Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
  • Interests:Depeche Mode
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 13 August 2009 - 20:16

Idag så har det florerat ett antal artiklar att Bryan Singer tänker göra en Battlestar Galactica film, han hade visst en TV-Serie (fortsättning på original Battlestar Galactica) på gång när katastrofen i NY hände 2001 och den lades i stort sett direkt ner i malpåsen efter det. Nu är det film som gäller och har inget med TV-Serien som gått på Sci-Fi Channel (och Kanal 5 här i Sverige) att göra.

Om det nu sker, kommer det bli en hit eller flopp?
Personligen så tycker jag att det är för tidigt med en BSG film, så pass nära avslutningen av TV-Serien, som fortfarande producerar TV filmer och till och med fått en prequel spin-off.

Empire: Movie News - Bryan Singer Boarding Battlestar?

New Galactica moving forward
Source: HitFix Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Drew McWeeny over at HitFix has heard that Bryan Singer is in talks to work on a Battlestar Galactica feature film project. Yes, just months after the end of the superlative TV series we could see the start of a new Battlestar on the big screen.

Singer tried to get a new Battlestar TV series off the ground waaaay back in 2001, but after the September 11 attacks the story of a sneak strike that wipes out a large portion of humanity wasn't exactly an easy sell, and the project died. At least, until Ronald D. Moore picked up the ball in 2003 and ran with it,

Now, apparently, Universal, which owns the film rights, is trying to bring Battlestar Galactica back to the big screen and has asked Singer to come aboard as producer and possibly director. The creator of the original 1970s show, Glen A. Larson, is already working on the project.

So what do you think? Is it too soon after the ace TV show? And most importantly: Starbuck, man or woman?

Bryan Singer To Reboot Battlestar Galactica? | /Film

MTV Movies Blog » Blog Archive » Bryan Singer May Be Setting His Sights On 'Battlestar Galactica'

How Can Bryan Singer's BSG Movie Compensate For Leaving Out Six? - Battlestar Galactica - io9

Singer Helming BSG Movie? - Mania.com

Movies - News - Singer to make 'Battlestar Galactica' movie? - Digital Spy

Bryan Singer For Battlestar Galactica Reboot?

Is Bryan Singer Repairing Old Cylons for a BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Movie?

Will Bryan Singer Helm a Battlestar Galactica Movie? - ComingSoon.net

IGN: Singer Tackling Battlestar Galactica?

Film news Bryan Singer boarding a Galactica pic? | TotalFilm.com

Rumor: Is Bryan Singer attached to a Battlestar movie? | SCI FI Wire
Posted Image

Bryan Singer (right) HitFix's columnist Drew McWeeny reports a tantalizing rumor: that Universal Pictures is nearing a deal with filmmaker Bryan Singer to produce and possibly direct a new movie version of Battlestar Galactica.

Singer and producing partner Tom DeSanto were originally developing a Syfy original series based on the old Battlestar series about the time the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks occurred, and the plan fell apart. It was later that Ronald D. Moore and David Eick developed their own take on the material for a Syfy series that went on to critical acclaim, earning the admiration of a loyal if somewhat small audience.

Here's what HitFix reported:

The question this raises, of course, is how close will [Singer's new movie] be to the plans that Singer had for the material before Ron Moore's show aired? Right now, my sources indicate that the big decisions haven't been made yet. Singer is the first major creative element to be approached, so once they sign him, they'll go find a writer and they'll figure out exactly which story they're telling. It seems like he'd want to get back to the ideas he originally loved about the piece, but since that was developed with another studio, I'm not sure that would work. And I'm not sure I buy that Singer's going to come in just to direct a big-screen version of the show that just finished its run. The series wrapped up pretty conclusively, with The Plan and Caprica already in motion as extensions of that story in different directions.

So is this going to be yet another all-new take on the premise? In February of this year, the announcement was made that [Battlestar creator] Glen Larson had signed a deal with Universal to develop a Galactica film that was not tied to any previous version. This has got to be that same project, right? So I guess that means Singer and Larson are going to be sitting down to figure out what take they want to pursue.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions about this report, which remains a rumor for now. Stay tuned!

