Photo

Wrath of the Titans (Clash of the Titans 2)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:57

Läste precis en artikel att en uppföljare är på g - why? Ok, den drog in en massa cash men ändock... Jag var ju ej överdrivet förtjust i den första (remaken), men kan ändå inte låta bli att vara nyfiken på uppföljaren. Jag menar, den kan väl inte bli sämre? Eller? Alla karaktärer/skådisar som överlevde kommer åter i uppföljaren som min käre Sam Worthington. Förhoppningsvis går det bättre denna gång så att jag får njuta av denna charmör Posted Image Warner Bros. är ivriga att sätta igång omgående, särskilt så att Worthington hinner filma denna innan han hugger tag i Avatar 2. Men det får ju en att undra över resultatet - kan ju inte vara bra att stressa fram något? Nåja, ska bli intressant att se resultatet iaf.

Louis Leterrier kommer ej att regissera uppföljaren, men finns med som producent. Ska vi gissa på att den blir i 3D? Kanske t.o.m bättre konverterad denna gång? Posted Image

Creative Lineup Shuffles Loom For 'Clash Of The Titans' And 'Journey To The Center of The Earth' Sequels
Tuesday April 27, 2010

EXCLUSIVE: Who said the franchise business was easy? Two big Warner Bros sequels are in the offing, and both of them are wrestling with major elements changes from the original moneymakers. Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures are moving ahead with a sequel to Clash of the Titans, which the studio would like as early as spring, 2012. But they will make the journey without Louis Leterrier, who will not return for an encore as director. Sam Worthington will return, as well as most every other character that survived. Greg Berlanti will write the story and the studio is already canvassing the agencies for a writer and director who can whip the movie into shape to shoot before Worthington makes Avatar 2. Leterrier will remain peripherally involved as executive producer. It isn't unheard of for the original director of a big hit film to drop off the sequel--Doug Liman on The Bourne Identity comes to mind--and insiders swear that the Leterrier move was harmonious and are saying he wasn't of a mind to rush into another installment of Greek mythological mayhem. The original has grossed around $390 million, on a $120 million budget with no real gross outlay. By the time it's done, Clash will be one of the year's biggest hits.

[..]

Edit: Ny titel på filmen.

Edit: Lagt till premiärdatum.

Edited by Georgia, 02 April 2012 - 15:42.

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#2 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:30

Nej, den blir inte bättre konverterad denna gång - den blir inspelad i 3D! :o

Sam Worthington pratade lite kort om filmen med ComingSoon.net:

[..]
"[It} will be 3D this time," said Worthington, making it clear that he himself wasn't happy with the post-conversion process of the first film, "Shot in 3D. Do put that in and make them f--king aware... When I read Clash 2, they came to me the other day. I said, 'I kinda dig where it's going, but can we make the character more of this? Can we make it more of that? Can I get to play a lot more and get involved and have a lot more f--king fun than just being a young man who has to stand there and look pretty?' I'm sick of doing that, so it's kind of a case of, 'How do we make Perseus a lot more fun?' So we're sort of shaping it down that track. And Warner Bros. has been nice enough to give us a bit on input."

Worthington also touched upon the changes that Clash of the Titans went through between the script and the screen.

"The movies always change. It suddenly became a rolling, runaway train in some parts. In regards to the conversion, I'm a Jim Cameron boy, so people know my opinions."
[..]

Verkar som att Sam inte heller var speciellt nöjd med 3D-konverteringen av den första... Klart, han har ju jobbat med 3D-gurun Cameron!

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#3 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:15

Jonathan Liebesman är anlitad som regissör. Han har tidigare regisserat bl a "The Killing Room" (2009), "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning" (2006) och "Darkness Falls" (2003). Och nu senast "Battle: Los Angeles" (2011).

Källa: Heat Vision

#4 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:49

Hmm, har Jonathan Liebesman gjort något sådant stort innan? "Darkness Falls" var visseligen riktigt bra men ändå.

