an existing brand. We have to make our own brand.

Look, I remember the first time what it was like (when) I saw the trailer for "Star Wars." I was there. And I was not alone on opening night. There were a lot of people who had camped out around the block for two days for opening night. So when people see stuff they like, they recognize it from their own dreams.

Because really that's what it is. It's recognition of something that no one has ever shown you before but is important to you at some level. When they see something they recognize as being something new and fresh and must-see, you don't need a brand. You've created it in that moment synaptically.

That's why we spent so much time on the design. We knew that every creature, every plant, everything in this movie had to fascinate. I don't know if we always succeeded but I think we got enough fascinating stuff in it.

'Avatar' toys with augmented reality - Entertainment News, Film News, Media
Thurs., Nov. 19

If you haven't heard of augmented reality, you will soon, thanks to "Avatar."

Hollywood and Madison Avenue have been quick to embrace the technology -- which launches movable 3D images or games on computer screens when an item is held up to a webcam -- as the newest must-have marketing tool to connect with consumers.

But while some studios have already introduced the technology, James Cameron's sci-fi actioner will likely be the property that makes augmented reality a household phrase.

That's because Fox, which is rolling out "Avatar" worldwide Dec. 18, has lined up McDonald's and the Coca-Cola Co. as promotional partners, and Mattel as the pic's official toymaker. All are integrating augmented reality in their products and through high-profile campaigns that tie in with the film.

The companies are each spending tens of millions to not only associate themselves with "Avatar" in unique ways, but also devote considerable time to educate consumers — from kids to adults — of what augmented reality can do. Of course, the partners will also help Fox promote "Avatar" in places around the world that the studio can't buy its way into, like stores and restaurants.

The partners need to launch an educational effort in order for parts of their campaigns to work.

"This takes you back to the days when people didn't know how to text," said Rita Drucker, senior VP of feature-film promotions at Fox. "There is a learning curve, but (the film's partners) are trying to make it as easy as possible for the consumer to understand and interact with."

McDonald's will use augmented reality to promote its Big Mac to young adults and to entice kids to request more Happy Meals through "Pandora's Quest," a series of online games that are playable, and toys that light up and move, when using a webcam.

While it's common for McDonald's to use movies to promote Happy Meals, "Avatar" marks one of the first times the company has turned to a pic to target young adults.

Coca-Cola hopes the film can promote Coke Zero -- aimed at 18- to 24-year-old males -- and has plastered AVTR (the name of the pic's military program) on 140 million cans and 8 million refrigerator packs in the U.S. alone. When held up to a webcam, a Samson helicopter takes off onscreen that can be controlled by moving the can.

And to give its toys a high-tech twist, Mattel has created a line of action figures, vehicles and alien creatures that come with an i-Tag, created by Total Immersion, that reveals special content when shown to a webcam.

Since "Avatar" is a new property, Fox needs to educate auds on the characters, creatures, vehicles and overall world that will be seen in the film. The partners will all do so through exclusive videos and animated content and background info that may not necessarily be seen onscreen when the pic unfolds.

Coke Zero's AVTR.com, for example, will include details on the AVTR program and the Pandora planet plus bios of the film's characters.

"Avatar's" alien world and the film's high-tech imagery fit with Coke Zero because the beverage's tagline is "the impossible made possible." The augmented reality offering is part of a larger overall campaign centered around the AVTR website that is all about "unlocking this world of 'Avatar,'?" said Chip York, worldwide entertainment marketing director for the Coca-Cola Co.

Fox isn't the first to introduce augmented reality to consumers.

Paramount has already integrated it on DVD packaging for "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" and "Star Trek," while Universal built an augmented reality-accessible garden for the "Coraline" DVD.

But by inking deals with the world's largest fast-food chain, soda company and toymaker, Fox is looking to ensure that the concept is introduced to a mass audience around the world in one big promo push for "Avatar."

Consumers will then decide whether it's here to stay.

"Avatar" will provide marketers with "a huge opportunity for us to learn how and how long consumers are interacting with it," York said."It's definitely something that's new," he added. "It has huge potential in the future of distributing new entertainment content, brand massaging and advertising. But we need to learn from it first."

