35 replies to this topic

#1 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 15:31

JMS Could Create New TREK Series
By Scott Nance | (295 Reads )

J. Michael Straczynski has revealed that he and DARK SKIES creator Bryce Zabel had written a treatment earlier this year for a new STAR TREK spin-off series.

Without offering details about the show premise itself, Straczynski said that the new show "would restore the series in a big way. I actually think it could be a hell of a show. Whether that ever goes anywhere with Paramount, who knows?"

The creator and executive producer of TREK rival BABYLON 5 also praised the selection of Manny Coto to run STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE in its coming fourth season.

"Left to his own devices, I think he could be a big help over there without the other powers that be impeding the process," Straczynski said of Coto

Mediasharx

Nu säger jag säkert nåt fel evil.gif Men jag tyckar det räkker med de serier vi redan har LOL

Edited by Garm, 25 July 2016 - 02:46.
Sammanslagning av x antal trådar samt tillägg av tagg.

Xena doesn't just have a warcry. She made war cry. Just ask Ares

For Xena, death is never permanent. Its just a slight set back and always part of her plan.

If you're going through hell, keep going.Winston Churchill

Combat Information Center

Min avatar samling

#2 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 22 June 2004 - 15:37

Om det kommer någonting som åter väcker riktigt intresse för Star Trek (i mina ögoon) så är det helt okej. Jag menar, Deep Space Nine var härlig! :)

Och ghillar JMS det så är det värt intresse :)
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#3 Mara Jade

Mara Jade

Senior Commodore

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 20:15

Skum artikeln, snacka om en idé utan att ens ge ett uns information om vad den skulle handla om...bara att det skulle få ST på rätta vägar igen, vilket leder till fråga 2) Vilken rätt väg? När gick allting fel? Och räcker det inte med en ST serie åt gången?
Vad lyssnar och ser jag på?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Livet innebär naturligtvis många problem. Några av dom mest populära är. Varför föds vi? Varför dör vi? Varför använder vi så stor del av den mellanliggande tiden till att titta i skyltfönster? ~ Liftarens Guide till Galaxen

#4 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 22 June 2004 - 22:21

Nix - dne bästa serien kom ju då de gick två :P

Deep Space Nine härskar - och om JMS vet vi ju att kontinuitet är ett måste :P
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#5 Mara Jade

Mara Jade

Senior Commodore

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 22:50

DS9 var ju bra men jag har aldrig gillar Voyager & TNG...lite för mycket kopier av TOS..

Om de ska göra en ny ST serie får de allt komma på något nytt...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Livet innebär naturligtvis många problem. Några av dom mest populära är. Varför föds vi? Varför dör vi? Varför använder vi så stor del av den mellanliggande tiden till att titta i skyltfönster? ~ Liftarens Guide till Galaxen

#6 Mara Jade

Mara Jade

Senior Commodore

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 15:36

Viewers will see the early development of the United Federation of Planets this season on Star Trek: Enterprise, executive producer Manny Coto promised.

Speaking to SFX Magazine, Coto said that this season's episodes "will all tie together at the end, where we will see either the actual forming or the beginning of the forming." Due to time constraints, Coto was uncertain whether the final stages of the Federation's creation would be televised, but "that’s where the season’s heading."

Because of a potential movie incorporating the Romulan Wars, Coto noted that he was uncertain how much the Romulans might be involved in Enterprise stories. "It’s too early to tell whether we can go in that direction yet," he said, adding that if he received permission to work on Romulan Wars storylines, "I would start developing it right away!"

If a long-discussed guest appearance by William Shatner were to materialize, said Coto, he imagined that Shatner's longtime novel collaborators and new Enterprise writers Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens "would write a good chunk of it." He said that the writers already had a solid idea for a storyline incorporating Shatner, but whether and when it may happen depends on "money and contracts, that’s really all it is."

More details from Coto will be available in SFX issue 123, on sale October 1st. These excerpts came from the magazine's site here.

Källa: http://www.trektoday.com
S4 verkar sannerligen fullspäckad av intressant saker.. :)

Edited by Mara Jade, 04 September 2004 - 15:42.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Mara Jade

Mara Jade

Senior Commodore

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 15:42

"The Forge" Kicks Off Vulcan Arc With Terrorist Act, Plus Federation Rumors - First Plot Details (SPOILERS)
The first episode in the much-publicized Vulcan arc of STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE this season will be called "The Forge," according to TrekWeb sources today. The episode will kick-off a three-episode storyline featuring a desert trek and possibly a civil war on the planet Vulcan. It may also reveal stunning new developments in the prequel universe.

