• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 20:24

Playtone (Tom Hanks och Gary Goetzman) kommer att producera tv-serien för HBO. Neil Gaiman kommer själv vara inblandad i manusförfattandet vilket jag tycker låter lovande. Playtone säger att de kommer att finansiera sex säsonger av den vilket jag tror vi får ta med en nypa salt. Var det inte samma som sades om "Carnivàle" som lades ner efter två säsonger? Bah. "American Gods" kommer bli en dyrbar produktion med en budget på ca $35-40 milj per säsong. :o "There are some crazy things in there. We’ll probably be doing more effects in there than it’s been done on a television series", säger Goetzman.

Premiären lär bli tidigast 2013.

Synopsis:

Shadow is a man with a past. But now he wants nothing more than to live a quiet life with his wife and stay out of trouble. Until he learns that she's been killed in a terrible accident. Flying home for the funeral, as a violent storm rocks the plane, a strange man in the seat next to him introduces himself. The man calls himself Mr. Wednesday, and he knows more about Shadow than is possible. He warns Shadow that a far bigger storm is coming. And from that moment on, nothing will ever he the same.

imdb.com
THR

Ja, vad tror ni som läst boken?

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#2 Fiskrens

Fiskrens

Social kameleont

• 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy, Familj, Rollspel, Sci-Fi, Karate, Film, Musik, Gitarrspelande i varierande ordning.

Posted 11 June 2011 - 21:07

Ptjaa.... Jag minns boken som en helhäftig idé som inte blev helgjuten som bok. Kändes alltför splittrad som jag minns, och bara bitvis 'Gaiman-magisk'. Kan kanske bli bra som serie, men sex säsonger fattar jag inte hur de skulle kunna mjölka ur historien.
"It's only called paranoia if you can't prove it" - William Gibson

"It's more the way it is now than it's ever been" - Dwight David Eisenhower

"Typisk otur, Krydolf! När det regnar flyglar har den fattige inga noter" - Don Martin

#3 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 00:00

Tråkigt att boken inte höll i dina ögon. Får hoppas att den blir bättre i tv-format då. Och säga redan nu att det blir sex säsonger tror jag är lite väl optimistiskt överlag. Annars det här med att få ihop historien så har de ju fördelen med att ha författaren himself ombord. :P

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#4 Fiskrens

Fiskrens

Social kameleont

• 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy, Familj, Rollspel, Sci-Fi, Karate, Film, Musik, Gitarrspelande i varierande ordning.

Posted 15 June 2011 - 18:31

Neilhimself rapporterar på Twitter att de sex säsongerna ska baseras på (ännu oskrivna) fortsättningar på första boken: http://twitter.com/#!/neilhimself/status/80090403319197696.

Nu kom det hela i en helt annan dager! :).

"Typisk otur, Krydolf! När det regnar flyglar har den fattige inga noter" - Don Martin

#5 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 20:11

Lovande indeed. Kul att ditt intresse vaknade till liv nu. :)

#6 Fiskrens

Fiskrens

Social kameleont

• 4,025 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 20:52

Det var nog aldrig någon fara på den punkten, Gaiman är alltid Gaiman :).

#7 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 16:33

Då får vi se vad som händer med projektet den här gången. Jag tycker att tv-formatet känns som en vettig utgångspunk snarare än en filmatisering.

Acclaimed urban fantasy novel American Gods is headed to television. FremantleMedia North America has acquired the rights to the book by Neil Gaiman, creator of the popular Sandman comic. Gaiman will executive produce the potential American Gods series with FMNA.

The acquisition of American Gods is part of FMNA’s stepped-up efforts in the scripted arena under new executive team, EVP Craig Cegielski and SVP Stefanie Berk. The company also has an adaptation of hit French drama The Returned in development at A&E, a project based on Carl Hiaasen’s novel Basket Case in the works at Spike with Rob Reiner attached, and the CW series The Tomorrow People, which is based on a Fremantle-owned format. Gaiman, whose credits also include novels The Graveyard Book, Coraline and The Ocean At The End Of The Lane, was repped in the deal by CAA on behalf of literary agent Merrilee Heifetz.

Edited by Garm, 04 February 2014 - 16:34.

#8 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:55

Why HBO's American Gods Collapsed.

A while back HBO announced plans for a six-season adaptation of Neil Gaiman's American Gods.

Gaiman himself revealed last year that one of the things HBO didn't like about his script was that he'd added new material that wasn't in the books.

FremantleMedia now owns the rights to the property and are developing their own version on which Gaiman is serving as executive producer.

The project never ended up coming together, though it was never made clear why that was the case. Now, HBO's president of programming Michael Lombardo talked with Vulture about it and confirmed the network has lost the option to the property:

"I think we're all huge fans of the book, and I think the script just didn't — we couldn't craft the script as good as we needed it to be. I think we knew going in that it would be a challenge; every good book is a challenge to adapt it and find the level you need for it.

The bar is high now for great dramas. And to find that bar — we tried. So it was a huge disappointment. We tried three different writers, we put a lot of effort into it. Some things just don't happen.

We have to trust at the end of the day, if you don't have a star with a great script, you're just not going to go through with it. Even though we love the book, we love the idea, we love the hope of what it could be, we just couldn't get it right."

Källa: Vulture.

#9 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:46

Starz tar över stafettpinnen och Gaiman verkar nöjd med det: TV by the numbers

Edited by Synon, 02 July 2014 - 05:46.
stavfel :)

#10 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 20:05

Det här tycker jag givetvis är kul och jag är spänd av förväntan att få se slutresultatet. :)

-

Starz has given the green light to the TV series based on Neil Gaiman's novel "American Gods".

The story follows an ex-con named Shadow who, thanks to a powerful and mysterious old conman, is drawn into a conflict between the traditional gods of biblical and mythological roots, and the new gods of money, technology, media and celebrity.

Bryan Fuller and Michael Green will serve as showrunners on the project. There are no cast members attached as yet.

The project has been in development for many years. Gaiman wrote a pilot script a while back for the HBO version, but it's unlikely that will be used for the new incarnation.

Source: Starz

#11 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts
  • Interests:Serier, musik, konst, teckning.

Posted 19 June 2015 - 09:44

Äntligen! Hade hoppats på att HBO sände den, men så länge det blir av. :-)
*Hockey och superhjältar*

#12 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 16:43

Starz känns som ett bra hem för den här, dom har ett bra "track record" när det gäller flera andra tv-serier. Och det är på tiden att Gaimans böcker och serier tar steget ut i det rörliga mediet som är tv-serie och film. Mycket av det han har skapat känns som gjort för det.

#13 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 22:02

Ricky Whittle är rollsatt som Shadow Moon och Ian MacShane som Mr. Wednesday. Två bra val tycker jag. Känner mig riktigt pepp på att den här serien blir av. Det mesta som jag har läst om den är avgjort lovande. :D

Edited by Garm, 19 March 2016 - 02:35.

#14 Garm

Garm

Rear Admiral

• SuperMod
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:37

Favoriten Emily Browning har åtagit sig rollen som Laura Moon. :)

Edited by Garm, 19 March 2016 - 02:37.