In addition to McDonald's and Coke, LG Mobile and Panasonic are also global promotional partners, with the cell-phone maker using "Avatar" to introduce its new eXpo handset, which can project video and photos, while Panasonic is using TV and online ads to create more of an overall branding effort for the company's electronics products. In some markets overseas, Casio, Energizer and Schick are also pushing the pic.

None are utilizing augmented reality as part of their campaigns, however.

Edited by Georgia, 18 October 2011 - 19:11.

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#2 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 21:42

Kommer nog få se denna eminenta film i 3D! :D

Förut såg det inte så troligt ut, då Filmstaden i Luleå är alldeles för bakom flötet och efter i utvecklingen för att ta in tekniken, men då jag ska på semester till Panama kring tiden för premiären, och dom har en halvdan 3D-bio iallafall, så kommer det nog bli en bättre upplevelse än jag först trodde. :)

#3 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 22:39

Panama - wow, vilken semester tripp! Ja, hoppas du tar dig till bion där och får se den i 3D. Tror den kommer att göra sig alldeles utmärkt i det formatet ^_^

Luleå, har du inte tjatat på dem där att fixa en salong som klarar av 3D eftersom det är så i ropet nu? Jag menar, är det inte Norrlands huvudstad eller? ;)

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#4 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 00:28

Jag menar, är det inte Norrlands huvudstad eller? ;)

Pff! As if. :P

Men jag tror det kommer dröja innan 3D kommer till någon norrländsk stad. Det är tyvärr så det brukar vara.

"I see them long hard times to come."
-Gangstagrass

last.fm | filmtipset | twitter

#5 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:28

Jag menar, är det inte Norrlands huvudstad eller? ;)

Pff! As if. :P

Men jag tror det kommer dröja innan 3D kommer till någon norrländsk stad. Det är tyvärr så det brukar vara.

:lol:

Jo, tyvärr är det så.

#6 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 13:22

Filmen känns lite intressant iaf. Cameron brukar göra bra filmer men jag tycker själva handlingen i den här filmen (det man vet om iaf) samt den visuella biten lämnar lite att önska. Men det vore riktigt kul att se en 3D-film på bio och den här fungerar väl lika bra som någon annan film. :)

Edited by Cartman, 22 November 2009 - 13:23.

#7 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 14:10

Någon som vet om man kommer kunna se Avatar på IMAX 3D i Sverige?

-Gangstagrass

#8 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 14:18

Har vi ens någon IMAX-biograf mer än Cosmonova i sthlm?

För dom har väl aldrig visat riktigt spelfilm vad jag vet.

#9 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 14:31

Trodde också det bara var cosmonova, men jag hittade förljande information:

»Idag finns det tre kupolbiografer i Sverige; Cosmo Nova i Stockholm, Krea Nova i Karlshamn och Skeppet i Piteå.«[Källa]

Men kanske är det bara Cosmonova som klarar IMAX - de har kanske andra system de andra båda.

Edited by XC, 22 November 2009 - 14:32.

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#10 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 14:49

Nu blev jag så nyfiken så jag blev tvungen att slänga iväg en fråga om detta till Cosmonova här i Stockholm :P
Alltså om de har någon plan på att börja visa vanlig spelfilm där. Om det ens är möjligt?

#11 dukeofnewyork

dukeofnewyork

Fleet Captain

• Aktiv member
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 14:49

Visade inte Cosmonova den senaste Star Trek (i IMAX alltså)? Eller är jag helt ute och cyklar?
"I mean, violence is a big problem in our society today and I will not support it. That is the primary reason why I won't do anal. " – Krysta Now, Southland Tales

"Ingen magi, ingen profil, ingen stil, bara tjong i tvättbrädan och morr i mustaschen. " – Göran Sommardal om Xmen Origins: Wolverine (Kulturnytt 20090430)

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum." – Arthur C. Clarke

---

--- | filmtipset | ---

#12 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 14:50

Visade inte Cosmonova den senaste Star Trek (i IMAX alltså)? Eller är jag helt ute och cyklar?

Du är ute och cyklar :P

Här listas tidigare visade filmer, dock ej några 'vanliga' spelfilmer vad jag kan se: Cosmonova

Edited by Synon, 22 November 2009 - 14:56.

