• 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 02 December 2008 - 21:12

WB Drops The Dark Knight Rerelease Plans - ComingSoon.net
Source: Superhero Hype!
December 2, 2008

Superhero Hype! reports that Warner Bros. Pictures has dropped the plan to rerelease The Dark Knight in theaters in January. The studio was in talks with IMAX executives about bringing back the movie to a number of giant-screen venues, though it was uncertain whether the film would also return to conventional theaters.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#477 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:59

UPDATE: WB Still Planning The Dark Knight Rerelease
Source:Warner Bros. Pictures
December 2, 2008

Earlier today, we received solid word that Warner Bros. Pictures was dropping its plans to rerelease The Dark Knight in theaters in January.

But to our surprise, the studio told us later in the day they are still moving forward with the rerelease and that IMAX should be sending out an official announcement soon.

The Christopher Nolan-directed film has earned $996.1 million worldwide and should easily be able to surpass the $1 billion mark with the rerelease.

The year's biggest blockbuster hits DVD and Blu-ray Disc on Tuesday, December 9th.

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=7859

Dark Knight is iTunes' Top 2008 Movie Download
Source:The Hollywood Reporter
December 3, 2008

Apple said Tuesday that the best-selling movie download of the year at its online iTunes store is The Dark Knight, an especially notable accomplishment considering the film isn't even available there yet.

Consumers have been pre-ordering the movie for purchase and rental at such a fast clip that it has surpassed Disney's WALL•E as this year's top iTunes movie download.

Rounding out the iTunes Top 5 are Kung Fu Panda, Iron Man and National Treasure: Book of Secrets (at the time of this writing.)

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=7863
Proud member of ATNAG (Allegiance to Nolan and Goyer)
Batman Begins

2005&2008 Year of the Bat

2005 Evil feared the Knight, 2008 The Dark Knight Returns

The Dark Knight

#478 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 03 December 2008 - 18:49

The Dark Knight Social Media Microsite Launched - Superhero Hype!
Source:Warner Home Video International, PPC Interactive
December 3, 2008

To promote the DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of The Dark Knight on Tuesday, Warner Home Video International and PPC Interactive – part of The Picture Production Company - have created a first of its kind 'social media microsite.' Launched today, the new site houses a wealth of Batman-themed tools for fans to use on their profiles across the social web.

The social media microsite invites fans to express their allegiance to one of the key characters in The Dark Knight using a variety of customisation tools. Turning a profile picture into Batman or The Joker or grabbing a themed skin for your MySpace profile, blog or Twitter page are just some of ways fans can engage with the movie through My-DarkKnight.com.

Hoppas jag inte kommer bli besviken när jag äntligen kommer att få se filmen nästa vecka efter det att den kommit hem till min brevlåda.
Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#479 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:45

/Film - Exclusive: The Joker Takes Over Mad Magazine

Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008

DC Comics has supplied us with an exclusive look at the new issue of Mad Magazine, issue #497, which will hit stores on December 16th. Mad mascot Alfred E. Neuman is in costume as The Joker with the tag-line “Why So Stupid?” This is Mad’s annual “tribute to the year’s biggest idiots”.

Posted Image

#480 Kizmiaz

Kizmiaz

Wanderer of the Wastes

• Aktiv member
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 16:56

Haha! MAD still going strong. :lol:

Posted Image
../l、 Getting old is when a narrow waist and a broad mind change places!
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!
 じしf_,)ノ

#481 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 17:15

Nästan så man borde köpa just detta nummer. Brukar göra lite sporadiska inköp av Mad (även om jag gillar svenska Mad bättre då det begav sig). Är din bild från kommande numret? :)

#482 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 16:04

Variety - Warner to re-release Knight Jan. 23

Thurs., Dec. 4, 2008

Film could become fourth to gross over $1 bil.

Warner Bros. will re-release The Dark Knight on Jan. 23 in a nationwide launch, guaranteeing that it will become the fourth film to take in more than $1 billion in worldwide box office.

Knight has cumed $530.3 million domestically and $465.9 million internationally, leaving it less than $4 million short of the billion-dollar milestone. Only Titanic, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest have topped that mark.