Iallafall så håller jag inte med om att en uppföljare låter underligt. Slutet på första filmen hintar ju rätt mycket om att det bara var början.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#5 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:10

Nja, själv tycker jag det är mer intressant om han gjort något bra efter "Darkness Falls"... ;)

Varför jag undrade över en uppföljare var mer för att den första var så usel så jag förstår inte hur de lyckades få någon att gå med på att bekosta en uppföljare... Men iofs, den första kanske drog in tillräckligt med cash? Och jag ser den som något positivt: lärt alla att inte konvertera en film till 3D i all hast för resultatet blir inte...bra.

#6 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:21

Ryktas om att Javier Bardem och James Franco ska medverka. Bardem som Ares och Franco som Agenor. Sam Worthington och Gemma Arteron är klara sen tidigare. Och ny titel på filmen ser ut att vara "Wrath of the Titans".

Källa: Latino Review

#7 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 22:20

Rosamund Pike kommer att spela Andromeda.

#8 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 23:59

Suck. Läste en artikel i Cinematical att regissören säger att filmen kommer att konverteras till 3D... Har de inte lärt sig läxan? Ok, första filmen var ett hafsjobb tack vare tidsbristen. Men jag kan tycka att det är desto viktigare att göra det bra denna gång för att inte dras ner i 3D skiten som första filmen för alltid får dras med. *Läser vidare i artikeln* Aha, det låter som att filmbolaget har ett finger med i spelet och då regissören är ute efter en viss känsla fotomässigt som ej kan uppnås digitalt enligt honom så återstår ju bara konvertering... Nåväl. Vi har blivit varnade. Själv tror jag att jag kommer att nöja mig med 2D-versionen denna gång.

#9 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:32

Produktionen har kommit igång och en pressrelease har släppts i samband med det. Intressant att filmen bara nämns som "Clash of the Titans 2" - ångrat sig om den andra titeln månntro?

Principal photography has begun on Warner Bros. Pictures' and Legendary Pictures' epic action adventure sequel to "Clash of the Titans," being directed by Jonathan Liebesman ("Battle: Los Angeles"). Returning to star in the film are Sam Worthington ("Avatar") as Perseus, and Academy Award® nominees Ralph Fiennes ("The English Patient," the "Harry Potter" films) as Hades and Liam Neeson ("Schindler's List," "Unknown") as Zeus.

A decade after his heroic defeat of the monstrous Kraken, Perseus—the demigod son of Zeus—is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and the sole parent to his 10-year old son, Helius.

Meanwhile, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Dangerously weakened by humanity's lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans and their ferocious leader, Kronos, father of the long-ruling brothers Zeus, Hades and Poseidon. The triumvirate had overthrown their powerful father long ago, leaving him to rot in the gloomy abyss of Tartarus, a dungeon that lies deep within the cavernous underworld.

Perseus cannot ignore his true calling when Hades, along with Zeus' godly son, Ares (Edgar Ramírez), switch loyalty and make a deal with Kronos to capture Zeus. The Titans' strength grows stronger as Zeus' remaining godly powers are siphoned, and hell is unleashed on earth.

Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda (Rosamund Pike), Poseidon's demigod son, Argenor (Toby Kebbell), and fallen god Hephaestus (Bill Nighy), Perseus bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.

Jonathan Liebesman directs the film from a screenplay by Dan Mazeau & David Leslie Johnson and Steven Knight, story Greg Berlanti & David Leslie Johnson & Dan Mazeau, based on the 2010 hit "Clash of the Titans" and the 1981 film of the same name, written by the late Beverley Cross.

The film is produced by Basil Iwanyk ("The Town"), who also produced the previous "Clash of the Titans," and Polly Cohen Johnsen ("Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore"). The executive producers are Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni, William Fay, Callum McDougall, Kevin De La Noy and Louis Leterrier.

Joining Worthington, Fiennes and Neeson in the international cast are Danny Huston ("Robin Hood"), reprising his role as Poseidon, god of the sea; Edgar Ramírez ("The Bourne Ultimatum," TV miniseries "Carlos") as the traitorous god of war, Ares; Bill Nighy ("Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1") as Hephaestus, whose twisted, lame figure belies his Olympian origins; Toby Kebbell ("Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time") as Agenor, imprisoned thief and son of Poseidon who joins Perseus on his journey to Tartarus; and Rosamund Pike ("Barney's Version") as Andromeda, the princess whose life Perseus once saved, and who now, as a queen, follows Perseus into battle.

