Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 10 August 2008 - 21:56

Musician Isaac Hayes dies at 65 - Entertainment News, Music News, Media - Variety
Won Oscar and Grammy for 'Shaft' theme
By ASSOCIATED PRESS

Isaac Hayes, the pioneering singer, songwriter and musician whose relentless "Theme From Shaft" won Academy and Grammy awards, has been found dead at his Memphis home. He was 65.

The Shelby County Sheriff's Office says a family member found Hayes unresponsive near a treadmill on Sunday. He was pronounced dead about an hour later at Baptist East Hospital in Memphis. The cause of death was not immediately known.

In the early 1970s, Hayes laid the groundwork for disco, for what became known as urban-contemporary music and for romantic crooners like Barry White. And he was rapping before there was rap.

His career hit another high in 1997 when he became the voice of Chef, the sensible school cook and devoted ladies man on the animated TV show "South Park."

Edited by Garm, 16 March 2016 - 00:25.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#2 GaterGirl

GaterGirl

never bore your audience

• Aktiv member
  • 8,323 posts
  • Interests:Luleå Hockey. Sci-Fi. Tv-serier. Tv-spel. Fiska. Sällskapsspel. Photoshop. Fan-art. Grafik.

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:22

Han vart inte så gammal. RIP.

Kommer ihåg honom från fyra avsnitt av Stargate SG-1.
Nikola Tesla "All the subtlety of brain surgery with a chainsaw." ~ Sanctuary 2007-2011  Parker - how did you know? Non-sequential serial numbers? My favorite. (parker får pengar i julklapp) "the ho ho ho job - leverage"Sofia Sorto - "Who are you, messere?", Ezio - "Only the most interesting man in your life." Assassins Creed - Revalations I will, I very much I will. - dr Julia Ogden, Murdoch Mysteries <p>Luleå Hockey  Murdoch Mysteries  Stargate SG-1  Jonathon Young  Nikola Tesla  Tv-serier

#3 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 13:08

Trist. Kommer mest minnas honom för musiken till filmen Shaft samt för dom roller han gjort i South Park och Escape from New York.

Även Bernie Mac har kastat in handduken. Har inte sett så mycket av honom, mest från The Bernie Mac Show men även några filmer (som dock är så dåliga att jag inte vill dra upp dom i detta sammanhang)

#4 GaterGirl

GaterGirl

never bore your audience

• Aktiv member
  • 8,323 posts
  • Interests:Luleå Hockey. Sci-Fi. Tv-serier. Tv-spel. Fiska. Sällskapsspel. Photoshop. Fan-art. Grafik.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 14:27

Han dog av en hjärtattack.
Nikola Tesla "All the subtlety of brain surgery with a chainsaw." ~ Sanctuary 2007-2011  Parker - how did you know? Non-sequential serial numbers? My favorite. (parker får pengar i julklapp) "the ho ho ho job - leverage"Sofia Sorto - "Who are you, messere?", Ezio - "Only the most interesting man in your life." Assassins Creed - Revalations I will, I very much I will. - dr Julia Ogden, Murdoch Mysteries <p>Luleå Hockey  Murdoch Mysteries  Stargate SG-1  Jonathon Young  Nikola Tesla  Tv-serier

#5 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 17 August 2008 - 22:37

Isaac Hayes Remembered : Slice of SciFi

Isaac Hayes, a prolific genius singer and songwriter, as well as much loved actor, has died at the age of 65. Cause of death isn’t known at this time, but Hayes was known to have suffered from high blood pressure for several years and preliminary findings are pointing to a possible stroke. Full details will be known once the autopsy is concluded.

Specializing on baritone sax and the keyboards, Hayes will always be known as the man who gave a black P.I. named Shaft a theme song that would outlast the movie’s popularity. He also became known as the father of the famous 1960’s and 70’s sound called Memphis Soul and was one of the main songwriters and producers for the highly successful southern soul record label Stax Records. One of Hayes’ greatest pieces was a reworking of the soft-country, Glen Campbell hit song “By the Time I Get To Phoenix.” Hayes turned it into one of the greatest bluesy-soul songs ever recorded. The song appeared on one of his greatest selling albums titled “Hot Buttered Soul.” He went on to record 27 other popular albums and won several awards. His “Shaft” album remained in the Top 10 charts for 14 straight months, staying at number 1 and 2 in the R&B category. He was inducted in the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame in 2002.

As brilliant as he was as a musician, later generations remember him most from his acting, especially his voice work for the Chef on the infamous television show “South Park.” For the small screen Hayes could be seen in diverse parts for such popular, Emmy winning shows like “The Rockford Files,” “Miami Vice,” “The A-Team,” “Sliders” and “Stargate SG-1,” but it was his speaking role in “South Park” that forever set him in the hearts of fans as an icon.

Some of his most successful acting gigs were in films like “Escape From New York,” playing the baddie opposite another baddie, Kurt Russell; “I’m Gonna Git You Sucka,” “Hustle & Flow,” “Robin Hood: Men in Tights,” “Reindeer Games,” “Johnny Mnemonic,” “Tales From the Crypt” and “South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut.” He currently has two films in post-production due out later this year or in early 2009. One is a horror movie titled “Return to Sleepaway Camp” and the other is an action film called “Knight Forever.”

Isaac Hayes was one of those rare talented people who could do whatever he set his mind to and succeed in it as well. He will be greatly missed by two generations of fans, those who loved him as a musical artist and them that knew him as an actor.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.