Knight also is the second-highest domestic grosser of all time, trailing only Titanic.

The re-release will come six weeks after the DVD launch of Knight, set for Tuesday.

Dan Fellman, president of Warner's domestic distribution, made the announcement Thursday.

"We wanted to provide one more opportunity for moviegoers to experience it on the bigscreen as it was meant to be seen," he added.

Gäller det bara USA eller kan den tänkas gå upp på bio igen även här i sverige?

#483 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:19

Empire Online - The Dark Knight Score Up For Oscar Again

09 December 2008

Source: Variety

The Academy reverses decision to ban.

Notch up another victory for the Batman – The Dark Knight’s score is now back in contention for an Academy Award.

If you’ll recall, the Music Branch Executive Committee of the Academy disqualified the score last month on the grounds that composers Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard had listed three other people as contributors, which is against Academy rules.

However, after reviewing the facts of the case, the Academy were satisfied that Howard and Zimmer were solely responsible for the actual music, and have reinstated the score for consideration by Academy members.

And quite right, too, for the score is one of the best of the year and deserves to be in contention.

#484 Kermit

Kermit

Groda

• 11,890 posts
  • Interests:Serier, musik, konst, teckning.

Posted 09 December 2008 - 21:07

Mycket som var riktigt bra med den här filmen, men musiken? Inget av det mest minnesvärda direkt, det bästa var väl avsaknaden av ljud eller den skrikande tonen i bakgrunden när Jokern var med på något sätt.
*Hockey och superhjältar*

#485 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 17:08

Tyckte själv att musiken var riktigt bra.

Heath Ledger Golden Globe nominerad

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=7900
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#486 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 17:09

Filmen fick bara en nominering. Nu har jag inte sett filmen än, men har inte Heath en så pass stor roll i TDK att han skulle ha kunnat nominerats till bästa huvudroll?

#487 Fiskrens

Fiskrens

Social kameleont

• 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy, Familj, Rollspel, Sci-Fi, Karate, Film, Musik, Gitarrspelande i varierande ordning.

Posted 11 December 2008 - 17:19

Filmen fick bara en nominering. Nu har jag inte sett filmen än, men har inte Heath en så pass stor roll i TDK att han skulle ha kunnat nominerats till bästa huvudroll?

På ett plan, ja: filmen är ett bra drama för att den egentligen har tre likvärdiga huvudroller i Batman/Wayne, Harvey Dent och Jokern. Men måste man välja en blir det väl Batman med de andra två som supporting.
"It's only called paranoia if you can't prove it" - William Gibson

"It's more the way it is now than it's ever been" - Dwight David Eisenhower

"Typisk otur, Krydolf! När det regnar flyglar har den fattige inga noter" - Don Martin

#488 Cartman

Cartman

Deputy Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 10,210 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 19:08

-Jo, jag antar att det lätt blir så. :)

MTV.Com - Heath Ledger's Family Say His Golden Globe Nomination Is Deeply Appreciated

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Actor receives posthumous nomination for his Joker performance in The Dark Knight.

Heath Ledger's critically acclaimed performance as the Joker in The Dark Knight garnered him a posthumous supporting-actor Golden Globe nomination, lending credence to the predictions that he'll also earn an Oscar nomination for the role. The family of the actor, who died of an accidental drug overdose in January, released a statement after the nomination was announced Thursday morning (December 11).

"We thank the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for honoring Heath's performance in The Dark Knight," Ledger's father, Kim Ledger, told People in a statement sent from his home in Ledger's native Perth, Australia. "This nomination is deeply appreciated and is not lost on those of us who continue to love and miss him. We are so proud our boy's work is being recognized in this way."

The late actor is up against Tom Cruise and Robert Downey Jr. for their roles in Tropic Thunder, Ralph Fiennes for The Duchess and Philip Seymour Hoffman for his role in Doubt. Despite overwhelming success at the box office, Ledger's nomination is the only one that The Dark Knight received.

Ledger, an Oscar nominee for Brokeback Mountain,"had already received advance praise for his work as Batman's mentally unstable nemesis when he was found dead in his New York City apartment on January 22 at the age of 28.

