Photo

Neuromancer - William Gibsons bok blir film

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Fiskrens

Fiskrens

Social kameleont

• 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy, Familj, Rollspel, Sci-Fi, Karate, Film, Musik, Gitarrspelande i varierande ordning.

Posted 08 August 2012 - 19:30

Mm, du har en poäng där: beror mycket på hur man gör tolkningen. Jag tänkte mer i termerna att berättelsens tema förekommit så ofta och influerat så mycket filmer i princip ända sedan boken gavs ut. Men du ger mig faktiskt lite förhoppning igen :).

Håller inte med dig om Wahlbergs förmåga, även om du har rätt om åldern; en yngre förmåga hade varit ett mer spännande val. Det är långt ifrån klart än,dock.
"It's only called paranoia if you can't prove it" - William Gibson

"It's more the way it is now than it's ever been" - Dwight David Eisenhower

"Typisk otur, Krydolf! När det regnar flyglar har den fattige inga noter" - Don Martin

#27 Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Senior Commodore

• Aktiv member
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 20:46

Andra filmer med cyberpunkdrag har väl mest varit lågbudgetverk eller vattnat ur materialet och gjort sin egen spin på det. Matrixtrilogin är nog det främsta undantaget men den har ju också en massa eget "baggage" i form av tekno-gnostiska övertoner med en dos av postapokalyps. Hollywood brukar dra sig för högkonceptuella adaptationer som inte lätt låter sig förklaras i ett par meningar så jag tror Neuromancer kan bli något speciellt men det hänger som sagt på utförandet.

Wahlberg såg jag nyligen i filmatiseringen av Max Payne, där han försökte spela en järnhård och livstrött noirsnut. Han var långt ifrån övertygande och jag är rädd att det skulle bli likadant här. Jag läste nånstans att han är aktuell för den här rollen bara för att han är kompis med producenten Lorenzo di Bonaventura. Hurra för nepotism.

#28 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 23:40

Vincenzo Natali har lämnat en liten uppdatering kring projektet.

What’s the latest progress on Neuromancer?

It continues. It seems to be indomitable. It’s a long haul, like all good things and all things like it that are audacious and challenging. It’s not on the fast track but it’s very much alive and I’m hopeful.

How close do you think the script is to a final draft?

Oh, the script has been ready for years. That’s not the holdup. The challenging part of this is putting the money together. It’s big movie.

So you cracked the script?

I think I have, yes. Strangely, that wasn’t the hard part. I benefited, first of all, from developing the script very much with the influence of William Gibson, which was tremendously helpful. Then I also had, frankly, the benefit of looking at all the versions previous to mine and learning from their mistakes. I had a lot of beta testing before I went in and did my version. Actually, I’m quite faithful to the book. I basically went back to the book and made some alterations to contemporize it but it’s in there. The book is very dense, but the trick is just kind of knowing what strands to follow. In fact, it wasn’t all that difficult.

#29 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:10

Liv i skutan iaf; alltid något.

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#30 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 22:04

Filmatiseringen lever fortfarande. Nu med hjälp av kinesiska finansiärer. Kvar i projektet från tidgare verkar dock bara vara en av producenterna och nu letar man efter både någon som kan skriva ett manus och någon som kan regissera. Så man är väl mer eller mindre tillbaka på ruta ett och trampar.

Chinese outfit C2M Media Group has come on board to co-develop and co-finance long-gestating sci-fi feature Neuromancer with UK sales team GFM Films.

Producer Lucas Foster is currently in talks with new writers and a director on the project.

Neuromancer will be a meaningful co-production”, said Josh Dong, president of C2M. “C2M will collaborate with GFM not only in financing, but also in script development, film production and global distribution”.

Guy Collins, Partner of GFM Films added: “This strategic working relationship with C2M adds strength to GFM’s film slate. I have been impressed on my visits to China this year on the knowledge, enthusiasm and willingness I have experienced to explore new opportunities.”

C2M partner Mike Hsu introduced the partnership between C2M and GFM.

GFM will be looking to feed the film through the recently inked China-UK co-production agreement.

Edited by Garm, 21 May 2015 - 22:05.