#13 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 14:59

Folket på Star Trek Databas kollade om dom kunde visa senaste Star Trek men fick till svar att det dels är för dyrt med att visa spelfilm, dom tror inte heller riktigt på att intresset finns samt att dom helt enkelt inte var så intresserade själva.

#14 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 15:01

Aha, tack för svaret. Lite trist kan jag tycka, som tycker att ny teknik bör utforskas :P

#15 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 15:06

Här har ni tråden som rör deras förfrågan om Star Trek. Hade visst tagit fel lite på hur deras svar var formulerat. My bad.

tack för ditt email, men vi kommer inte att visa IMAX DMR-versionen av kommande
Star Trek filmen. Vi kan inte visa den typen av filmer.

FK, vi är Sveriges enda IMAX biograf, var det på svenska Wiki du läste att Akva är den
andra IMAX-biografen? Vi får se till att informationen där blir korrekt ...

Tack för visat intresse (!) och ledsen för det "negativa" svaret.
Med önskan om en God Jul,

Jessica Christensen
Chef Cosmonova

#16 dukeofnewyork

dukeofnewyork

Fleet Captain

• Aktiv member
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 15:15

Så var det ja, diskussionen på STDB var det som jag tänkte på.

Sen visst ska ny teknik utforskas, men frågan är ju till vilken kostnad. Ingen vill ju heller bli sittande med projektorer som ingen gör film till därför filmarna tröttnat på exempelvis 3D. Dessutom, blir upplevelsen av filmen i sig verkligen så mycket bättre? 3D/IMAX må vara en upplevelse i effekttunga, visuellt starka filmer, men det tillför nog inte mycket till vanliga dramer och komedier.

Jag förhåller mig skeptisk till 3D än så länge, men blir gärna överbevisad. Det handlar ju till syvende och sist om att tekniken ska serva berättelsen. Kanske att 3D möjliggör berättande av nya och intressanta historier, även om jag har svårt att se exakt hur i nuläget.
"I mean, violence is a big problem in our society today and I will not support it. That is the primary reason why I won't do anal. " – Krysta Now, Southland Tales

"Ingen magi, ingen profil, ingen stil, bara tjong i tvättbrädan och morr i mustaschen. " – Göran Sommardal om Xmen Origins: Wolverine (Kulturnytt 20090430)

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum." – Arthur C. Clarke

---

--- | filmtipset | ---

#17 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 22 November 2009 - 15:19

Intresse? :huh: Jag har sett ett par filmer på Cosmonova - och jag kan inte påstå att någon av dem är något som jag längtar efter att se om. Felet är att Cosmonova ligger alldeles för nära Naturhistoriska. :P

BTW, kikade igenom filmerna som visas nu och Fly me to the moon 3D verkar vara "riktig spelfilm".

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#18 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 15:20

Till syvende och sist handlar det ju om själva filmen, inte tekniken. Bara jag som är så nyfiken på att få ta del av ny teknik, vare sig det är bra eller dåligt :)

#19 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 20:57

James Cameron var med i 60 minutes och pratade lite om Avatar.

Gå till SCI FI Wire för att se klippet.

James Cameron explains why Avatar aliens have tails
11/23/09

James Cameron appeared on 60 Minutes last night, where he gave Morley Safer—and us—a behind-the-scenes look at how he went from being the director of "the very best flying piranha movie ever made" to the creator of the $400 million 3-D fantasy Avatar.

"This is the film I think I always wanted to make when I set down the path of being a filmmaker," said Cameron.

He also revealed the reason he gave his blue aliens tails—because: "Tails are cool!"

Well, there's actually more to it than that. To learn the rest of the story, check out the video below.

IMAX
Sorry, blir lite väl mkt snack om IMAX och hans vänner här, men det här blir det sista ;)
Chansade ju och mejlade Cosmonova för man vet ju aldrig om de får nåt ryck och vill hänga med i teknikens utveckling :D

Svaret lyder som följer:

tack för ditt email. Med vår nuvarande teknik är det inte möjligt att visa
IMAX-versioner av s k Hollywood event-filmer, t ex kommande AVATAR. F n har vi inga
planer på ändra på detta.