The episode starts when what is described by sources as the "Federation embassy" on Vulcan is bombed and a character named 'Ambassador Forrest' is killed. This suggests that the Federation, the governing organization of Starfeet and hundreds of planets in the first four STAR TREK series, may be founded in this season of ENTERPRISE, and that Vaughn Armstrong's Admiral Forrest (or perhaps his relative) may be named an ambassador to Vulcan in an earlier episode of the season. "Zero Hour" stated that the Federation would be founded seven years after the events of that episode (2161, according to lore), so whether this mention of a "Federation" embassy is merely a misnomer or indicative of a more complicated plot point remains to be seen.

Speaking in the new issue of SFX Magazine, producer Manny Coto says the season will definitely build toward the founding of the Federation, but may not show it.

"The stories that we're telling will all tie together at the end, where we will see either the actual forming or the beginning of the forming," Coto says. "I'm not sure we can go all the way to the actual forming, because there's a date situation involved. But definitely, that's where the season's heading."

Coto also mentions in the interview that if the Romulan Wars are passed over for inclusion in the next STAR TREK feature film, he'd begin developing them for ENTERPRISE "right away."

The ambiguity of the embassy aside, sources reveal that "The Forge" picks up as 'Archer' heads to Vulcan to investigate the bombing and is soon led into the Vulcan desert by a Vulcan security investigator named 'T'Fon' described by sources as a 'George Patton of Vulcan' with a hidden agenda. T'Fon is the chief investigator of the V'Shar, the Vulcan High Command's security wing.

T'Fon is less than welcoming to Archer's efforts in the matter until the investigation points to members of a strange religious cult called the 'Syrrans.' T'Fon is aided by 'Varek', a younger Vulcan investigator possibly sharing whatever agenda his superior has. In search of 'Syrran' himself, a religious figure who has found the remains of the Vulcan hero 'Surak', Archer sets out into the desert.

Archer encounters a Vulcan named 'Arev' on his journey, who offers to guide the Enterprise captain on his quest to find the cult. He is described as a Kohlinar master from 50 to 70 in appearance and who possesses more emotional control than many Vulcans we've met. He regards Archer as an illogical being and sources suggest he may actually be Syrran himself.

"The Forge" is set to go before cameras under the direction of Michael Grossman ("Hatchery") September 14th.

Until this information is confirmed by Paramount or another official source, it should be treated as rumor.

You can read more excerpts from Coto's latest interview, in which he also discusses the potential William Shatner guest appearance, here.

Källa: http://trekweb.com/

Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 13:38

Another Star Trek!
Movies- 1 August 29, 2005

T'Pol will take lead in Star Trek: Academy.For all of you Trekkies out there, you could possibly have some great news heading your way. Though I cannot claim to be a Star Trek nut myself, I have dreamed of becoming a Jedi though, the latest scoops sent in have been enough to gain my full attention.

Star Trek: The Beginning or Star Trek: Academy
My two favorite Star Trek films were Wrath of Khan and The Voyage Home. Khan had the awesome music, which was later used again in Aliens, and Voyage Home featured some of the best Trekky humor [Spock was hilarious!]. Since I spend very little time in front of a television set unless for Halo 2, LOST or American Idol, I cannot say too much about the multiple Star Trek television series out there. However, I cannot help to feel at least a little gitty when I received a scoop that claimed that Paramount was moving forward with another Star Trek movie.

While checking through the emails about a week ago I had received this latest report from 'The Manageress', claiming that Paramount was working to create Star Trek: Academy.

Paramount are in the early stages of development of another "Star Trek" movie. This one will be set at the Starfleet Academy, and, in some ways, will be a prequel to "Enterprise" ( the character of T'Pol (Jolene Blalock) is the only one from that series that supposed to be in it).

One person they're considering for Star Trek : Academy is David Boreanaz, of Angel, fame. I don't know the connection between the creative team and Boreanaz, but he's a name that we keep hearing (and I'm positive this is a feature film - not a TV series). When/if such an opportunity arises, I would be happy to let you know what the latest is. I believe it's a long ways off still.

