Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 30 November 2009 - 19:16

Stephen King returns to TV with a new Syfy series | SCI FI Wire

Syfy has ordered 13 episodes of Haven, a new series based on a Stephen King novella, about a town for cursed people in exile.

The show is based on King's "The Colorado Kid."

Haven centers on a spooky town in Maine where cursed folk live normal lives in exile. When those curses start returning, FBI agent Audrey Parker is brought in to keep those supernatural forces at bay—while trying to unravel the mysteries of Haven.

Scott Shepherd the show runner and executive producer, along with executive producers Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller. All were producers of USA's much-loved and much-missed The Dead Zone, which ran for six seasons and went off the air in 2008.

Sam Ernst and Jim Dunn are writing the pilot and will also serve as executive producers.

The show will air sometime next year.

Below is the full announcement:

SYFY FINDS "HAVEN" Syfy Orders Drama Series Based On Novella The Colorado Kid by Stephen King

E1 Entertainment to produce and distribute worldwide

First Series to Partner Globally With All Syfy International Pay Channels

New York, New York - November 30, 2009 - Syfy has ordered 13 episodes of the supernatural drama series Haven, based on the novella "The Colorado Kid," from renowned author Stephen King. Haven from E1 Entertainment will be the first property to be produced for Syfy Pay channels around the globe (excluding Canada and Scandinavia). The announcement was made today by Mark Stern, Executive Vice President, Original Content for Syfy and Co-Head, Original Content for Universal Cable productions, and E1 Entertainment's John Morayniss, CEO of E1's Television Group. Production is expected to begin in early 2010, for an anticipated air in 2010. International distribution is handled by E1 Entertainment.

"Haven is the quintessential Stephen King town, full of complex, yet identifiable, characters and compelling supernatural situations. Sam and Jim wrote a great pilot, and we can't wait to see Scott, Lloyd, and Shawn join them in bringing this town to life as a series. We also couldn't be more excited to partner with our international Syfy channels and be in business with E1 who will definitely deliver the high-quality production value we expect," Stern said in making the announcement.

"E1 has successfully orchestrated the first Syfy global partnership with Syfy in the U.S. and their international pay channels and we couldn't be more pleased," added John Morayniss. "What a combination: the Syfy brand, the pedigree of Stephen King and the global presence and reach of E1. With those ingredients, I predict a worldwide ratings hit for Haven. Syfy audiences and television viewers around the world will be enthralled with this exciting new series."

Syfy President Dave Howe commented, ""This is the first series to capitalize on the global power of the Syfy brand. This and more series like this in the future will be a potential game changer for Syfy's business, enabling us to commission and produce more and more high production value original content that can live on Syfy's growing network of channels around the globe."

Roma Khanna, President Universal Networks International added, "Haven, based on the novella The Colorado Kid by Stephen King, is the first major content partnership driven by our global Syfy business and is the first step in our plan to invest in more top quality content for Syfy Universal and our newly revitalized global channel portfolio. This world class project illustrates our commitment to deliver more high profile, first-run content which provides compelling entertainment for our viewers around the world."

Deep in the heart of Maine, Haven is a town where people with supernatural abilities have migrated for generations because it mutes their powers, allowing them to lead normal lives. At least, until recently. When hot-shot FBI agent Audrey Parker is called to Haven to solve the murder of a local ex-con, she catches the killer but uncovers a much deeper mystery about this town. Each week, as the town-peoples' dormant powers begin to express themselves, Audrey will try to keep these supernatural forces at bay while unraveling the many mysteries of Haven - including one surrounding her own surprising past in this extraordinary place.

The impressive creative team behind Haven includes Scott Shepherd (Tru Calling, The Dead Zone) serving as showrunner and is joined by his partners Executive Producers Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller (The Dead Zone, Wildfire, Greek) and E1 Entertainment's John Morayniss (Hung, The Bridge) and Noreen Halpern (Hung, Copper). The pilot is written by Sam Ernst (Shrek the Third, The Dead Zone) and Jim Dunn (Shrek the Third, The Dead Zone) who will also serve as executive producers on the series. Adam Fratto will serve as co-executive producer.

Edited by Garm, 04 March 2016 - 19:52.
Tillägg av tagg.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#2 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 19:24

Boken är riktigt bra (trist att Bra Böcker inte köpt rättigheterna och översatt den när dom ger ut allt annat han skriver) och en personlig favorit. Inte alls som han brukar skriva, utan mer som en deckare/film noir fast i en typisk Stephen King anda. Hoppas detta kan bli riktigt bra. :)

#3 GaterGirl

GaterGirl

never bore your audience

• Aktiv member
  • 8,323 posts
  • Interests:Luleå Hockey. Sci-Fi. Tv-serier. Tv-spel. Fiska. Sällskapsspel. Photoshop. Fan-art. Grafik.