If he goes on to win an Oscar next year, it will be the first posthumous Academy Award given in 32 years.

#489 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 26 December 2008 - 22:12

Visste inte att det fanns 2 versioner av fodralet till filmen. Orginalet ska vara ett på Batman men mitt (på Blu-ray) fodral har en bild på The Joker med en massa Joker-klotter.
Måste vara en form av hyllning till Heath Ledger.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#490 SwedishSuperhero

SwedishSuperhero

Senior Commodore

• Aktiv member
  • 2,175 posts
  • Interests:Serier, tv, film, spel. Gillar även att skriva och ämnar att bli författare. Gör mina egna videor: http://youtube.com/user/dakostro http://dakostro.blogspot.com

Posted 27 December 2008 - 13:39

Nån som fick filmen i julklapp? Det gjorde jaaag! :thumbsup: Har inte hunnit titta på den än, dock.
"Nu blir jag upprörd! Min sambo och jag brukar ibland äta fil och flingor till frukost. Vi samsas då om ett paket fil. Nu måste vi köpa två paket fil och ha varsin. Varför då undrar ni kanske? Jo för jag har hört att Antipiratbyrån har polisanmält folk för fildelning så nu törs vi inte göra det längre."
Insändare ur Gefle Dagblad 17/10 2005.

"Tyvärr förvandlas han ideligen till en löjligt brinnande dödskalle"
Filmrecensenten Kristian Ekenberg om Nicholas Cage som Ghost Rider, ur Gefle Dagblad 17/3 2007

#491 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 16:31

Visste inte att det fanns 2 versioner av fodralet till filmen. Orginalet ska vara ett på Batman men mitt (på Blu-ray) fodral har en bild på The Joker med en massa Joker-klotter.
Måste vara en form av hyllning till Heath Ledger.

Är bara variant omslag. Vet inte hur många av Blueray omslagen kom till Sverige men har sett på olika forum, typ superherohype hur samlare köpt typ alla 4-5 olika omslagen som släppts.

Nån som fick filmen i julklapp? Det gjorde jaaag! thumbsup.gif Har inte hunnit titta på den än, dock.

Japp fick 2-disk utgåvan på DVD, har inte kollat på filmen än. Synd att de fina serierelaterade dokumentärfilmerna bara medföljer på Blueray utgåvan. Visserligen såg jag dem redan under sommaren tack vare torrentar och youtube men ändå. Själva transfern ser riktigt bra ut dock.
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#492 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 18:45

Heath Ledger vinner Golden Globe för "Best Supporting Role in a Motion Picture" för sin roll som Jokern I "The Dark Knight".

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=7979

Gick till rätt person det priset.
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#493 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 17:28

The Dark Knight nominerad till 8 Oscars, och Ledger fick givetvis sin nominering.

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=8005
Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#494 super85

super85

Forward Admiral

• 4,705 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 14:41

Väntat och förtjänat fick familjen Ledger ta emot Oscar statyetten till ära av Heath Ledgers lysande tolkning som Jokern. The Dark Knight fick även en Oscar för Best Sound Editing och där gick priset till Richard King.

http://www.superhero...ews.php?id=8111

Edited by super85, 23 February 2009 - 16:13.

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

#495 Fiskrens

Fiskrens

Social kameleont

• 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy, Familj, Rollspel, Sci-Fi, Karate, Film, Musik, Gitarrspelande i varierande ordning.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 19:25

Såg den här för tredje gången nu. Lika bra den här gången, och Heath Ledgers Joker är fantastisk - den här gången också :). Både vill och vill inte se om Nicholsons variant från ´89, men jag är övertygad om att Ledger slår honom med råge. Mycket tack var ett starkare manus och dialog, så klart.

Lutar åt att det här är den bästa superhjältefilmen någonsin. Vissa ogillar att den är för realistisk och att det blir för mycket thriller; jag tycker snarare det är fantastiskt att filmen lyckas väva in superhjältetema i en annars så vardaglig värld.
"It's only called paranoia if you can't prove it" - William Gibson

"It's more the way it is now than it's ever been" - Dwight David Eisenhower

"Typisk otur, Krydolf! När det regnar flyglar har den fattige inga noter" - Don Martin