To further add to this scoop sent in on Star Trek: Academy, the good people over at MovieHole have also posted another scoop on an upcoming Star Trek sequel/prequel titled Star Trek: The Beginning. Are we talking about the same film here? If so, I like the title we have better.

According to the scribe, "Star Trek : The Beginning" (please dude, for the sake of Exorcist prequel loathers everywhere, change that title) will be set after the events of TV's "Enterprise" but before Captain Kirk ever boarded the creamy space-ship.

"We're looking at a very small group of men and women, particularly focusing on one character," Jendresen says. "There are a couple of ships, including a principal ship, but this is not a traditional captain and crew of a starship story in the least."

Beam Me Up T'Pol.

From the sounds of the report, it does seem that we are discussing the very same movie; and I still do like the title Star Trek: Academy better. No matter what the title, it looks for certain that the next Star Trek film will in fact be centered on the character of T'Pol.

Arm torpedoes and set phasers to stun, we just may have an epic Star Trek film coming our way!

Stay tuned for updates.

Xena doesn't just have a warcry. She made war cry. Just ask Ares

For Xena, death is never permanent. Its just a slight set back and always part of her plan.

If you're going through hell, keep going.Winston Churchill

Combat Information Center

Min avatar samling

#9 Snälle Hulken

Snälle Hulken

Rear Admiral

• 3,861 posts
  • Interests:Mest Science Fiction och skräck/splatter/gore

Posted 30 August 2005 - 14:31

glada nyheter :) hoppas den blir enormt bra, och drar in 10000tals miljarders dollar och att alla från och med nu kommer att älska star trek och att hela samhället anpassas efter det och....
The sky's the limit.

Jon var namnet:

#10 wookiee

wookiee

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • Interests:Tecknade serier, Star Wars, jamaicansk musik och di gyal dem

Posted 30 August 2005 - 15:24

T'Pol?!

:o

And there was much rejoicing!

:thumbsup:
Posted Image

#11 OnO

OnO

Commander

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 20:38

glada nyheter :) hoppas den blir enormt bra, och drar in 10000tals miljarders dollar och att alla från och med nu kommer att älska star trek och att hela samhället anpassas efter det och....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMEN!
Gene Roddenberry 19 Augusti 1921 - 24 Oktober 1991

Posted Image

#12 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 16:47

Starfleet Investigative Corps.
http://www.sliceofsc...tive_corps.html

Guest Contributor: Trekzone

THINK NCIS, THINK STAR TREK

After 5 years of 8 episodes or less on over 12 incarnations of Star Trek: Poseidon, Starliner Productions (STN) is proud to release this short press release:

NCIS is CBS' hit naval criminal investigative show - taking on elements of JAG and CSI. We have adopted this winning formula and are proud to present our new series.

As yet untitled (see below), the new show will focus on Starfleet criminal investigations. You may think that everything is peachy in the 24th century - but with the events of the last decade, many humans are not pleased to be sharing their hard work with aliens. Xenophobia not seen since the Xindi attack of 2153 is sweeping Earth and all colonies. It is up to a new crack team to investigate criminal activity onboard Federation starships.

Racial attacks and calls of hate are rife and Head of Starfleet Admiral Ross calls on his old friend - from the academy - Captain Montgomery Jamieson to resurrect his team, last together to deal with the Maquis mutiny.

Strap yourself in for a thrill ride as over the course of the first 5 episodes we discover the plights facing the Federation as it enters this bold new era.

A radical re-think of Star Trek by an avid group of fans,this new series will still be written and released weekly - starting early 2006 (yet to be confirmed).

You can get involved, email your ideas for the title of the show to editor@trekzone.org.

Starline Productions is Australia's only dedicated Sci-Fi production company.

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#13 Sötnosen

Sötnosen

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 663 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi: Star Trek, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Stargate Atlantis.<br />Tv: Frasier, Lost, The O.C., Desperate housewives, Medium.<br />Fantasy: Tolkien, Robin Hobb, Tad Williams, Douglas Adams.<br />Musik: Sarah Brightman, Michael Ball, Within Temptaion, Il Divo, After Forever, Epica, Kamelot, Wuthering Heights, System of a down, Linkin Park, Vittorio Grigolo, franska musikaler, Emmanuel Moire och många, många fler.<br />Övrigt: historia, språk, litteratur, &quot;new age&quot;, marsvin och andra djur. Samlar på autografer.

