• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:48

Whedon Says, 'Keep Writing'
(#132)posted Saturday April 03 2004 12:35:57 PM by Save ANGEL Campaign()
Fan Efforts Having Effect

WHEDON SAYS "NOISE" HELPS, "KEEP WRITING"

In a message ANGEL fans have been waiting to hear, Joss Whedon praised the fan campaigns' effectiveness and urged continued action. On Friday, Whedon did a telephone call-in to KROQ's "Kevin and Bean" show. During the interview, he recounted how he was "shocked as hell when we got cancelled."

Whedon said, "I know the show was doing better than it's done before. I know people were receiving it well. We thought we were hitting our stride hugely... and it sort of came out of the blue."

Of reasons given for the unexpected cancellation, he was told by The WB that it was ANGEL's repeatability, ad revenues and age, which the network expects to address by bringing in new series and reality programs. "Reality shows are in fact killing the landscape of television," said Whedon.

Poking fun at the notion of The WB's target audience, he noted, "There's just no place for an old codger like Angel. He's like, two hundred and fifty, and that's not their demographic."

The fan efforts have allowed Mutant Enemy to discuss alternative production paths for the Buffy-Angel universe, including spin-off possibilities. Whedon suggested continuing to write to "everybody," in particular, 20th Century Fox Television Productions.

In discussing the final episode, Whedon said that while it will give closure, it should "leave enough stuff open that, should there be another season, there's plenty to do."

Whedon declared, "Our stories aren't told yet; not quite yet."

An excerpt, calling for continued fan action, follows:

KEVIN
Okay, here's the real question, then, Joss: Is there anything anyone can do to help you at this point, or is it just in the hands of the suits?

JOSS
You know, I think all the noise that's been made by the fans does help. Because we're talking about different venues for not just ANGEL but the Buffyverse in general.

KEVIN
Right.

JOSS
Spinoffs or TV movies, or whatever it is; the more interest that's shown, whether or not the show itself, as it is now, gets to come back, that registers with people.

KEVIN
Now, Bean and I are not the people who can bring it back, unfortunately.

JOSS
What?

KEVIN
If we were, we would.

JOSS
Oh, I've misdirected my fans.

KEVIN
So, Joss who should they write to?

JOSS
I believe Fox Studios [20th Century Fox Television Productions], who produces it, and... they should just keep writing to everybody: The WB, the other networks. The more the awareness of it is out there, the more it has a chance at finding some kind of life.

KEVIN
Oh, I see.

JOSS
Even though I honestly don't think it's going to come back in its present incarnation as the ANGEL series. I think there's a lot more to say about the Buffyverse in general.

BEAN
So people could even write to, say, ABC, and say, "Hey, by the way, they're taking ANGEL off, I sure would watch ABC if you were to pick it up."

JOSS
If people have the time.

KEVIN
Wow.

JOSS
They could write to everybody.

SaveANGEL.org, 2 April, 2004, updated 4 April

Source saveangel.org

Tror ni värkeligen vi fans kanske enddå kan ha nån effect ?

Xena doesn't just have a warcry. She made war cry. Just ask Ares

For Xena, death is never permanent. Its just a slight set back and always part of her plan.

If you're going through hell, keep going.Winston Churchill

Combat Information Center

Min avatar samling

#2 Mara Jade

Mara Jade

Senior Commodore

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:52

Det ar lyckats med andra serier..så varför inte....
Vad lyssnar och ser jag på?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Livet innebär naturligtvis många problem. Några av dom mest populära är. Varför föds vi? Varför dör vi? Varför använder vi så stor del av den mellanliggande tiden till att titta i skyltfönster? ~ Liftarens Guide till Galaxen

#3 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:54

Det låter lite gran som Josh Whedon själv tvivlar ??

For Xena, death is never permanent. Its just a slight set back and always part of her plan.

Min avatar samling

#4 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 05 April 2004 - 13:23

Umm... Det tolkade inte jag det som... :P

Förresten tror jag mycket riktigt att det kan hjälpa Angel leva vidare, men inte som teveserie. Jag tror nog att det är över helt enkelt - och jag är övertygad om att det kommer sluta bättre än Buffy gjorde :D
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#5 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 13:30

Even though I honestly don't think it's going to come back in its present incarnation as the ANGEL series.

Var det det som du bet dig fast i ?

Min avatar samling

#6 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 13:45

Nix, utan det var vad jag tänkte då jag hörde nyheten för första gången och hörde att det var spekulationer kring tevefilmer istället.

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#7 Forever Xena

Forever Xena

Warrior Princess

• 10,223 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 14:38

Ah gillar du sa TvFILMAR i flertal ;)

Min avatar samling

#8 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 15:27

Det var vad jag hörde ;)