Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 01 May 2008 - 19:02

Första filmen har knappt haft premiär. (Diskuteras här i forumet). Och redan så snackas det om en uppföljare som ska komma 2010.

IMDb: Iron Man 2 (2010)

IRON MAN 2 to Begin Production Quickly!
Written by Stephanie Sanchez
Thursday, 01 May 2008

IESB's Robert Sanchez attended the red carpet premiere of IRON MAN in Los Angeles yesterday and spoke to several filmmakers and cast. What's the word on the street? IRON MAN 2 is coming…quickly!

Although filmmakers and cast tend to be closed-lipped about sequels, most likely due to not wanting to sound pompous or too sure of themselves or maybe they're just afraid of the dreadful JINX! In any case, the best people to get info from on a film is from the behind the scenes crew.

Last night, we did just that. Downey's trainer, Brad Bose, told the IESB that he starts training with Downey just after this final premiere in LA (Downey has had a few months off in between going to work on Ben Stiller's TROPIC THUNDER). Then, he will have him ready to wear the suit again in just 5 months. This time around he wants to put an extra 10 pounds on the actor, for a little more bulk.

So most likely, fan can look for a production start in early 2009 for IRON MAN 2. The first film is tracking highly and can expect a BIG box-office opening weekend.

Iron Man 2 in 2010?
Source: Entertainment Tonight
May 1, 2008

Entertainment Tonight attended the Iron Man premiere and got a chance to speak to Viacom and CBS Executive Chairman Sumner Redstone and Paramount Pictures CEO Brad Grey who said that if the movie does as well as expected, the studio will be looking to release the sequel in 2010.

What's interesting is that The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has already "claimed" the first weekend of the summer that year (May 7, 2010), but if you look at the calendar, Iron Man 2 could easily open on April 30, which is a Friday, essentially giving it almost a similar release date as the first film.

Oh! And while press screenings did not have a certain scene after the credits, when Iron Man is released in theaters tonight, it IS expected to have it... so, be sure to stay after the credits!

Edited by Georgia, 12 January 2010 - 22:02.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#2 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 01 May 2008 - 19:03

De har ju redan planer för de 2 uppföljarna och vad de ska hanfdla om så jag är inte förvånad alls.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#3 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 13:34

Är första filmen bra så kommer det bli kul att få fler filmer. :)

Edited by Cartman, 02 May 2008 - 13:34.

#4 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 05 May 2008 - 14:12

istället för att klippa och klistra in denna artikel i 4 olika inägg så hamnar den här, eftersom Iron Man 2 är första filmen att komma av de fyra som nämns.

Marvel Studios Sets Four More Release Dates!
Source: Yahoo! Finance
May 5, 2008

Marvel Entertainment released their first quarter report to its shareholders this morning to coincide with the announcement about the success this past weekend of Marvel Studios' first production Iron Man, which grossed an estimated $100.7 million domestically and over $200 million worldwide. The announcement included an update of Marvel Studios' feature film slate with the already-rumored Iron Man 2 announced for a release on April 30, 2010, followed by three more movies for the summers of '10 and '11. Matthew Vaughn's Thor is set for a release on June 4, 2010, and The First Avenger: Captain America (the working title) will kick off the summer of 2011 on May 6, followed by the highly-anticipated and foreshadowed The Avengers scheduled for July 2011. (Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is also listed as being in development with no release date set.)

With that in mind, one can start expecting a lot more announcements in the coming months about creative teams and casting for those movies including who might direct the Captain America and Avengers movies. (Whomever plays Steve Rogers AKA Captain America presumably will be making two movies at once.)

There will be a webcast for investors at 9AM Eastern at www.Marvel.com/webcasts where the same information should be relayed.

Thor tråden
Captain America tråden
The Avengers tråden

Ett par inlägg som handlade om Avengers teamet har flyttats dit.

Nu har även Marvel gått ut med nyheten att fyra filmer kommer under 2010-2011. Respektive film har en egen tråd så försök hålla diskussionerna där, fast jag vet att det kanske kan bli lite svårt.

Edited by Georgia, 05 May 2008 - 18:10.

I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#5 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:23

Nu när jag sett Iron Man så vill jag mer än gärna ha fler filmer.

