Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 01 July 2008 - 18:14

Dabel Brothers Publishing :: News :: Robert Jordan's Bestselling Wheel of Time Series joins the Dabel Brothers Line-up!

Dabel Brothers Publishing announced today that they will adapt Robert Jordan's bestselling Wheel of Time series, which has sold more than 14 million copies in North America alone, into comic book format. The first issue is scheduled to release in December 2008.

The Wheel of Time began in 1990 with the publication of The Eye of the World; ten more volumes have followed. The most recent four books of the series have reached #1 on the New York Times hardcover bestseller list. It is the story of a world – both our past, and our future – in which the battle between the Light and the Shadow must be fought every day; and of the people, both ordinary and extraordinary, who must fight that battle. Jordan wrote eleven volumes of the series and one prequel; he was unable to complete the twelfth and final volume before his death in 2007. That volume, A Memory of Light, will be completed by Brandon Sanderson, a writer chosen by Jordan's widow and editor, Harriet McDougal, and published by Tor Books in 2009.

The Dabel Brothers published a comic adaptation of Jordan's A New Spring in March 2005. In conjunction with that project, Robert Jordan provided them with extensive notes for use in further possible publications, including character descriptions and other visuals.

"I'm delighted to be working with the Dabel Brothers! Their work is splendid. Robert Jordan liked it enormously," says Harriet McDougal.

Graphic-novel collected editions of the individual comics will be distributed by Del Rey, an imprint of Ballantine Books at the Random House Publishing Group. The deal was negotiated by Jordan's agent, Nat Sobel.

Robert Jordan was born in 1948 in Charleston, South Carolina. He taught himself to read when he was four with the incidental aid of a twelve-years-older brother, and was tackling Mark Twain and Jules Verne by five. He was a graduate of The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, with a degree in physics. He served two tours in Vietnam with the U.S. Army; among his decorations are the Distinguished Flying Cross with bronze oak leaf cluster, the Bronze Star with "V" and bronze oak leaf cluster, and two Vietnamese Gallantry Crosses with Palm. A history buff, he also wrote dance and theater criticism. He enjoyed the outdoor sports of hunting, fishing and sailing, and the indoor sports of poker, chess, pool, and pipe collecting. He began writing in 1977 and continued until his death on September 16, 2007.

Posted Image

För tre år sen kom prologen New Spring ut med 5 nummer.
Tyvärr så blev den aldrig avslutad för nummer 6 dök aldrig upp :( kanske den gör det nu när nya serien kommer.

Edited by Georgia, 10 February 2009 - 20:37.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#2 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 01 July 2008 - 18:33

Efter vad jag hörde (kanske till och med var G som sade det) så stoppades New Spring för att företaget bakom (minns inte vilket nu) inte lyckades hålla utgivningsdatumen. Lite synd - det är en grymt bra story. Kul att resten av serien ligger i startgroparna trots det. Och det där är en grymt snygg logotyp. Undrar hur många tidningar man drar ut det på? Den serien har väl tillräckligt med material för och täcka upp åtminstone det här seklet ut? :P

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#3 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 10 February 2009 - 20:34

Dabel Brothers Publishing :: News :: Tor & Dabel Brothers Announce Wheel of Time® Comics Schedule
Robert Jordan’s beloved series of novels being adapted to comics, first books shipping April ‘09

ATLANTA, GA – February 7, 2009 – Dabel Brothers Publishing, in collaboration with Tor Books, is pleased to announce more details and the publishing schedule for Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time comic books and graphic novels. All the books will be produced by the Dabel Brothers, who will be working with Robert Jordan’s estate, and be published initially as comics, then collected and published as graphic novel collections by Tor Books.

In the last few years before his death, Robert Jordan worked closely with the Dabel Brothers on graphic adaptations of his bestselling Wheel of Time series. The first fruit of this collaboration was the comic book adaptation of New Spring, the New York Times bestselling prequel to the series.

The New Spring comic series, which is 8 issues long, was started in 2005 and was published up through issue #5. It tells the story of the search for the infant Dragon Reborn and of the adventures of Moiraine Damodred, a young Aes Sedai, and Lan Mandragoran, the uncrowned king of a long-dead nation. Dabel Brothers Publishing will be finishing the series in 2009, with issue #6 shipping in April, and issues 7 and 8 each shipping on a monthly basis thereafter.