The behind-the-scenes team bringing this mythical epic to life includes director of photography Ben Davis ("The Rite," "Kick Ass"); production designer Charles Wood ("The Italian Job," "The A-Team"); Academy Award®-winning editor Martin Walsh ("Chicago," "V for Vendetta"); and costume designer Jany Temime (the "Harry Potter" films). "Clash of the Titans 2" also reunites several talents from the previous film, including Oscar®-nominated visual effects supervisor Nick Davis ("The Dark Knight,"); Oscar®-nominated prosthetics supervisor Conor O'Sullivan ("The Dark Knight," "Saving Private Ryan"); and Academy Award®-winning special effects and animatronics supervisor Neil Corbould ("Gladiator"). Also on board are Oscar®-nominated makeup designer Paul Engelen ("Frankenstein," "Robin Hood") and hair designer Kevin Alexander ("Robin Hood," "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian").

"Clash of the Titans 2" will be filming in studios outside London and will later shoot on location in Surrey, South Wales and in the Spanish Canary Islands on the island of Tenerife. The film is currently scheduled for release in March 2012.

A Warner Bros. Pictures presentation, in association with Legendary Pictures, a Thunder Road Film, "Clash of the Titans 2" is being co-produced by Furia de Titanes II, A.I.E. and COTT Productions and will be distributed in 3D and 2D worldwide by Warner Bros. Entertainment Companies.

#10 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 19 December 2011 - 21:23

Trailer till filmen har dykt upp

‘Wrath of the Titans’ Theatrical Trailer | /Film

Posted Image
Does Warner Bros. not care if anyone watches the trailer for Wrath of the Titans? Less than an hour after the trailer debut for The Dark Knight Rises — the most anticipated trailer release in many months — and at the same time as Fox’s first look at Prometheus, the studio has also dropped the first footage of the sequel to Clash of the Titans.
Wrath of the Titans looks like it has gone all-out to include as much stuff as possible, but that may just be how the trailer is cut. Check it out below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVGrEIlu19o

This sequel is directed by Jonathan Liebesman (Battle: Los Angeles) and seems intent on cramming as many angry, fightin’ CGI monsters as possible. A couple of the classic Clash of the Titans elements are in here, like Pegasus and a shaggier, less-militant looking Perseus. Some of the battles do look like fun, even if there is an over all videogame feel to it. And yet another trailer use of the ‘Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)’ cover by Marilyn Manson? Whatever works, I guess.

I think Ralph Fiennes gets the best moment of the trailer, and I’m looking forward to seeing more of him. (And Toby Kebbel, too, who we don’t get to see much of.) Overall I also think I’d rather watch the weird madness of Tarsem’s Immortals, but we’ll see how Wrath plays out.
Apple has the trailer in HD. Wrath of the Titans will be unleashed on March 30, 2012.

A decade after his heroic defeat of the monstrous Kraken, Perseus (Worthington) –the demigod son of Zeus (Neeson)–is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and the sole parent to his 10-year old son, Helius. Meanwhile, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Dangerously weakened by humanity’s lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans and their ferocious leader, Kronos, father of the long-ruling brothers Zeus, Hades (Fiennes) and Poseidon (Danny Huston). The triumvirate had overthrown their powerful father long ago, leaving him to rot in the gloomy abyss of Tartarus, a dungeon that lies deep within the cavernous underworld. Perseus cannot ignore his true calling when Hades, along with Zeus’ godly son, Ares (Edgar Ramirez), switch loyalties and make a deal with Kronos to capture Zeus. The Titans’ strength grows stronger as Zeus’ remaining godly powers are siphoned, and hell is unleashed on earth. Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda (Rosamund Pike), Poseidon’s demigod son, Argenor (Toby Kebbell), and fallen god Hephaestus (Bill Nighy), Perseus bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind.