Bring it on! :thumbsup:

#6 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 06 May 2008 - 18:11

Scoop: Iron Man 2 Plot And Villain Details

Marvel Studios made it official yesterday, announcing that Iron Man 2 is now a sure thing. That means it’s time to start thinking about what direction they’ll go for the sequel, and don’t think for a minute that Marvel doesn’t already have plans.

Tonight I got a message from a long time friend of the site, and one of our most spot on, regular scoopers. She’s had her ears out, and tells us she knows some of the things currently being considered for the next Iron Man movie.

Apparently the Samuel L. Jackson cameo after the credits in Iron Man wasn’t just a throwaway. Our scooper says his Nick Fury character will figure prominently into the next movie. One of the plot lines being pushed for the sequel has Jackson’s Nick Fury character enlisting the help of Tony Stark in going after a terrorist called The Mandarin.

If you know anything about Iron Man outside the movie, then you know that The Mandarin is one of his most notorious villains. The movie actually alludes to him. The terrorist group which captures Tony Stark at the beginning of the film is named “The Ten Rings”, a reference to the ten rings of power the Mandarin seeks in the comics.

We don’t know if the ten rings will still be a part of the character, but our scooper does say he’ll “have a monster at his disposal by the name of Fin Fang Foom.” That might be a nice change of pace. Give Iron Man something to fight besides his mirror image in a bigger suit. Meanwhile Fin Fang Foom also plays a role in Iron Man comic lore. In the comics, he’s an extraterrestrial dragon.

In addition to new bad guys, our source says they may be planning to involve other superheroes in the film. Maybe in the form of the cameo Iron Man is supposed to do later this summer in The Incredible Hulk. Chief among those is Thor, who may show up in more than just a cameo, possibly helping Iron Man. Thor has his own movie coming out the same summer Iron Man 2 hits, so that makes a certain kind of sense. It would be a way for Marvel to get people interested in a superhero franchise which, really isn’t as high-profile. Other possible superhero cameos include Hawkeye and Black Widow.

While our source for this is tried and true, please keep in mind that none of this is final yet. It’s still very very early in the Iron Man 2 production phase. With no script yet, anything could change, and with Iron Man 2 not being released till 2010, we’re going to have plenty of time to talk about it.

#7 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 05 June 2008 - 18:06

Jon Favreau on Iron Man 2!

#8 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 22:20

Georgias scoop lät ju riktigt trevligt, och Favreau har lite intressanta saker att säga han med. Tar dom bara tid att tänka igenom det hela så kan det bli riktigt bra. =) Igen.

#9 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts
  • Interests:Serier, musik, konst, teckning.

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:07

Men det vore synd om en film som Hancock, som på förhand inte verkar särskilt intressant alls, skulle sätta stopp för "Demon in a bottle"-storyn. Det är en av de mer klassiska stories som har kommit ut med Iron Man, och det är ju så klassiskt Marvel med så "mänskliga" problem. Dessutom antyddes det ganska rejält i ettan, det var inte sällan man såg Tony Stark med en drink i handen.

Edit: Oooops vad fel det kan bli ibland. Tack där, Predabot. :D

Edited by Kermit, 08 June 2008 - 01:24.

*Hockey och superhjältar*

#10 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 17:38

Inte sällan menar du väl snarare? ;)

Och förvisso vore det väl synd om Hancock gör det, men det var faktiskt inte en tanke som jag alls tänkt innan.

Kan ju bero på att jag inte alls följt synopsis för Hancock, då den inte intresserat mig alls, så jag har inte vetat nåt annat om den än att den handlar om en fallen hjälte som försöker bättra på sin image. Nån sorts komedi.

Tror fortfarande inte att den filmen kommer påverka så mycket. Vote förresten intressant om dom inte går "all-out" i 2an, med alkoholismen, utan dom bygger upp grunden lite mer bara, och så i 3an, sista filmen så får vi se hur Tony verkligen får kämpa med det hela.

Vill ju nämligen se en hel del fightande mellan Iron Man och hans nemesis... MANDARIN! ^^ Tio ringar, varenda en kan ensam besegra Iron Man.

Demon in a Bottle handlar ju inte så mycket om action och Tony's motståndare, utan det handlar ju mest om striden mot Tony's egna beroende. T ex så är ju skurken den bleke Justin Hammer som köper upp Stark Enterprises då Tony missköter affärerna kontinuerligt.

#11 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 08 June 2008 - 15:52

'Iron Man 2' to start filming March 2009?