Originalartikeln:

EXCLUSIVE: Bryan Singer boarding Battlestar Galactica for Universal? - HitFix.com

I really didn't see this one coming.

One of the many casualties of Sept. 11, 2001 was the Tom De Santo/Bryan Singer version of "Battlestar Galactica," designed as a sequel to the '70s show, which was less than three months from shooting when the attacks on America happened. Since the Cylon sneak attack was a big part of the $14 million backdoor pilot they were about to shoot, Sci-Fi got very nervous about the film, and everything fell apart.

In the time since, obviously, Ron Moore and David Eick and the entire amazing creative team who did bring "Battlestar Galactica" back to television managed to not only get a new show on the air, but they've completed their run and they're gearing up on a spinoff series, "Caprica." Despite the amount of critical love that was displayed for the show during its run, I wouldn't call Moore's "Galactica" a phenomenon. It was more like a very enthusiastic and vocal cult audience. As a result, Universal seems to feel that there's more life in the property, and that there is room for another interpretation.

That's why they're nearing a deal with Bryan Singer to produce and possibly direct a brand-new "Battlestar Galactica" feature film.

[more after the jump]

The question this raises, of course, is how close will this be to the plans that Singer had for the material before Ron Moore's show aired? Right now, my sources indicate that the big decisions haven't been made yet. Singer is the first major creative element to be approached, so once they sign him, they'll go find a writer and they'll figure out exactly which story they're telling. It seems like he'd want to get back to the ideas he originally loved about the piece, but since that was developed with another studio, I'm not sure that would work.

And I'm not sure I buy that Singer's going to come in just to direct a big-screen version of the show that just finished its run. The series wrapped up pretty conclusively, with "The Plan" and "Caprica" already in motion as extensions of that story in different directions.

So is this going to be yet another all-new take on the premise? In February of this year, the announcement was made that Glen Larson had signed a deal with Universal to develop a "Galactica" film that was not tied to any previous version. This has got to be that same project, right? So I guess that means Singer and Larson are going to be sitting down to figure out what take they want to pursue.

Tell me... does Singer's attachment mean you're interested? Should Larson revisit this material already? Do you think Universal's going to be able to get lightning to strike again in the same spot?

You can see more on the De Santo/Singer version here.

You can read how Richard Hatch originally wanted to reboot the show.

And you can even read an interview where Ron Moore says he has no problem with someone trying a totally different take on the show if you click here.

So far, I haven't heard definitively that Tom De Santo is part of this particular version of the project, but I'm assumng that his long-term association with Singer and his obvious undying love for the material would lead to him reteaming with his long-time friend in some capacity.

Even the stars look brighter tonight - Nothing's Impossible
If you believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible
I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

* Lyssnar på just nu * Delar med mig * Twitter * DinoRPG *
Forumets kak- tårt- & glass monster ;)
>>Årets Kvinnliga Medlem 2006, 2007 & 2008<< >>Årets Moderator 2007 & 2008<<
>>Årets Shoppingkompass (=Årets Garv) 2009<<

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#2 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 13 August 2009 - 20:28

Jag tycker det känns för tidigt... Vi har ju nyss haft en riktigt bra version på BSG.

Det är verkligen idé-torka i Hollywood fabriken.

fqq5BYam.jpg

Du skall inte lyssna på vad jag säger; du skall fatta vad jag menar.

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#3 tntclr

tntclr

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 22:00

Idiotiskt om det är sant
"Are science fiction and heart mutually exclusive? One word answer: Cocoon"
Steve Guttenberg i s2ep5 av Party Down

#4 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 22:06

Jag tycker det känns för tidigt...

DEt är väl också en poäng att göra det just nu? Smida medan järnet är varmt?

Det förvånar mig dock inte att ryktena förekommer eller om det blir sant. Glen Larson stoppade just Moores BSG från att bli riktig film och man fick kringgå det hela på olika sätt för att komma runt släppet av t.ex. Razor.
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#5 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts
  • Interests:TV, Film, Böcker, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Undvika soliga dagar, datorer, internet, retro teknoligi och din senaste post!