Posted 08 February 2010 - 21:59

har denna serien nämnts?

http://scifiwire.com/2010/02/jericho-hottie-to-star-in.php

New York, NY - February 8, 2010 - Emily Rose (Jericho, Brothers and Sisters, ER) has been cast in Syfy's new supernatural drama series Haven, based on the novella The Colorado Kid from renowned author Stephen King. Rose will play the lead role of Audrey Parker, the shrewd and confident FBI agent with a lost past who arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine to solve the murder of a local ex-con. Before long, her natural curiosity lands her in the epicenter of activity in this curious enclave, which turns out to be a longtime refuge for people that are afflicted with a remarkable range of supernatural abilities.

As the townspeople's dormant abilities begin to express themselves, Audrey helps keep these forces at bay while discovering the many secrets of Haven - including one surrounding her own surprising past in this extraordinary place.
Production is expected to commence in Spring 2010, with an eye towards a Summer 2010 premiere.

Haven, from E1 Entertainment and Pillar, Segan, Shepard, will be the first property to be produced for Syfy in the US and NBCU Pay channels around the globe (excluding Canada and Scandinavia). International distribution is handled by E1 Entertainment.

The impressive creative team behind Haven includes Scott Shepherd (Tru Calling, The Dead Zone) serving as showrunner and is joined by his partners Executive Producers Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller (The Dead Zone, Wildfire, Greek) and E1 Entertainment's John Morayniss (Hung,) and Noreen Halpern (The Bridge, Copper). The pilot is written by Sam Ernst (Shrek the Third, The Dead Zone) and Jim Dunn (Shrek the Third, The Dead Zone) who will also serve as executive producers on the series.

Nikola Tesla "All the subtlety of brain surgery with a chainsaw." ~ Sanctuary 2007-2011  Parker - how did you know? Non-sequential serial numbers? My favorite. (parker får pengar i julklapp) "the ho ho ho job - leverage"Sofia Sorto - "Who are you, messere?", Ezio - "Only the most interesting man in your life." Assassins Creed - Revalations I will, I very much I will. - dr Julia Ogden, Murdoch Mysteries <p>Luleå Hockey  Murdoch Mysteries  Stargate SG-1  Jonathon Young  Nikola Tesla  Tv-serier

#4 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 08 February 2010 - 22:05

Japp Haven - Ny serie på SyFy 2010
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#5 GaterGirl

GaterGirl

never bore your audience

• Aktiv member
  • 8,323 posts
  • Interests:Luleå Hockey. Sci-Fi. Tv-serier. Tv-spel. Fiska. Sällskapsspel. Photoshop. Fan-art. Grafik.

Posted 08 February 2010 - 22:10

ok, du får väl flytta inlägget då. (yay sätter G i arbete. :P
Nikola Tesla "All the subtlety of brain surgery with a chainsaw." ~ Sanctuary 2007-2011  Parker - how did you know? Non-sequential serial numbers? My favorite. (parker får pengar i julklapp) "the ho ho ho job - leverage"Sofia Sorto - "Who are you, messere?", Ezio - "Only the most interesting man in your life." Assassins Creed - Revalations I will, I very much I will. - dr Julia Ogden, Murdoch Mysteries <p>Luleå Hockey  Murdoch Mysteries  Stargate SG-1  Jonathon Young  Nikola Tesla  Tv-serier

#6 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 08 February 2010 - 22:18

Nu har jag gjort dagens arbete på forumet :P

#7 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 25 March 2010 - 21:50

Lite uppdateringar om serien

Dollhouse, Buffy stars join Syfy's Haven | SCI FI Wire
Syfy announced the casting of Lucas Bryant (Dollhouse) and Eric Balfour (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, 24, Six Feet Under) in its new drama series Haven, based on Stephen King's novella "The Colorado Kid."

Below is the official announcement. Haven begins production this spring.

SYFY'S HAVEN WELCOMES LUCAS BRYANT AND ERIC BALFOUR New York, NY - March 25, 2010 - Lucas Bryant (Queer as Folk, Dollhouse) and Eric Balfour (24, Six Feet Under) have been cast in Syfy's new drama series Haven, based on the novella The Colorado Kid from renowned author Stephen King.

Bryant and Balfour join Emily Rose on the series, which is slated to air on Syfy this summer. Haven follows FBI agent Audrey Parker (Rose), who arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine on a routine case...only to discover that this curious enclave has served as a longtime refuge for people who are afflicted with a remarkable range of supernatural abilities.

Bryant will play Nathan Wuornos, the wry local cop who soon becomes Audrey's partner. Bristling under the thumb of his father, the Chief of Police, Nathan has a quiet, controlled demeanor that often clashes with Audrey's feisty one: a dichotomy that also makes them perfect complements. As events in the town begin to unfold at a surprising pace, Nathan's usual controlled sense of calm is put to the test.