In an interview with Military.com, Terrence Howard talks about playing Tony Stark's military liaison in 'Iron Man'. The article also provides this bit of info about the timetable for the sequel:

Terrence Howard, who is currently performing on Broadway in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," will begin filming for 'Iron Man II' in March, with a release date of April 2010, he said.

#12 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 10 July 2008 - 18:48

Jon Favreau Signed for Iron Man 2 - Superhero Hype!

Source: Deadline Hollywood Daily
July 10, 2008

Deadline Hollywood Daily reports that director Jon Favreau has reached a deal with Marvel Studios to direct Iron Man 2, which is targeted for an April 30, 2010 release.

Robert Downey Jr. had a sequel clause in his contract so he's on board. We assume that Terrence Howard and Gwyneth Paltrow will return as well.

Budgeted for about $140 million, the first film has earned a massive $563.8 million worldwide.

#13 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 18:30

Heh heh heh. :D Dom där pengarna kommer komma väl till pass för Marvel's framtida filmer.

#14 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:47

Ain't It Cool - Iron Man 2 To Be Penned By Tropic Thunder Screenwriter Justin Theroux?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Screenwriter Justin Theroux (the fast-approaching Ben Stiller comedy Tropic Thunder) is negotiating to write Iron Man 2, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The widely acclaimed Tropic Thunder, which co-stars Iron Man star Robert Downey Jr., was the first produced screenplay for Theroux, who previously made his mark as an actor in projects like Mulholland Dr and Six Feet Under.

The same piece indicates "ron Ma" director Jon Favreau is negotiating to helm the Marvel sequel.

Find all of the Reporter’s story on the matter here.

Om det nu stämmer att Jon Favreau är klar som regissör till filmen så kanske även detta rykte är sant? :)

#15 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 15:38

Hmm... vem var det som skrev film nr 1? Varför kan inte han skriva film nr2? Är lite osäker på den här nye killen det ryktas om.

#16 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 15:52

IMDb listar följande angående film 1.

Writing credits
(WGA)
Mark Fergus (screenplay) &
Hawk Ostby (screenplay) and
Art Marcum (screenplay) &
Matt Holloway (screenplay)

Hittade detta tidigare idag efter min första post. Man ska väl ta allt med en nypa salt men IGN säger: Tropic Thunder Writer Confirmed for Iron Man 2. Ingen artikel har hittills nämt eller spekulerat i varför manusförfattare till den första filmen inte ska skriva manus för film 2.

Tycker också det är lite lustigt att dom byter ut ett vinnande koncept.

Edited by Cartman, 16 July 2008 - 15:53.

#17 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 15 August 2008 - 18:44

Robert Downey Jr. on Iron Man Sequels - Superhero Hype!
Source: RazorHawk
August 15, 2008

Iron Man and Tropic Thunder star Robert Downey Jr. visited "Live with Regis and Kelly" this morning to promote the latter, but he was asked by Regis Philbin about Iron Man 2.

Downey Jr. would only confirm that it is happening and said he thought they would end up making a trilogy of it. He did, however, hint that he was willing to make more films beyond a trilogy!

Downey Jr. will soon start filming the Guy Ritchie-directed Sherlock Holmes and will then shoot Iron Man 2 for an April 30, 2010 release.

#18 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 21 August 2008 - 18:01

Favreau Gets to Work on Iron Man 2 - Superhero Hype!
Source: Los Angeles Times
August 21, 2008

The Los Angeles Times talked to Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau, who says they have started working on the sequel:

I just talked to Jon Favreau a bit ago, and he said that while there hasn't been an formal announcement on the sequel to "Iron Man," he's begun developing it. "We're working on it now," he said, "which hasn't been officially announced. It will be released in 2010."

Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures are targeting an April 30, 2010 release date in order to be the first film to kick-off that summer, much like Iron Man did on May 2nd of this year.

Justin Theroux (Tropic Thunder) is writing the script and in addition to Robert Downey Jr., the first film's co-stars Gwyneth Paltrow and Terrence Howard are expected to return as well.

#19 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 11 September 2008 - 22:54

Iron Man 2 in 3D? Favreau Wants to Shoot Scenes in IMAX! | /Film

Like many of you, when I first saw The Dark Knight on the IMAX screen, I knew then that Hollywood had no choice but to follow Nolan’s lead, at least on some of the big tentpole films. How could they not? The footage was just that incredible. Our friends at Collider were at an Iron Man DVD press conference today when director Jon Favreau announced that he would love to shoot part of Iron Man 2 with IMAX cameras. Not only that but the director also said he would love to shoot the sequel in 3D. Will it happen? It will all come down to costs.