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:09

Glen Larson gillade väl inte Moores BSG heller? Är det inte så att Larson har enbart rättigheterna till en film? Och det var en av anledningarna till att man fick trixa lite för att kunna släppa razor. (Tror de sände den som en miniserie typ va?) Och "smida medan järnet är varmt" är väl uppenbart att de försöker göra. Återstår och se om det funkar eller biter dem i häcken.

Iaf så bekräftar Sci-fi Wire nu att en film producerad av Singer och Larson och regisserad av den förre är officiellt på gång.

»The film is not expected to be a continuation of current popular television show that's running on the Syfy network but will be a complete re-imagining of the sci-fi lore that was invented by Larson back in the '70s.«[Källa]

Edited by XC, 14 August 2009 - 07:14.

fqq5BYam.jpg

»Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.« (Samuel Beckett)

#6 Robert Jonsson

Robert Jonsson

Love Cthulhu

• Aktiv member
  • 14,154 posts
  • Interests:Spel, narrativ och skrivande.

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:56

Precis - han gillade den inte alls och de fick sända den på TV först. Uppdelad i två delar om jag minns rätt. Det fanns fler som inte var helt sålda på idén: t.ex. originalets Apollo som blev Zarek. Han ändrade sig i slutänden, men jag tror aldrig Larson gjorde det.
Robert Jonsson | Moment 223 | Bortom: Lögnens slöja | Facebook

»Cthulhu är passé. Det är Love Cthulhu som gäller numera. Jag hade då bara inte en aning om att det var jag som var Love Cthulhu.«

#7 Fiskrens

Fiskrens

Social kameleont

• 4,025 posts
  • Interests:Fantasy, Familj, Rollspel, Sci-Fi, Karate, Film, Musik, Gitarrspelande i varierande ordning.

Posted 16 August 2009 - 18:36

Bryan Singer to direct "Battlestar Galactica"
Universal Pictures has set Bryan Singer to direct and produce a feature version of "Battlestar Galactica," confirming a report on the Hitfix website.
"Battlestar Galactica" appears to be on a fast track and sources said that Singer could be looking at a $10 million paycheck to sign on to the film.

Det är officiellt nu, alltså.

Edited by Fiskrens, 16 August 2009 - 18:36.

"It's only called paranoia if you can't prove it" - William Gibson

"It's more the way it is now than it's ever been" - Dwight David Eisenhower

"Typisk otur, Krydolf! När det regnar flyglar har den fattige inga noter" - Don Martin

#8 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 18:50

Tydligen. *Blandade känslor* Jag nämnde det redan i inlägg 5 btw. ;)

fqq5BYam.jpg

#9 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 20:29

Alltså nu får det väl ändå räcka? Är det ingen som orkar komma på nått nytt längre?! :angry:

Winter is Coming

#10 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 10 September 2009 - 22:18

What could Bryan Singer's new Battlestar look like? | SCI FI Wire

Posted Image

Now that Bryan Singer is developing a new/retro movie version of Battlestar Galactica, the real question is: What will everything look like?

Concept artist Eric Chu, writing in CinemaSpy, has come up with some cool designs that hearken back to those of the 1978 TV series, with a few tweaks to update them. And look! A Daggett!

Posted Image

Chu's not just anybody: In 2003 he served as production illustrator for Syfy's Battlestar Galactica, redesigning Galactica, the new Cylon Centurions and both the Cylon Raiders and Basestar.

(Click to enlarge)

Posted Image

Here's how he explains his approach to original series creator Glen Larson and Singer's proposed new film:

Whether Larson and Singer are planning a remake or a continuation, there is no doubt that the feature will draw very closely from the Battlestar Galactica so many of us grew up with. Design-wise, this presents a unique challenge (as I found out from my first attempt at updating a beloved property in Drawing on Imagination: 'UFO - The Movie' Concept Art): How does one maintain the look and feel of the original without being beholden to it? A few cosmetic changes here and there might be fine for some, but insufficient for those who are accustomed to the kind of sophistication that digital technology now affords us.