Posted Image

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#11 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 18:17

Wrath of the Titans (2012) [CotT#02] [US]
VAD? Uppföljaren till Clash of the Titans (som i sin tur var en remake på filmen som fick namnet Gudarnas Krig på svenska). Nya vindar sveper över gudavärlden och Zeus ber sonen Perseus om hjälp i kampen för att överleva.
VEM? Sam Worthington återvänder till huvudrollen och utlovar en bättre film än föregående 3D-haveri. (Av vad jag hört, själv håller jag fast vid 2D-versionerna som flugor på socker).
VAR? Vi som är pålästa vet ju givetvis att Antikens Grekland bäst spelas in på Nya Zeeland ;) men noterar nöjt att England och Kanarieöarna funkar rätt bra det med.
HUR? Storyn känns aningen vassare än i den första filmen, byggandes på samma klassiska grund som ettan så är det ett trevligt äventyr man bygger upp. Jag rullade väl lite med ögonen åt hela leva-som-en-fiskare-grejen i början men det är inget som stör storyn i stort. Special effekterna är snygga och för det mesta övertygande. (Hur övertygande nu en glödande titan kan vara på en skala). Bra karaktärer, även om jag saknade en kvinnlig gud eller två. Med tanke på hur många gudar den grekiska gudavärlden innehåller så är det förvånansvärt att så pass få lägger sig i.
NÄR? IMDb nämner att den här följs av en Clash of the Titans 3 - dock utan någon som helst information. Ärligt så har jag inget emot en film till.

Edited by XC, 09 July 2012 - 18:18.

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#12 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 13 December 2013 - 20:11

Wrath of the Titans (2012) [CotT#02] [US/ES]
?: Världen går under (igen) och som vanligt är de grekiska gudarna på tok för upptagna med sig själva för att rädda den. Mot sin vilja tvingas Perseus åter spänna på sig harnesket, greppa svärdet och rädda världen.
Låtom oss säga det tillsammans: vi älskar grekisk mytologi och vi älskar se Hollywood slakta den. »MEN« Nog är de grekiska gudarna smått kompetenta som tvingas förlita sig på halvblod för att världen skall snurra ytterligare ett varv?
I Clash of the Titans ändrade man slutet och lät Perseus få Io istället för Andromeda. »MEN« Bara så han kan få henne i den här istället.
Snyggt designad och överlag en trevlig story som går väl ihop med ettan, man slätar över det faktum att Zeus har flera oäkta söner (alla troligen hans favoriter dessutom). »MEN« Jisses, en cgi-sekvens i början är verkligen inte snygg och ser ut som något saxat ur ett gammalt tv-spel.
!: Som vanligt så är det tunnsått med kvinnliga karaktärer - där passar det minnsann Hollywood med historisk riktighet - men man försöker iaf kompensera lite genom att ge Andromeda en relativt aktiv roll. Huvudtrion karaktärer (Perseus, Andromeda och Agenor) är ett välformerat gäng där Agenors förvandlig från tokfrans till gudason ger lite dynamik åt vänskapen dem emellan. Det är lite trist däremot att den grekiska gudavärlden kokas ned till 4 gudar; man tycker ju att om Kronos är på G att återvända till de levandes skara så borde kanske någon mer 2a-gerationsgud än bara Ares visa intresse? Hur som haver, fortfarande pepp är jag på Clash of the Titans 3 iaf.

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#13 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 00:45

Omsedd nästan ett och ett halvt år senare. :)

Undrar om jag inte har den här liggandes? Är rädd för att jag kan ha blandat ihop det med remaken. En av nackdelarna med att inte ha ordentliga filmlistor.

Jag tänkte ta mig an filmerna och såg ju för ett tag sedan om originalet, sedan skulle jag ha följt upp med remaken och den här. Men det blev liksom aldrig av. Jag hoppas att få tummen ur någon gång. För den här verkar ju bra.

VAR? Vi som är pålästa vet ju givetvis att Antikens Grekland bäst spelas in på Nya Zeeland ;) men noterar nöjt att England och Kanarieöarna funkar rätt bra det med.

:xena: Så sant som det är sagt.

I Clash of the Titans ändrade man slutet och lät Perseus få Io istället för Andromeda. »MEN« Bara så han kan få henne i den här istället.

Undrar om man gjorde det innan eller efter att man visste om att det skulle bli en uppföljare? Känns nästan som det sistnämnda.

Edited by Garm, 14 December 2013 - 00:47.