Also in April ‘09, Dabel Brothers Publishing will be releasing Dragonmount #0, which is a prequel and lead-in to the graphical adaptation The Eye of the World, the best-selling first volume of Robert Jordan’s acclaimed fantasy series, The Wheel of Time. The Dabels will be launching The Eye of the World in May. The book will feature art by Chase Conley, with Chuck Dixon helming the script adaptation. Subsequent issues will ship on a regular monthly basis.

Tor Books is proud to publish the New Spring graphic novel in November 2009. The Dabel Bros. will be adding special bonus material to the book, including developmental art, pages from scripts, and correspondence between Robert Jordan and Chuck Dixon. New Spring the graphic novel will also have a stunning, brand new, fully painted cover by artist Michael Kormarck.

Tor will publish the first Eye of the World graphic novel in July 2010. This graphic novel will collect the first 6 issues of the Eye of the World comic book and will feature similar bonus material and added content from the Dabels, as well as striking new cover art. Future graphic novel collections will be released on a regular basis, approximately every nine months.

Universal Pictures acquired the movie rights to The Wheel of Time in August 2008, and currently plan to adapt The Eye of the World as the first movie. The last four volumes in the series have reached #1 on the New York Times bestseller list and the 11 Wheel of Time novels published so far have sold more than 44 million copies worldwide.

I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#4 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 10 February 2009 - 22:22

Jaa! :hurrah:

fqq5BYam.jpg

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#5 King Cobra

King Cobra

Ensign

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 22:37

hehe läste lite inlägg i den gamla tråden :)
1. Elyas borde man veta vilken roll han hade om man läst böckerna :)
2. Moiraines hårfärg är självklar...mörkt! Det har beskrivits massor av gånger i böckerna.

Jag ser verkligen fram mot detta, jag har försökt att få tag på de första nummren, men misslyckats. Hoppas dom släpper no 1-5 på nytt igen så man kan köpa dom.

#6 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 17 March 2009 - 18:16

Följ länken för att smygtitta på sidorna

Dabel Brothers Publishing :: News :: Dabel Brothers Sneak Peek of "The Wheel of Time: Eye of the World #0 - Dragonmount

Dabel Brothers Publishing is proud to provide a sneak peak of the first 10 inked pages to "The Wheel of Time: Eye of the World #0 - Dragonmount", with art by Chase Conley. The series is being adapted to comics by Chuck Dixon.

The Wheel of Time saga begins here with the "Fall of the Dragon" and the "Breaking of the World" in this prelude issue to the ongoing series. Look for a full digitally painted and lettered preview of these pages in the coming weeks.

Universal Pictures acquired the movie rights to The Wheel of Time in August 2008, and currently have plans to adapt The Eye of the World as the first movie. The last four volumes in the series have reached #1 on the New York Times bestseller list and the 11 Wheel of Time novels published so far have sold more than 44 million copies worldwide, 15 million in North America alone, making Robert Jordan today's pre-eminent fantasy storyteller and this comic series one of the most highly anticipated in recent years.

"The Wheel of Time: Eye of the World #0 - Dragonmount" hits stores everywhere April 29th.

Please check our website www.dabelbrothers.com for updates.

#7 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 17 March 2009 - 23:27

Det här gör mig helt skakis i hela kroppen! :thumbsup: Känns som att en stor dröm går i uppfyllelse. Och det ser dessutom väldigt bra ut. :) Jag hoppas bara att de gör det nogrant och inte skyndar genom serien.
Att där ska släppas ett Album typ vart 6:e nummer, hoppas verkligen att det inte betyder att de ska korta ned varje bok till 6 nummer utan att det är, som med The Stand, att varje bok är uppdelad i miniserier.

Alltså detta gör mig helt varm och fnittrig inombord. :P

Någon som vet hur många tidningar per bok?
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#8 King Cobra

King Cobra

Ensign

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 22:20

Om jag fattar allt rätt så kommer New spring boken inehålla 8 nummer och första? Eye of the world boken 6 nummer. Det kommer även inehålla nummer #0 som är en liten story innan själva huvudstoryn kommer igång med the breaking. Det är från den storyn de svartvita bilderna är, när de fem huvudpersonerna är ca 9 år. Dom kommer även inehålla en massa extramaterial (vad nu det kan vara).