Also among the citizens of this eccentric town is Duke Crocker (Balfour), a charming yet mysterious jack-of-all-trades. Though Duke outwardly appears to be a free spirit who lives an unobtrusive life on his boat, it becomes apparent that his mellow demeanor may conceal a much darker agenda.

Production on Haven is expected to commence in Spring 2010 in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Haven, from E1 Entertainment in association with Pillar, Segan and Shepherd, will be the first property to be produced for Syfy Channel in the US and NBCU Pay channels around the globe (excluding Canada and Scandinavia). The series has been co-commissioned by Syfy with Canwest Broadcasting (Canada). International distribution is handled by E1.

The impressive creative team behind Haven includes showrunner Scott Shepherd (Tru Calling, The Dead Zone) who is joined by E1 Entertainment's John Morayniss (Hung, Copper) Noreen Halpern (Hung, Copper), Laszlo Barna (The Bridge) and Michael Rosenberg (Hung, The Riches) as well as his partners, Executive Producers Lloyd Segan and Shawn Piller (The Dead Zone, Wildfire, Greek). The pilot is written by Sam Ernst (Shrek the Third, The Dead Zone) and Jim Dunn (Shrek the Third, The Dead Zone) who will also serve as executive producers on the series.

#8 GaterGirl

GaterGirl

never bore your audience

• Aktiv member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 20:01

9 Juli har serien premiär.

♦Haven—Premieres Friday, July 9, at 10PM (ET/PT)—New drama series Haven, based on the novella The Colorado Kid from renowned author Stephen King, follows FBI agent Audrey Parker (Emily Rose), who arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine to solve the murder of a local ex-con. Before long, her natural curiosity lands her in the epicenter of activity in this curious enclave, which turns out to be a longtime refuge for people with a remarkable range of supernatural abilities. Among the townspeople are local cop Nathan Wuornos (Lucas Bryant), who eventually becomes Audrey's partner, and the mysterious and charming Duke Crocker (Eric Balfour).

#9 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 20:59

Ingen som hört rykten om den kommer till en kanal für alle? :)

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

Filmtipset | Live Long and Prosper

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#10 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 31 March 2010 - 21:09

Är nog lite tidigt för det ^_^
Vi får väl se när vi närmar oss premiärdatum.

#11 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:18

Adam Kane står för regin i piloten.

Stephen King pilot gets a director
Adam Kane is helming 'Haven' to air on Syfy, Showcase
April 26, 2010

TORONTO -- Adam Kane is directing the pilot for the Stephen King-created supernatural series "Haven" for the Syfy Channel and Showcase Television in Canada. His credits include "The Mentalist" and "Heroes."

Production has started with Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, standing in for the fictitious Maine town of Haven, where Emily Rose ("ER") plays an FBI agent solving the murder of a local ex-con.

The pilot's ensemble cast includes Lucas Bryant, Eric Balfour, Richard Donat and John Dunsworth.

E1 is producing "Haven" with "The Dead Zone" executive producers Shawn Piller, Lloyd Segan and Scott Shepherd.

Universal Networks International, NBC Universal's global channel division, is also co-financing the drama after it picked up the exclusive pay TV broadcast rights for the world, excluding Canada, U.S. and Scandinavia.

Beviset för att intelligent liv finns i rymden är att de inte har kontaktat oss än.

We are Apple. Lower your minds and surrender your wallets. We will add our biological and technological distinctiveness to you. Culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

#12 GaterGirl

GaterGirl

never bore your audience

• Aktiv member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 19:56

Nja, det här är inget jag kommer fortsätta se på. Kom knapp igenom första avsnittet. Ingen av karaktärerna eller skådespelarna var särskilt intressanta, imo. Bryr mig inte heller om vem kvinnan på bilden är och varför hon liknar ??? (kommer inte på karaktärsnamnet bara skådespelaren, Emily. :P)

#13 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 19:06

Hoppsan, det var svidande kritik. ;)

Jag har inte sett något helt avsnitt än, men av det jag har läst och sett så är jag inte direkt övertygad. Förlagan som dom utgår från är en väldigt bra bok av Stephen King. Men dom har ändrat bra mycket på den historien om jag har fattat det hela rätt och det återstår att se om det blir bra trots allt. För jag ska ge serien en chans.