Click over to see more.

I still believe in love at first sight - Nothing's Impossible // Nothing's Impossible - Depeche Mode 2005

Esseffennälg (pop.) - Skrivs egentligen SFN-älg och är en ytterst sällsynt ras av älg som enbart finns i vilt tillstånd på Sci-Fi Nytt.
Enstaka exemplar kan hittas också på Tv-land, men de brukar snabbt bli förvirrade och skynda sig tillbaka till Sci-Fi Nytt.

...och eftersom jag är karl kan jag inte multitaska och hålla två olika parallela universum i skallen samtidigt.

...jag förberedde mig på det värsta: dvs ett episkt prettodrama som Wylie och Synon antagligen skulle sucka nöjt över.

#11 Georgia

Georgia

Synthare

• SuperMod
  • 15,336 posts
    Sci-Fi
    Fantasy

Posted 20 October 2011 - 22:21

Två år senare så har artiklar om nya BSG filmen dyka upp igen.
Har det verkligen gått två år :blink:

Frak, yes: Battlestar Galactica relaunch has its writer | Blastr

Bryan Singer's Battlestar Galactica has taken one step closer to becoming a reality! Hollywood vet John Orloff has been signed to pen the long-in-development (and we do mean long) film adaptation, and he's psyched.
Universal Pictures has hired Orloff to write the revamped screenplay for an adaptation of the 1978 TV space opera, in a move that confirms rumors that the reboot will be moving forward. After plans for Singer's film Excalibur hit the skids, the director decided to spend more time developing his vision for Battlestar. It's no secret that Singer is a huge fan of the property, but what about Orloff?

The writer recently spoke to Deadline about his new job and revealed his backstory as an old-school BSG fan. He said, "I have wanted to write this movie since I was 12 years old and built a Galactica model from scratch out of balsa wood, cardboard, old model parts and LEDs. I love BSG, and I would pass on the job rather than frak it up." Yes, you read that correctly—he said frak!

Orloff has a pretty interesting background. He's scripted everything from hardcore dramas (HBO's Band of Brothers) to children's films (Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole). His latest includes the screenplay for the Roland Emmerich film Anonymous, which he also co-produced. How do you go from Shakespeare to Battlestar Galactica? It's called range, and it looks like he has it.

Do you think [i]BSG
is safe in Orloff's hands?

Bryan Singer Says Death of EXCALIBUR Has Allowed Him to Focus on BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

#12 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 07 April 2014 - 22:41

Nu börjar det röra på sig.

Jack Paglen kommer skriva manuset till denna reimagine av Battlestar Galactica och seriens skapare, Glen Larson, kommer att producera filmen.
Universals productions chef Scott Bernstein och utveckligs(?) regisören Jay Polidoro kommer att överse projectet.

Källa

Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif

#13 Rick Hunter

Rick Hunter

Vice Admiral

• Aktiv member
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 23:07

Funderat lite på detta, kanske vore det läge att göra denna film lite som originalserien? Läste några serietidningar för ett tag sen som gav ett alternativt BSG 1980 istället för den urusla serien, det skulle vara grymt att se som film. 

Winter is Coming

#14 XC

XC

«Thundermoose.»

• Admin
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:57

Originalserien har ju avgjort sin charm. :)

fqq5BYam.jpg

#15 Crusader

Crusader

Rumpadmiral

• 12,013 posts
  • Location:Osby, Skåne, Sverige, Europa, Jorden, Solsystemet, Wintergatan
  • Interests:Sci/Fi, Fantasy, Drama, Skräck, Kärlek/Romantik, Komedi... nog lättare att säga allt. :P

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:21

Jo, jag har tänkt samma sak. En campy och mer familjeäventyrs filmserie hade väl passat bäst efter den dystra och seriösa TV-serien.
Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine.
And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!
-Sora, Kingdom Hearts
Godzilla%20racing_zps1cj0z7fu.gif