Quote:
The new spring
"The New Spring comic series, which is 8 issues long, was started in 2005 and was published up through issue #5. It tells the story of the search for the infant Dragon Reborn and of the adventures of Moiraine Damodred, a young Aes Sedai, and Lan Mandragoran, the uncrowned king of a long-dead nation. Dabel Brothers Publishing will be finishing the series in 2009, with issue #6 shipping in April, and issues 7 and 8 each shipping on a monthly basis thereafter.

Tor Books is proud to publish the New Spring graphic novel in November 2009. The Dabel Bros. will be adding special bonus material to the book, including developmental art, pages from scripts, and correspondence between Robert Jordan and Chuck Dixon. New Spring the graphic novel will also have a stunning, brand new, fully painted cover by artist Michael Kormarck."

The eye of the world:
"Also in April ‘09, Dabel Brothers Publishing will be releasing Dragonmount #0, which is a prequel and lead-in to the graphical adaptation The Eye of the World, the best-selling first volume of Robert Jordan’s acclaimed fantasy series, The Wheel of Time. The Dabels will be launching The Eye of the World in May. The book will feature art by Chase Conley, with Chuck Dixon helming the script adaptation. Subsequent issues will ship on a regular monthly basis.

Tor will publish the first Eye of the World graphic novel in July 2010. This graphic novel will collect the first 6 issues of the Eye of the World comic book and will feature similar bonus material and added content from the Dabels, as well as striking new cover art. Future graphic novel collections will be released on a regular basis, approximately every nine months."

#9 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:57

Nr. 0 har blivit försenat till 13 Maj vilket borde väl betyda att Nr. 1 kommer i Juni.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts

#10 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 17:05

13:e har kommit och gott och fortfarande har ingen tidning släppts. Dessutom uppdaterar de sällan hemsidan så man vet inte ett skit av vad som pågår. Dabel Brothers känns rätt så inkompitenta IMO så hur ska de kunna släppa hela Wheel of Time som månads serie om de inte kommer kunna hålla datumen heller?

Här är iallafall de 10 första sidorna från tidningen:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts

#11 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 14:31

ÄNTLIGEN får vi svar på vad som pågår med serierna och varför de är så försenade.
I December så köptes serieförlaget DABEL BROS. upp av DYNAMITE. Troligen har Dabel Bros. haft svåra ekonomiska problem och inte kunnat givit ut sina serier.

Dynamite lovar nu att sätta fart på Wheel of Time och satsa stort på projektet. Den nya ansvarige för projektet heter Chuck Dixon (Gjorde serieversionen av "The Hobbit" samt "The Punisher" och "Batman" serier) och säger att han tänker vara till 99% trogen orinalet och ha med så mycket av böckerna han kan för han är den typen som hatar när saker klipps ut. Han har sagt att man kan vänta sig att 99% av alla dialoger från böckerna kommer vara med för han anser dem vara mycket viktiga samt att allt ska se ut som det beskrivs i böckerna.

Läs hela intervjun HÄR!
Officiella Hemsidan

Helt underbara nyheter att få. Och jag behövde verkligen det här idag. Nu har jag något att längta efter och se fram mot.
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts

#12 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 14:37

Ahh. Tack för att du delade med dej Crusader. :) Bara att se fram emot resten då! :thumbsup:

Edited by XC, 27 January 2010 - 14:37.

fqq5BYam.jpg

#13 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 15:32

Nu, efter en trög start, flyter nummerna av Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time på rätt bra. Nr 5 skickades till mig idag och de verkar vara uppe i 1 nummer i månaden som lovat. DET är de goda nyheterna.
De dåliga är att även i den här farten så kommer det att ta MINS 25 ÅR att släppa serieversioner av alla böckerna. :mellow:
Ska bli intresant att se vilken serieversion som blir klar först, WoT eller Dresden Files. :ph34r: (Fast Dresden Files ska i slutändan bestå av 23 böcker så räkna med minst 50 år på den fronten... :blink: )
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts

#14 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:26

Då har man fått sista nummret. 35 nummer (+2 special) blev det under 4 års tid. Typ precis som jag hade räknat ut det. :P

Nu är ju frågan alla undrar, kommer de fortsätta och göra en serieversion av bok 2: The Great Hunt, också? Från början var det sagt så men mycket kan ha hänt sedan dess och ännu så har de inte sagt något om det eller en visat en hint att det är på gång.

-Sora, Kingdom Hearts