#14 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 22:32

SyFys produktioner får en bra mängd sk*t. Finns ju fantastiska guldkorn där ibland, men oftast är det ju mindre bra produktioner. Har inte sett på "Haven" än, men verkar inte vara så poppis eller?
Proud member of ATNAG (Allegiance to Nolan and Goyer)
Batman Begins

2005&2008 Year of the Bat

2005 Evil feared the Knight, 2008 The Dark Knight Returns

The Dark Knight

#15 Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Commander

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:29

Nej, Haven (och Covert Affairs också för den delen) är en besvikelse.
Guldkornen den här hösten är The Deep och Sherlock, trust me ;)

#16 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:25

Har inte sett Haven ännu, men Covert Affair är lovande i alla fall. Bra skådisar, lagom lättsmält. Gillade man Alias gillar man Covert Affairs. :)
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#17 Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Commander

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:39

Har inte sett Haven ännu, men Covert Affair är lovande i alla fall. Bra skådisar, lagom lättsmält. Gillade man Alias gillar man Covert Affairs. :)

Det jag inte gillar är den Amerikanska självgodhet som genomsyrar serien (den enda icke-amerikan som inte har varit ond eller svag var Israelisk Mossad agent :rolleyes:
Och den blinda killen som jag gillade i Harpers Island är...inte...bra ;)
Jag tyckte Alias var mycket bättre.

Edited by Wowbagger, 15 August 2010 - 09:39.

#18 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:45

Nej, inte bra. Fenomenal. ;)

Som sagt var, ja det är amerikansk självgodhet men till skillnad från de flesta andra har jag sällan problem med det. Det här är inte en serie som är dark and gritty, så det hade varit helt fel utan det. ;)

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#19 Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Commander

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 09:56

Nej, inte bra. Fenomenal. ;)

Som sagt var, ja det är amerikansk självgodhet men till skillnad från de flesta andra har jag sällan problem med det. Det här är inte en serie som är dark and gritty, så det hade varit helt fel utan det. ;)

Nej det är sant det är ingen gritty serie och det är ju väldigt "lättsett"™
Om du gillade Alias så ska du hålla utkik efter Undercovers som också har J.J.Abrams magiska fingrar inblandade.
Hmm ska nog göra en tråd om den serien också :D

Edited by Wowbagger, 15 August 2010 - 09:57.

#20 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:44

Fast om man tycker att Rambaldi mytologin var det intressanta med Alias och att Arvin Sloane var den bästa karaktären så lär man knappast gilla Covert Affairs.... Eller jag tyckte iaf att det var hganska halvdant.

Guldkornen den här hösten är The Deep och Sherlock, trust me ;)

Jag har sett piloterna till båda dom serierna och dom verkar indeed lovande båda två.

"I see them long hard times to come."
-Gangstagrass

last.fm | filmtipset | twitter

#21 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 14:15

Iofs. det är sant. Det blev ju en helt annan sak framöver, det är sant. Ibörjan var det dock inte särskilt mycket sådant dock.

#22 Wowbagger

Wowbagger

Commander

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 15:30

Jag tyckte att det var stor skillnad mellan Pilot-avsnittet till Haven och resten.
Piloten hade bra kemi mellan huvudrollsinnehavarna och jag kommer ihåg att jag satt och skrattade till en hel del.
Men allt det var som bortblåst i dom resterande avsnitten. (eller så är det jag som blivit tråkig(are) :P

#23 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 22:21

Sett första avsnittet nu och jag gillar faktiskt karaktärerna. Härligt samspel mellan framförallt Parker-Nathan och Parker-Duke (vänta nu, duke? dukeofnewyork?what? *förvirrad*). Gillar scenen i butiken där det ligger broschyrer om Santa Barbara och de frågar om hon varit där och hon säger att där tog hon fast en pedofil och en seriemördare... Knäpptyst... Paret funderar på att flytta dit! :lol:
Vad gäller själva mordgåtan kändes den lite för tam och lösningen var tämligen enkel. Men lite nyfiken vart jag allt på vem agent Parker egentligen är?

Blir intressant att se fortsättningen och se om den håller eller om det blir platt fall...

#24 Wylie Times

Wylie Times

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,204 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 22:23

Jaha ja. Det här var väl rätt ok. Ungefär sådär lättsamt och lagom mystisk som Syfys andra serier är. Eller Eureka och W13 iaf. Skillnaden är att Haven inte kör med lika öppna kort gällande övernaturligt och dylikt. Problemet är väl att jag inte riktigt fastnade för någon karaktär även om dom flesta var sådär lite mysigt charmiga. Men det är inte tillräckligt quirky eller bra gjort för att jämföras med Twin Peaks. (som man alltid gör när en FBI agent kommer till en småstad för att lösa ett fall) Det har inte heller samma humor som Eureka och W13 utan det fastnar lite i emellan där. Jag kan iaf tänka mig att se ett till avsnitt för att se hur det utvecklas. Det är inte lika dåligt som jag hört en del kritiker säga men det är inte överdrivet bra heller.

"I see them long hard times to come."
-Gangstagrass

last.fm | filmtipset | twitter

#25 Synon

Synon

Voff!

• SuperMod
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 22:27

Ah, lite mer kritisk än jag. Ska bli intressant att se vad du säger om nästa avsnitt.