• 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 08 August 2009 - 21:23

EXCL: Screen Gems Moving Ahead with Underworld 4- ShockTillYouDrop.com

EXCL: Screen Gems Moving Ahead with Underworld 4
Source:ShockTillYouDrop.com August 8, 2009

ShockTillYouDrop.com has learned exclusively that Sony's Screen Gems is moving ahead with a fourth film in the "Underworld" franchise and is targeting a January 2011 release. The movie will be shot in 3-D.

We've received no word yet if Underworld: Rise of the Lycans stars Michael Sheen, Bill Nighy and Rhona Mitra, or former franchise stars Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman will return for the next film.

Back in February, we reported that the studio was pleased with the performance of the prequel that opened on January 23. The film was made for just $35 million and earned $91.1 million worldwide, not counting DVD and Blu-ray sales.

Stay tuned for more on the next installment as it comes in!

UNDERWORLD 4 Set for 2011 - Mania.com
Fourth Underworld will be in 3D in 2011.

By Jarrod Sarafin August 08, 2009
Source: Shock Til You Drop

Posted Image
Blil Nighy stars in Screen Gems' action thriller UNDERWORLD: RISE OF THE LYCANS.
© © 2008 Lakeshore Entertainment Group LLC. A year and a half after producers hinted of plans for a Underworld 4 in development, Shock Til You Drop is reporting the fourth installment is officially a "go" for Sony Screen Gems and it's currently set to hit theaters sometime in January 2011.

While it's way too early to know which characters will return for this next sequel the studio is setting its sights on developing the project in 3D format.

We've received no word yet if Underworld: Rise of the Lycans stars Michael Sheen, Bill Nighy and Rhona Mitra, or former franchise stars Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman will return for the next film.

Click here for the full story.

Underworld 4 to Hit Theaters in January 2011 | WorstPreviews.com

Screen Gems Moving Ahead with Underworld 4 - ComingSoon.net

BD Horror News - A Return to the 'Underworld' with a Fourth Film in 3-D

Varför ska allt göras i 3D nu för tiden?

Edited by Georgia, 14 March 2012 - 22:25.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#2 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 23:34

Låt det stanna vid en triologi istället, så bra var det faktiskt inte.

Winter is Coming

#3 Supertreck

Supertreck

Senior Commodore

• Aktiv member
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:03

Får migrän av 3d-brillor. Försökte se en film i 3d för några veckor sen som visades på nån kanal.
Klarade inte av mer en fem minuter och måste ta alvedon :(

#4 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:27

Hoppas att den 4:e filmen blir en uppföljning på 2:an då, annars kan det lika gott vara.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#5 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:30

Väntar på att jag skall få tag på den tredje filmen - sedan tänkte jag se dem i närheten av varandra. :) Väntar tills dess med och hylla eller sänka det här projektet.

Supertreck: Den nya 3D-tekniken finns än så länge bara på bio. ;)

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#6 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 11 August 2009 - 15:56

Upcoming Underworld 3D movie to start new trilogy? | SCI FI Wire

Posted Image

With one released-out-of-order trilogy under its belt, comprising Underworld, Underworld: Evolution and the prequel Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, Screen Gems might be gearing up to start a new Underworld trilogy, according to ShockTillYouDrop.

The new Underworld movie, now in development as a 3D release, could be the kick off for a new story arc centered around fan favorite Selene, the female vampire Death Dealer who had been an elite soldier in a centuries-long war between clans of vampires and werewolves.

There is no word yet on whether or not Kate Becksinsale will reprise her role as Selene.

The new 3D Underworld movie is scheduled for a January of 2011 release.

Edited by Georgia, 11 August 2009 - 15:56.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#7 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 10:06

The Shield Writer to Pen Underworld 4
November 20, 2009

"The Shield" writer John Hlavin has been hired to pen Underworld 4 for Screen Gems and Lakeshore.

Len Wiseman, who directed the first two films in the vampire-vs.-werewolf saga, is producing with Gary Lucchesi, Tom Rosenberg and Richard Wright of Lakeshore.

The fourth installment does not yet have a director attached and neither Kate Beckinsale or Rhona Mitra have signed to return.

Hlavin said the plot is under wraps, "but I can tell you it's not a prequel." He added, "It will satisfy old fans and excite new audiences, meaning that we don't want to redo the first three movies, so steps are being taken to honor what fans have loved but at the same time introduce fresh elements."

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#8 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 14:29

Regissörer blir svenska duon Måns Mårling och Björn Stein. Tidigare har de bl a gjort Storm (2005) och första Hollywoodfilmen Shelter (2010) med Julianne Moore. J. Michael Straczynsk är inblandad i manusarbetet tillsammans med John Hlavin. Premiärdatum är satt till 20 januari 2012.

Ny titel: Underworld 4: New Dawn

Synopsis
After being held in a coma-like state for fifteen years, vampire Selene (Kate Beckinsale) learns that she has a fourteen-year-old vampire/Lycan hybrid daughter, Nissa, and when she finds her they must stop BioCom from creating super Lycans that will kill them all.

Källa: Collider

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#9 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 23 November 2010 - 14:40

Du glömde att dem gjorde TV-serien De Drabbade också. Dammit! :angry:

Som sagt, ett måste se. Nu måste jag bara se tvåan först. ^^
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#10 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 22:09

Men jag visste ju att du skulle lägga till det. ;)

#11 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 23 November 2010 - 22:12

Äntligen en uppföljning. :)
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#12 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 22:28

Ska bli intressant att se vad Stein och Mårlind kan hitta på, tycker de är lite ojämna. Och JMS i manusarbetet, inte helt fel :)

Winter is Coming

#13 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 22:29

Och en intervju med den svenska duon finns att läsa på Moviezine för intresserade.

Jag tycker också det ska bli intressant att se vad de hittar på. Underworld kan behöva lite nytt blod som nytändning. :)

Edited by Synon, 23 November 2010 - 22:30.

#14 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:49

Ny titel (igen): Underworld Awakening

#15 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 16:49

Den första trailern. Jag är inte överdrivet förtjust i dom tidigare filmerna men det har slutat med att jag har sett dom. Denna film har ju dessutom ett par intressanta regissörer så det blir väl att jag ser även den här filmen i slutänden. Dock inte på bio och i 3D kan jag säga redan nu. Trailern var väl okej.

#16 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 18:35

Svenskarna Mårlind och Stein har tidigare regisserat (bland annat) svenska filmen Storm (2005) och visst kan man förstå att de fick förtroendet att regissera Underworld. Vilket ska tilläggas de gör ett gott arbete med och följer troget Wisemans vision av franchisen. Det är snyggt filmat och actionspäckat utan att tappa tempo eller bli tråkigt. Kate Beckinsale kickar arsel lika smäckert som latexdressen sitter klistrad på hennes kropp. Men väntar man sig något djupare så lär man bli besviken. Syftet är ren och skär underhållning och underhållen blir man uppbackad av skön musik. Ska jag anmärka på något (förutom att jag blir lite mätt på alla närbilder på CGI-lykanerna) är det besvikelsen som uppstod när inte dottern stod upp liksom Neo i Matrix – “She’s the One!”. :D Men visst, hon är ung och inte medveten om alla – förmodade – krafter hon besitter. Kanske får se mer av den varan i 5:an…?