Posted 30 November 2005 - 18:44

Låter intressant!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 30 November 2005 - 19:09

Säger som Sandra, låter intressant.
Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#15 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 20:11

Nja jag vet inte, kunde dom inte ha gjort en Star Trek sjukhusserie i stället?
- Star Trek Medics :rolleyes:

"I see them long hard times to come."
-Gangstagrass

last.fm | filmtipset | twitter

#16 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 20:21

Nja jag vet inte, kunde dom inte ha gjort en Star Trek sjukhusserie i stället? - Star Trek Medics :rolleyes:

Jaaa.... :lol: Som en variant på "Star Trek" + "Cityakuten" + "Doktorn Kan Komma"... :)

fqq5BYam.jpg

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#17 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 30 November 2005 - 20:28

Som en variant på "Star Trek" + "Cityakuten" + "Doktorn Kan Komma"

:lol:
Med hologram doktorn som huvudperson eller... :lol2:
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#18 Sötnosen

Sötnosen

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 663 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi: Star Trek, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, Stargate Atlantis.<br />Tv: Frasier, Lost, The O.C., Desperate housewives, Medium.<br />Fantasy: Tolkien, Robin Hobb, Tad Williams, Douglas Adams.<br />Musik: Sarah Brightman, Michael Ball, Within Temptaion, Il Divo, After Forever, Epica, Kamelot, Wuthering Heights, System of a down, Linkin Park, Vittorio Grigolo, franska musikaler, Emmanuel Moire och många, många fler.<br />Övrigt: historia, språk, litteratur, &quot;new age&quot;, marsvin och andra djur. Samlar på autografer.

Posted 30 November 2005 - 20:31

ha, ha! Det vore en bra idé! Det hade kunnat bli riktigt intressant att se alla intriger som kan uppstå när patienterna är utomjordingar. En Bajoransk läkare möter en hypokondriskt cardassier... oändliga möjligheter!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Aztecface

Aztecface

Commodore

• Members
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 20:44

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Det här verkar väldigt intressant.
"There once was a man from Nantucket..."

#20 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 21:39

Viket Star Trek ER eller CSI: Star Trek? :P

fqq5BYam.jpg

#21 Sötnosen

Sötnosen

Senior Captain

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 21:41

Viket Star Trek ER eller CSI: Star Trek? :P

Varför inte båda? ;) Jag tror att båda idérna skulle kunna fungera. Brott och rymden skulle kunna locka en hel del tittare och vem gillar inte sjukhusdrama... i rymden! Ha, ha! Det intressanta med båda är alla kulturkrockar och moraliska dilemma man skulle kunna iscensätta.

Edited by Sötnosen, 30 November 2005 - 21:53.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Aztecface

Aztecface

Commodore

• Members
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 22:35

Blir det något av detta så kan det bli riktigt bra. Kanske t.o.m en av dom bättre sci-fi serier.
"There once was a man from Nantucket..."

#23 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 23:32

En Starfleet Academy serie var väl också på tapeten ett tag fast det blev Enterprise i stället...

I vilket fall är det bra att dom går i från det vanliga konceptet med livet ombord på ett rymdskepp och förhoppningsvis går dom i från lite fler Star Trek klyschor än så.

"I see them long hard times to come."
-Gangstagrass

last.fm | filmtipset | twitter

#24 Imperator Yax

Imperator Yax

Commander

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:12

Jag hade nog trott med på en Star Trek 24, med samma tuffa action som i originalet :evil:
/Yax av klanen Yax, född på Heera år 12345 e.a.u - den yngsta Cam-Haar mästaren av första graden genom tiderna år 12406 vid den ringa åldern av 61 år - grundare av det triponska imperiet år 12487 (eller år 0 e.t)

#25 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 25 May 2006 - 16:09

:upset:
Jag är desperat ;) TV-junkie som jag är har min kalender på den fronten blivit tom :( alla serier jag följer har haft säsongsavslutning i USA.

Och då menar jag inte StarGate SG1 & Atlantis, The 4400, Dead Zone (som sätter igång i juni & juli) eller Dr. Who.

Behöver lite tips om det kommer/finns nya serier att följa nu under sommaren.
Alla tips är välkomna :)