Seeing Iron Man flying around the screen in 3D could be very cool, but also limiting. Filming in 3D means that you have to do shorter cuts so that the audience won’t suffer from eye fatigue. However, I think Marvel would be stupid not to shoot some sequences in IMAX. The result for The Dark Knight is undeniable. Many fans went to the theaters twice just to see it again on the huge screen. An extra $60 million from the IMAX box office is certainly enough to at least consider the idea.

#20 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 12 September 2008 - 01:21

Om de kunde ge Sverige en vettig IMAX-biograf så kanske någon hade brytt sig? Just nu har vi en IMAX i Stockholm som inte visar i 3D. Jätte kul.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts

#21 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 12 September 2008 - 16:01

IESB.net - Movie News, Reviews, Interviews and More! - COMPLETE Transcript of Jon Favreau on IRON MAN!
Written by Stephanie Sanchez
Friday, 12 September 2008

IESB attended a press conference yesterday with Stan Lee and Jon Favreau and it was all about IRON MAN!

Favs talked at length about the success of the first film, what he'd like to see happen in the next one, how the Avengers fits in, use of the Mandarin villain, different studios' business models on superhero sequels, the success and impact of The Dark Knight, Iron Man 2 in IMAX and possible 3D, being a DJ, how 9/11 changed the template of superhero movies, keeping productions in California, our country's political climate as it stands and where it's headed and SO much more!

Don't let other sites fool you, IESB has got the COMPLETE and I mean COMPLETE transcript of the hour long conversation below. No editing out questions you don't feel are relevant, shortening up answers using ...

This is the real deal, Favs word for word and, man, does he have a lot to say, but don't worry, it's a lot of good stuff, interesting stuff I think you all would really enjoy.

So sit back, get comfy and read on...

/.../

Edited by Georgia, 12 September 2008 - 16:02.

#22 PredaBot

PredaBot

Rear Admiral

• 2,983 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 20:28

Mycket intressant! :)

Låter som om att Favreu har många bra ideér och kan göra många bra saker, om han bara håller blicken framåt, på rätt ställe.

#23 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 29 September 2008 - 22:14

Premiärdatum framflyttad en vecka.

Marvel Movies Date Updates from Paramount

We've just got word that there are some changes to the CBM calendar. Check out which films are affected.

Here's the meat and potatoes...

May 7th, 2010 - Iron Man 2
July 16, 2010 - The Mighty Thor: July 16, 2010
May 6, 2011 - The First Avenger: Captain America
July 15, 2011 - The Avengers

Marvel Entertainment's studio arm and Paramount pictures said today that they have agreed to partner for distribution and release of five self-produced feature films on a worldwide basis. The highly anticipated live action releases include Iron Man 2 (May 7, 2010), Thor (July 16, 2010), The First Avenger: Captain America (May 6, 2011), and The Avengers (July 15, 2011). The distribution agreement also includes Iron Man 3.

"Coming off of 'Iron Man's' incredible success this summer, we could not be more excited about extending our relationship with Marvel," said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures. "Marvel's iconic brand, its popular characters and its proven ability to create compelling and visually spellbinding films complement Paramount's great history of filmmaking. We look forward to a long and successful run together."

"Paramount is an excellent partner and an outstanding global distributor," said David Maisel, Chairman of Marvel Studios. "Through our experience on 'Iron Man,' Paramount has demonstrated a passion and ability to release Marvel properties theatrically, allowing us to focus on making great movies for the largest audience possible."

I de andra tre trådarna postade jag bara premiärdatum för filmerna men här lägger jag in hela artikeln.

Planeras visst för en tredje film också :)
Blir det mer prat om det så startar vi upp en egen tråd för den filmen, men det kommer väl antagligen dröja ett tag.

#24 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 02 October 2008 - 18:56

Favreau talks about IRON MAN 2 and AVENGERS | Mania.com

#25 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 19:40

Det om en 3:e film är gammalt. Serien är tänkt som en Trilogi där Iron Man ska träffa sin Nemesis i sista filmen som känns av redan i 1-2.
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts