1 reply to this topic

#1 Micro-Ben

Micro-Ben

Cadet First Year

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2023 - 15:50

Hej!

Köpte massor med SF-pocketböcker bl.a. i kiosker runt 70-71 och har en fråga om en bok: Vad hette boken och vem var författaren?

Vad jag minns är att huvudpersonen var en grabb som var på världsutställningen i Chicago på 30 eller 40-talet. Han hade en paranormal förmåga som gjorde att han kunde namnge en (två?) mördare genom att skriva ett brev till FBI eller liknande.

Han hade lämnat fingeravtryck på brevet och när han ryckte in i lumpen fick myndigheterna tag på honom och han fick jobba åt staten efter det. Vore roligt att få reda på bok och författare.

Micro-Ben

#2 Peak

Peak

Dear Leader

• Admin
  • 11,181 posts

Posted 23 October 2023 - 13:40

Hej!

Antar att du menar en kioskdeckare, men har tyvärr ingen aning. 

Testade att fråga Bing (med pulp sf som nyckelord), men tror inte det är någon av dessa som gavs som förslag:

The Night of the Long Knives by Fritz Leiber: This novel is set in an alternate history where the Nazis won World War II and the United States is under fascist rule. The story takes place during the 1933 Chicago World’s Fair, where a group of FBI agents must stop a Nazi plot to assassinate President Roosevelt1.

The Great World’s Fair Mystery by Jacques Futrelle: This novel is a collection of short stories featuring detective Professor Augustus S. F. X. Van Dusen, also known as “The Thinking Machine.” One of the stories, “The Problem of Cell 13,” takes place at the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair and involves a prison escape2.

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson: This non-fiction book tells the story of two men who were involved in the 1893 Chicago World’s Fair: Daniel H. Burnham, the architect who oversaw the construction of the fair, and H. H. Holmes, a serial killer who used the fair as a hunting ground for his victims3.

//Peak
* Sci-Fi Nytt * Sci-Fi Nytts Forum

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the
beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the
beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and
sixty six."