Bästa hälsningar

Jessica Christensen
Chef Cosmonova
Naturhistoriska riksmuseet

Well, can´t blame a girl for trying!

Edited by Synon, 23 November 2009 - 20:58.

#20 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 20:27

Ladda hem en interaktiv trailer från www.avatarmovie.com/. Adobe Air kommer att installeras om du ej redan har det.
Undertecknad har laddat hem och installerat. Testade lite snabbt och blev barnsligt förtjust i hotspots som dök upp som man kunde klicka på för att få mer information etc. Lättroad ibland, I know :P

Interactive Avatar Trailer Now Online
November 24, 2009

20th Century Fox has launched a new "Interactive Trailer" on the official website for James Cameron's Avatar that uses the Adobe Air technology and features new profiles on Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), Neytiri (Zoe Saldana), Trudy Chacon (Michelle Rodriguez), Selfridge (Giovanni Ribisi), Dr. Grace Augustine (Sigourney Weaver), and the designs for the Samson, Banshee, Scorpion, Thanator and AMP suit. You can download the "Interactive Trailer" to your desktop here!

#21 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 09:49

James Cameron on directing 'Avatar'
'Titanic' helmer brings inventiveness to sci-fi pic
Dec. 1, 2009,

Huge ambition and grinding patience don't generally go hand in hand, but James Cameron has been planning the sci-fi hybrid "Avatar" since the Oscar-winning "Titanic" was a rowboat. He just had to wait for the technology to catch up to his ideas. On Dec. 18 moviegoers will get to see the results. A 3D romance-adventure set in a world of 10-foot aboriginals and the artificial earthlings who walk among them -- and steal their jungle resources -- "Avatar" aims to be state-of-the-art and then some. The only question is whether it will meet the expectations of Mr. Terminator's legion of acolytes.

GENESIS: "There's an analogy I like to use: The surfer doesn't make the wave, the surfer surfs the wave, and he has to know when the wave's coming — and a good surfer senses the wave from far out and knows that it's that wave, not this wave. You let other forces, other filmmakers, market forces, generate the wave of energy — in this case, I'm talking about the energy in CG development. And as the CEO of Digital Domain, I had a pretty good idea of what was possible and not possible, and when I saw the types of photo-reality I wanted in ‘Avatar' cropping up in other movies, I knew we were at a point where the clouds had formed and it was about to rain."

VISION: "It was not really so much my vision as a palimp ­sest of all the artists who designed every prop and setpiece and character and creature. And we stuck to the vision that existed in the artwork, but we some ­times had to go through several iterations to figure out how to do it."

CHALLENGES: "I was unfamiliar with performance-capture technology, and the performance-capture technology I had seen I didn't think would measure up to what we needed. So, basically, we threw out the book and started from scratch and built up our own system, and, of course, because I was unfamiliar with any other system and we were building it from scratch, it was sort of custom-tailored to this film."

MAGIC: When challenged to create a mocap system that matched the real jungle, Cameron asked his team: "There's terrain, there's contours, you go up hills and down dales — and how do we do that? Whatever kind of capture they'd been doing hadn't involved contoured terrain. It took a month and a half to work out, and I think what the guys came up with is genius. But that's just one tiny example where you're so far beyond the pale of an existing playbook that if you ask a question of very smart, experienced people, nobody knows the answer."

NEXT: "Nothing. I'm probably going to sleep for a week. I've had three days off in 20 weeks, which I believe is well below the national average."

#22 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 15:08

Fy för fan. 150 hutlösa kronor vill SF ha för en biljett till Avatar 3D. :angry: Nåja nu är det bokat iaf. Den 19:e ska jag och se spektaklet. :)

-Gangstagrass

#23 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 08 December 2009 - 15:30

Efter att ha spelat spelet så skulle jag i alla fall kunna tänka mig att se filmen - men inte för 150 kronor. :P
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#24 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 15:33

Det är 3D-versionen som kostar det. Vanliga versionen kostar "bara" 110:- ;)

#25 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 23:33

Fan va dyrt det har blivit att gå på bio! Snart kostar de väl lika mycket som att köpa en dvd och då lär jag aldrig gå bio igen! (jag går inte mycket på bio numera heller, 1-2 ggr om året kanske)

Winter is Coming